PDA

View Full Version : Hello New here

deaddy
2/22/2007 8:51am,
Hello I am new here, my base system is Vo Binh Dinh but have studied/trained with other styles. I have been doing MA now for about 16 yrs. Was a competition guy but now just workout to stay in shape.

I like to consider my self as a martial artist and not a stylist, meaning i am here to learn from all systems call them what you want if i like it i will study...

So just like to say hello. I don't post much but i read alot.

Thks
Dwayne

BJJbot
2/22/2007 8:52am,
In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, deaddy, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.

pauli
2/22/2007 10:16am,
welcome to bullshido! where are you located?

PirateJon
2/22/2007 2:36pm,
Howdy ho!

When you say competition do you mean full contact or do you mean point sparring or forms stuff? Why did you decide to quit?

Marrt
2/22/2007 3:33pm,
Hello I am new here, my base system is Vo Binh Dinh but have studied/trained with other styles. I have been doing MA now for about 16 yrs. Was a competition guy but now just workout to stay in shape.

I like to consider my self as a martial artist and not a stylist, meaning i am here to learn from all systems call them what you want if i like it i will study...

So just like to say hello. I don't post much but i read alot.

Thks
Dwayne

How long have you been doing Vo Binh Dinh for? And what made you decide to pick it up as a style/art/whatever ?

deaddy
2/23/2007 7:49am,
Howdy ho!

When you say competition do you mean full contact or do you mean point sparring or forms stuff? Why did you decide to quit?

point fighting/forms

It was in the military and i decided to quit because i PCS (moved) and it is a pain to get your commanders to release you to fight.

deaddy
2/23/2007 7:52am,
How long have you been doing Vo Binh Dinh for? And what made you decide to pick it up as a style/art/whatever ?

Started in 1987 it was closest to my house and i could ride my bike there. I really like Hapkido but no school here close to me so am looking for a master now.