PDA

View Full Version : Kung fu techniques to counter boxing. Yeah, seriously.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

meggaman7
3/01/2007 8:04am,
Found this link on Rosstraining. I was gonna post this in fraud and investigations forum, but I find it entirely too amusing.

http://www.wongkk.com/general/videos-western-boxing.html

Epicurus
3/01/2007 8:19am,
Looked pretty sweet. Why the hell am I bothering to train boxing, with all my ineffective "Bouncing about" and :having some clue what in the **** I am doing"

jkdbuck76
3/01/2007 8:21am,
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I wish someone would
beat that guy like a Sunday morning boner.

"Sifu Wong". What a crock!

PirateJon
3/01/2007 8:25am,
I used to think my boxing was sloppy, but I'm pretty boy floyd compared to those bastards.

Lu Tze
3/01/2007 9:34am,
More like Sifu Wrong amirite guys?

God I kill me sometimes...

TheOtherChris
3/01/2007 10:55am,
More like Sifu Wrong amirite guys?

God I kill me sometimes...
I thought it was pretty funny.

kohadril
3/01/2007 11:06am,
He says to use side-kicks. Seriously. Side-kicks to counter boxing. His argument is that boxers will just "bounce away." Now, I'm not a boxer, but I'm pretty sure that weaving and slipping are part of boxing too. And when your kick catches nothing but air (because any idiot, even a noob grappler like me, can see a chambered side-kick a mile away), you'll have about a quarter of a second to wonder where you went wrong before the boxer who is now immediately beside you starts to un-pretty your face.

Southpaw
3/01/2007 11:16am,
There are truely some awesome quotes on that website.

"Using the Double Dragon Hands at the Box-Arrow Stance is an effective way to keep an agile boxer at bay. The boxer soon becomes tired from his bouncing about, while you are still relaxed and full of energy."

Hmmm...considering boxers typically train to go 10 to 15 rounds...I'm wondering exactly how long you have to stand there in that special stance before the boxer "becomes tired."

"Applying kungfu techniques against a boxer’s techniques is relatively easy."
Kung fu wins! (A real) Video please.

"Note that while the boxer may become tired easily from his bouncing about, the kungfu exponent is calm and relaxed, and is able to conserve his energy."
Further evidence that they have never met a boxer.

blindfury
3/01/2007 11:18am,
Ha! plus a lot of times boxers are going to get their distance which is too close for side kicks!

blindfury
3/01/2007 11:19am,
What about the technique called green dragon shoots pearl! seriously its on there

From Bell2Bell
3/01/2007 11:33am,
(Take not that a boxer’s strong point is not his techniques, but his speed.)

WTF is he trying to say here? Even ignoring the typo this makes no sense. Am I misunderstanding this or is this a kung fu guy that thinks boxing is all speed with no power? Or does he think the punches are low percentage techniques? Or does he just generally look down on boxing for some vague reason that he can't explain?

new2bjj
3/01/2007 11:42am,
He looks down on boxing because it's not Chinese. And he doesn't teach it. I remember reading about a mongolian kung fu/shiao Jiao guy that said he challenged a boxer and wound up in the hospital. I wish I still had the issue-quote "don't underestimate boxers!"

PirateJon
3/01/2007 11:42am,
WTF is he trying to say here? Even ignoring the typo this makes no sense. Am I misunderstanding this or is this a kung fu guy that thinks boxing is all speed with no power? Or does he think the punches are low percentage techniques? Or does he just generally look down on boxing for some vague reason that he can't explain?

Boxing "technique" is terrible because there's only a few punches and not the hundreds of strikes and forms and whatever. I mean, a 1-2 combo? That's not nearly as awesome as flying dragon spys the eagle into tiger claw lightning upper!

sempaiman
3/01/2007 12:32pm,
I'll have to remember, that while sparring a gung fu guy, that I don't bounce around too much and fall into his trap.

War Wizard
3/01/2007 12:38pm,
This pic amuses me to no end:

http://wongkk.com/images-2/clf/sifuclf08.jpg

Neildo
3/01/2007 12:44pm,
lol, no kidding.

Right cross = nappy time.