PDA

View Full Version : muay thai questions..true or false?

Pages : [1] 2

Tehturbow
2/14/2007 5:16am,
My muay thai instructor always make wierd sound when he kick/punch.He said that the purpose is to push air out while attacking.I was wondering if everyone agree that it is important.My instructor is kinda good as he train in tiger pitt in thailand and was the champion of singapore king of the cage and had over 10 years of muay thai experiences.I wanted to hear about everyone view on making sound to " push air out " because everytime i view videos or watch fights,i don't see anyone doing that lol.

alex
2/14/2007 5:25am,
well yeah you dont do it in fights because opening your mouth isnt a good idea but if you watch footage from thailand and a lot of guys whove trained in thailand they make that loud BAP sound. AAAIIII is also popular for throwing people, one guy i train with is very vocal.

Buffman
2/14/2007 6:44am,
My growl seems to work for me...
But a\ lot of people laugh at the gym

Liffguard
2/14/2007 7:13am,
Can't beat a good ol' boxer's hiss.

Asriel
2/14/2007 7:27am,
I found that when I stepped up my training for an upcoming fight, I started to do this automatically anyway or made a Tennis Player kind of grunt.

SpringHeeledJack
2/14/2007 7:33am,
Everybody I know at least does the hiss.

john joe
2/14/2007 7:56am,
the idea is to expel air with your blow in anticipation of the counter-blow, so as not to get winded. (a western boxing coach told me this.)

sempaiman
2/14/2007 11:00am,
My muay thai instructor always make wierd sound when he kick/punch.He said that the purpose is to push air out while attacking.I was wondering if everyone agree that it is important.My instructor is kinda good as he train in tiger pitt in thailand and was the champion of singapore king of the cage and had over 10 years of muay thai experiences.I wanted to hear about everyone view on making sound to " push air out " because everytime i view videos or watch fights,i don't see anyone doing that lol.

Your instructor has all this experience and you have the audacity to question him. If a student of mine doubted what I said about something like that, I would definitely kick his ass the next time we sparred.

Hanniballistic
2/14/2007 11:11am,
Can't beat a good ol' boxer's hiss.Is that cockney rhyming slang? Oh, no that's a gypsies....never mind!

Locu5
2/14/2007 11:13am,
Fucking, eh? Did Canada ever produce a joke that made sense?

Asriel
2/14/2007 11:37am,
He was talking about the Cockney Rhyming slang for a piss.

Ryno
2/14/2007 11:45am,
I either grunt or hiss, but never alternate them in a regular rythm.

SpringHeeledJack
2/14/2007 11:48am,
Sometimes I blurt out profanities, but mostly just the hiss or grunt, but, unlike Ryno, in a rhythmic pattern

Teh El Macho
2/14/2007 11:59am,
Grunting, hissing or making noise is just a natural thing to do when doing something that's taxing the **** out of your body.

Hanniballistic
2/14/2007 12:10pm,
Fucking, eh? Did Canada ever produce a joke that made sense?Dunno - I'm English

Hanniballistic
2/14/2007 12:10pm,
He was talking about the Cockney Rhyming slang for a piss.And to be fair it wasn't even that funny!