PDA

View Full Version : Is san shou or sanda a stolen art

Shane_F
2/03/2007 9:52pm,
Ok I read around some forums here and other places and I heard san shou or sanda are rip offs of muaythai. Like chinese copied it and named it something different and made it a chinese art. or is it legittimate and made a long time ago with al the other kung fu stuff?

or is it like brazilian jiujitsu where they took the art and modified it?

GhostOfKimura
2/03/2007 9:53pm,
BULL RUSH ON Shane_F!!!

It is Fake
2/03/2007 10:01pm,
Ok I read around some forums here and other places and I heard san shou or sanda are rip offs of muaythai. Like chinese copied it and named it something different and made it a chinese art. or is it legittimate and made a long time ago with al the other kung fu stuff?

or is it like brazilian jiujitsu where they took the art and modified it?All kung fu wasn't made a long time ago.

Anyway, no it is more a name for chinese fighting competitions.

Sanda and Sanshou are basically the same thing.

In other words you study Tai Chi and compete in sanshou.

alex
2/04/2007 4:58pm,
all arts are a rip off of muay thai. this includes boxing wrestling BJJ and especially san shou

Shane_F
2/06/2007 4:43am,
all arts are a rip off of muay thai. this includes boxing wrestling BJJ and especially san shou

really?

Teh El Macho
2/06/2007 8:17am,
all arts are a rip off of muay thai. this includes boxing wrestling BJJ and especially san shouYou forgot aikido, kama sutra and origami. They are rip offs as well. Aikido pants come from MT shorts. It's just that pple got ashamed of showing their legs, then they put more fabric on the short, and voila, magic pants.

Cullion
2/06/2007 8:41am,
If you look close at some of the clinching positions in Lancashire catch wrestling and Glima, you can see the clear Thai influence. I believe the cross-polination happened thanks to the influence of arabian spice traders during the middle ages.