PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to UFC 69. 2 fights in particular...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

JMYoung
2/28/2007 8:11pm,
Luke Cummo v. Josh Haynes
We haven't seen Luke in quite some time, so I'm curious to see how he's progressing, and he's always fun to watch. Plus, Josh always seemed a little whiny to me on TUF, so I wouldn't mind seeing him get pummeled. Moving down in weight might help him quite a bit as well, so I suppose anything can happen. Hopefully they broadcast this one.

Josh Koscheck vs. Diego Sanchez
I really dislike Diego, but I've got to give him credit for his abilities. Should be a good match considering they're both pretty strong grapplers, and koscheck has been working a lot on his standup. I'm hoping sanchez gets his face caved in and koscheck shows he can stand with a tough dude.

What other fights are you guys/gals looking forward to in the near future that maybe aren't getting the same hype/coverage as the title fights?

Ke?poFist
2/28/2007 8:41pm,
Luke, Drago and Matt all the way. We'll be rootin for them.

SpringHeeledJack
2/28/2007 8:50pm,
Yeah, I hope Luke knocks Josh out. That dude really rubs me the wrong way. As for Koscheck and Sanchez, I wish there was some way they could knock each other out simultaneously and it be a loss for both of them.

MacWombat
2/28/2007 9:14pm,
Getting to see GSP fight is like Christmas for me. Unfortunately I really like Matt Serra so I don't want to see him get completely owned. I want GSP to win but for Serra to do way better than Hughes :D

Ke?poFist
2/28/2007 9:20pm,
Getting to see GSP fight is like Christmas for me. Unfortunately I really like Matt Serra so I don't want to see him get completely owned. I want GSP to win but for Serra to do way better than Hughes :D

I'm kinda torn too, seeing as how much I loved seeing GSP own Hughes, and how GSP is a Renzo brown belt. But when it comes down to it, I'm behind Matty 110%. Hope he gets out there and brings the belt back home to LI NY!

yodaman
3/01/2007 2:01am,
As a native Long Islander, I think I'm legally obligated to root for Serra. Gotta back my hometown boy.

AAAhmed46
3/01/2007 3:57am,
Im for my sexy GSP

He's canadian and im canadian.

Gotta root for my fellow canadian.

Though im happy the two like eachother.

ssgsega
3/01/2007 4:27am,
Koscheck and Sanchez, that'll be a good one. They are both pretty good. I hope GSP destroys Serra, so he can give Hughes a rematch.

JMYoung
3/01/2007 7:32am,
I really wish Matt Serra would move down to lightweight. I know he earned this title shot, but I'm thinking GSP will be too much for him. I like Serra so I don't want to see his face pummeled in, and he'd be a better fit at lightweight being that he's short and not ripped.

I wonder what we'll see from hughes in a rematch with gsp.

I'm also looking forward to the next Bisping fight at ufc70. I want to see him get some tough fights under his belt and move towards a title shot.

Ke?poFist
3/01/2007 9:03am,
I'd find Serra vs Sherk to be an interesting fight. Sherk imposed his will on Florian on the ground with his wrestling skill, but that was because Florians Jiu-Jitsu game really wasn't suited for that type of opponent. I can tell you first hand that lay n' prey type wrestling games are not something that Matt is all too worried about though, in fact his tight lock-it-down style is perfect for countering that once he's up on top. I'd love to see that matchup.

Coach Josh
3/01/2007 11:19am,
I really want Luke to unleash the beast on Josh. Luke's statement of having nothing but violence in his head before a fight is the best thing I ever heard a fighter say. Needless to say I love the kid. He has heart.

GSP v Serra sigh. Serra better bring his A+++ game and hope GSP gets a hernia while warming up. I like Matt also and GSP but honestly I agree Matt should move back down in weight.

Sanchez v Koshcheck. One thing I would like to know is why is there all the hating on Diego? Aside from the fact he makes some of the most idiotic statments on the planet. I really hope this is a good fight and not a snore fest with them playing slap hands 90% of the time.

The last Pride was amazing so I really hope the UFC can have a good show.

theword
3/01/2007 12:30pm,
Serra better...hope GSP gets a hernia while warming up.

Well, seeing as how this is GSP it's actually likely to happen.

Fighting Cephalopod
3/01/2007 12:31pm,
Sherk imposed his will on Florian on the ground with his wrestling skill, but that was because Florians Jiu-Jitsu game really wasn't suited for that type of opponent. I can tell you first hand that lay n' prey type wrestling games

Passing and getting mount is laynpray now?

PizDoff
3/01/2007 1:34pm,
What's wrong with Haynes?!?
The blue haired guy who went to the finals is a decent guy.
I'm assuming this will be at 170. Haynes moving down from 205.....

Koschek - Sanchez.
I don't like either of them. The reason? They are very athletic, skilled and I'm jealous.

Im for my sexy GSP

He's canadian and im canadian.

Gotta root for my fellow canadian.

Though im happy the two like eachother.

Proper capitalization.

Ke?poFist
3/01/2007 2:42pm,
Passing and getting mount is laynpray now?

Perhaps I misused the term. In short I was implying that Sherk was stronger than Florian and has a great top game, staying tight and controlling.

Goju - Joe
3/01/2007 2:46pm,
That's called ground and pound.

Sherk= Ground and pound

Kos = Lay and pray