PDA

View Full Version : geoff thompson

ClintEQ
8/09/2003 5:22pm,
Have any of you guys ever met/heard of Geoff Thompson? http://www.geoffthompson.com/ Idiot? Formidable? Silly?

Sam Browning
8/09/2003 5:27pm,
Yes, he is a bouncer out of Britan who discusses the psychological aspects of fighting and how to defend against or set up the first strike. I've seen his tapes and he looks like he knows what he's talking about, however given that I don't bounce and haven't fought in years I don't claim to be an expert here.

ClintEQ
8/09/2003 5:35pm,
Yeah,I picked up his autobiography, I was just wondering what you guys thought about him.

kusa
8/09/2003 6:01pm,
Awsome guy, down to earth knows his stuff, and has done it for real many many times................ very un american in his work, ie no bullshit and lots of humour (instead of humor which is a very different thing)

Kensai
8/10/2003 11:45am,
I've read some of his stuff. I have his Judo book and Animal Day. Both good reads, even if hes doesnt like Aikido... lol.

Seriously tho, its worth a look at reguardless of style.

Freddy
8/10/2003 1:22pm,
I have his books and videos tapes. Some very useful stuff. I have witness a few fights and those fights started off and ended off like how Geoff Thompson describes. Its useful but you still should train for other scenarios you may encounter in real life. Like ambushes etc.

"Do what thou wilt is the whole of the Law"
Anton LaVey made me say it!

LeungJan
8/10/2003 3:44pm,
I've PM'ed it to many people, but you MUST read Lenny McLeans autobiography The Guvnor. Oh, and watch some of his fights too. It's all you ever need to know!

Edited by - LeungJan on August 11 2003 11:27:12

Sam Browning
8/10/2003 5:48pm,
I found thompson's video tapes much better then his books. Demonstrating his methods made them more clear then just reading about them.

ClintEQ
8/12/2003 11:38pm,
Wow LeugnJan, its so weird, I was just in Lodon and I picked up both Watch My Back and The Guvnor right before you said tat. I am about halfway through the Guvnor, I like it a lot.

LeungJan
8/13/2003 2:45am,
Wow LeugnJan, its so weird, I was just in Lodon and I picked up both Watch My Back and The Guvnor right before you said tat. I am about halfway through the Guvnor, I like it a lot.

Yep. Anyone who fights a guy three times who ripped a prison cell door off it's hinges from the inside TWICE gets my respect!