PDA

View Full Version : Worst technique

Pages : [1] 2 3

RealMAs
8/15/2003 5:03pm,
I know that I've posted this before

The cow catcher is a minor modification of the natural flinch, such as when a swarm of bees would descend at your face. In this situation, the body crouches, the arms raise to protect the head, and the head lowers. The cowcatcher is basically that movement, but the arms extend somewhat into a position similar to diving into a swimming pool. The head drops into the isoceles triangle formed between the upper arms, and the body orients itself in a forward leaning position with a solid base. The attacker sees the same view that the water would see of a diver. Not much of a target, and a double palm thrust coming right down the pipe!”

But I can't remember reading anything as absurd as this before.

Kail
8/15/2003 9:48pm,
Odd, a "cow catcher" is what the wrestling coach called hitting a double underhook on someone with a sloppy shot. Hook, turn, twist toss, bad shot ended, guy eithe rslung away or you got good top position.

RealMAs
8/15/2003 10:58pm,
Hi Kail

I did a little wrestling in high school, I didn’t learn the cowcatcher. The way you describe it I wouldn’t be any good at it anyhow. I never liked the double under hook unless I had a butterfly grip on (duh, like who wouldn’t). I was only an average wrestler in high school.

Hey Hap, I guess I’m at least of voting age. LOL

*****Bullshido artists*****

Black Belt - brandeissansoo
Brown Belt - Goojeanleans
Blue Belt - blue-dragon
White belt - Anthony A

Edited by - RealMAs on August 15 2003 23:06:00

Kail
8/15/2003 11:44pm,
RealMAs, I mostly can't describe it that well. For me it mostly resulted in either tossing a guy half off a mat if I didn't want to tangle yet, or if I had baited with a "sugar foot" as the coach called it, an almost bell to bell throw. I could show it and have it make sense, but explaining it without laying hands on you is like most things in fighting, damned tough.

RealMAs
8/16/2003 12:10am,
I could show it and have it make sense, but explaining it without laying hands on you is like most things in fighting, damned tough.

You are so right. Just the terminology can screw you up. I know what you mean by an under hook, But this puzzles me.

a "sugar foot" as the coach called it, an almost bell to bell throw.

sugar foot? bell to bell?

I wrestled some Olympic free style and a little bit more Roman Greco, how about you?

Black belt – Vacant
Brown belt – Vacant
Blue belt – Vacant
Green belt – Vacant
Yellow belt – Vacant
White belt - Vacant

RealMAs
8/16/2003 12:16am,
Do you incorporate any of your wrestling into your MA today? For me sprawling and some tie-ups are about it.

Black belt – Vacant
Brown belt – Vacant
Blue belt – Vacant
Green belt – Vacant
Yellow belt – Vacant
White belt - Vacant

Boyd
8/16/2003 12:35am,
Ohh, RealMA's making a **** list? I am SO on it!

Our horse is too dead, our jockey's too big, our trainer's too old, and I'm too dumb to know the difference!

RealMAs
8/16/2003 12:42am,
Nice profile Boyd

Marital Status: CURRENTLY DOING MIXED MARTIAL ARTS

ROTFLMAO

Black belt – Vacant
Brown belt – Vacant
Blue belt – Vacant
Yellow belt – Vacant
White belt - Vacant

Getting called a "bullshido artist" by RealMAs is like being called "lame" by a 'tard. Goojeanleans

Boyd
8/16/2003 12:45am,
Hey, RealMAs?

Our horse is too dead, our jockey's too big, our trainer's too old, and I'm too dumb to know the difference!

RealMAs
8/16/2003 12:59am,
Hey, RealMAs?

Don’t tell me you don’t see what’s funny with your profile

Black belt – Vacant
Brown belt – Vacant
Blue belt – Vacant
Yellow belt – Vacant
White belt - Vacant

Getting called a "bullshido artist" by RealMAs is like being called "lame" by a 'tard. Goojeanleans

RealMAs
8/16/2003 1:27am,
n00bs.

What does it mean?

Black belt – Vacant
Brown belt – Vacant
Blue belt – Vacant
Yellow belt – Vacant
White belt - Vacant

MrMcFu
8/16/2003 1:32am,
You guys have never Americana-ed yourself?

Unfortunately, you will never understand professionalism.

You must be MA n00bs!

Edited by - mrmcfu on August 16 2003 01:33:27

Boyd
8/16/2003 1:36am,
RealMAs:

Go eat a dick.

Boyd
8/16/2003 1:37am,
MrMcFu: I have Americana'ed myself, but not to the point of permanent shoulder damage. Does this make me any less of a man?

Kail
8/16/2003 9:58am,
RealMA,

"Sugar footing", baiting with a lead foot way out front. When you dropped your center to close in, instead of being more squared, you put a foot way out and sort of leaned over it, commiting to it enough. You had to be quick to even have a hope of using it, and a game plan in case they did get the single.

Most everything I did was Greco/Roman back in school. Coach competed both G/R and Freetyle, and would set us up under freestyle rules to play around now and then.

MrMcFu
8/16/2003 12:14pm,
Boyd hehe good one.

Actually, your trained auto kinetic responses will cause instant compression healing on your permanently damaged shoulder, provided you buy my videos.

And yes, you will then be more of a man.