PDA

View Full Version : Training for MMA fight

Liffguard
3/02/2007 4:04pm,
My sub wrestling/MMA coach has told me he can get me an MMA fight whenever I feel ready provided I give him enough warning. I'm going to ask him on monday and hopefully I'll be able to get a fight for three months time or so. Anyway, if I do I'll need to change my training a bit, mainly cutting back on the weights a bit and put more time into sparring and cardio. This is a provisional plan that I'd like you guys to critique if possible:

Monday:
AM - Weights
PM - sub wrestling/MMA

Tuesday:
AM - Cardio (circuit training)

Wednesday:
AM - Weights
PM - BJJ/MMA

Thursday:
AM - Cardio (circuit training)
PM - Boxing followed by Judo

Friday:
AM - Weights
PM - Boxing

Weekend:
Open mat sparring (? Depends on who's free to do it)
Otherwise - Cardio (circuit training) on either day. Other day free.

Any glaring flaws or obvious areas that need improvement? Thanks.

Abusivemelon
3/02/2007 4:28pm,
Yeah you havent promised to record it. Remember video or it didnt happen.

Liffguard
3/02/2007 4:46pm,
Don't worry, if it happens I'll make sure it gets recorded. It''ll probably be amateur rules though, i.e. no closed-fist strikes to the head. A little lame I know but I'd rather walk before learning to run.

Abusivemelon
3/02/2007 4:48pm,
Don't worry, if it happens I'll make sure it gets recorded. It''ll probably be me amateur rules though, i.e. no closed-fist strikes to the head. A little lame I know but I'd rather walk before learning to run.

Pff I do Krotty your like a god to me :P

meggaman7
3/04/2007 1:48pm,
How many/how often are you taking off days? Do you just take them as needed?

Liffguard
3/04/2007 5:59pm,
One day every weekend off and then another one during the week off if I feel I need it, otherwise as scheduled.

RunningDog
3/04/2007 7:09pm,
I take it your knee's fixed itself?

If so keep training, you will pwn, you have a talent.

Liffguard
3/05/2007 4:04am,
Knee's not yet 100% but it's fixed enough that I feel ok to start training properly.

alex
3/05/2007 4:08am,
WHERES YOUR MUAY THAI

Asriel
3/05/2007 4:09am,
Where will the fight be my friend?

Liffguard
3/05/2007 4:31am,
Whoa whoa. I haven't got it organised yet. This is just a provisional plan in anticipation of getting it organised. I'm gonna be talking to the guy who can probably make it happen tonight so I'll see then.

Liffguard
3/05/2007 7:20pm,
Right, I've talked to my coach (who's also the organiser) and it's looking likely I'll fight in May, exact date to be confirmed.

meggaman7
3/05/2007 8:54pm,
What weight class?

Liffguard
3/06/2007 5:43am,
<79kg

Abusivemelon
3/07/2007 1:16pm,
Good luck

RunningDog
3/07/2007 4:07pm,
Where's the kickjitsu? all I see is grapplin' and boxin'. You can't just rely on TX Johnson's video tutorials.