PDA

View Full Version : hello

doomsayer
3/05/2007 7:55pm,
im new to the whole organized martial arts. i was wondering what pointers i can get to gain muscle endurance for grappling. any suggestions are welcome.

TKDBot
3/05/2007 7:56pm,
Welcome to Bullshido, the best Martial Arts forum on the entire Internet, doomsayer. Seriously, you won't regret your choice to join us. We're a great bunch of folks, except for Hannibal. And Sirc. And TaiGip. And MMA Kid. And... well, you get the point.

PointyShinyBurn
3/05/2007 8:03pm,
Grapple.

doomsayer
3/06/2007 7:36pm,
well yea i figured that much but i work the afternoon shift so class is only an option on saturdays.

kohadril
3/06/2007 8:52pm,
Grapple in the morning then. 1/week isn't going to do you much good. If there aren't any classes when you're around, maybe you can find a couple of buddies at the class to practice with during the week. It's not as good as real instruction, but it'll help your conditioning.

Welcome to the board.

doomsayer
3/08/2007 8:53pm,
thanks alot. sounds like a pretty good idea.

RunningDog
3/08/2007 9:32pm,
Yeah, "grapple" is the standard, supremely unhelpful grappling nutrider answer. Actually anything which increases your general endurance and strength will help. How about join a gym and do lots of freeweights. Get one of their personal trainers to give you a grappling program. Should include some stuff with a core ball. Cycling and swimming are good too.