PDA

View Full Version : To Heck With It

Pages : [1] 2

Tong Po
8/06/2003 9:37pm,
I'm starting a new martial art. There are no katas. No excercises. No "chi-gung" or "holding the breath" or any of that fucking nonsense. There aren't even any punches or kicks in this art. And no grappling too... reminds me of the John Lennon song.

Anyway, this fighting style is 100% pure mental attitude approach to fighting. You just believe you can kick ass and it just comes true. All you guys talking about styles... "F" that. It's about doing everything to achieve nothing... total attitude. A fight is an abstract thing. Mother nature gave you the tools to fight. Use them. A fight comes naturally to you. You are an animal. Believe it.

A fight is all about attitutde. You are tough first... in your heart and your mind. Train your brain to fight... your body will follow.

Darting Fingers
8/06/2003 9:39pm,
"There aren't even any punches or kicks in this art. And no grappling too"
What do you do ? Punk your opponent out with harsh language ?

Pandinha
8/06/2003 9:41pm,
Lick his eyeballs.

==================
"When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado

Darting Fingers
8/06/2003 9:47pm,
Scratch his nuts for him ?

Pandinha
8/06/2003 9:49pm,
Toss his salad.

==================
"When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado

Spunky
8/06/2003 9:59pm,
I thought that is part of what makes the rest of the stuff work. The attitude, not licking eyeballs and tossing salad (I mean, if that helps more power to you...).

Tong Po
8/06/2003 10:22pm,
The Attitude! Fighting is all about attitude. It's 99% mental 1% physical. Fights are won before the first attack is thrown.

deus ex machina
8/06/2003 11:04pm,
Okay, retard.

~
danny

"That baby better watch his mouth. I rape kids like him as part of my warm-up for raping teenagers, grown men, and eventually charging rhinos." - Boyd

Fisting Kittens
8/06/2003 11:05pm,
fights are only won before the first attack is thrown if your opponent knows that your first attack will destroy them. That is the essence of "spirit projection." First you must know in your heart that you WILL cruch them no matter what, and then your manner makes your opponent believe it. That is a spirit victory. Its impossible to have the spirit to do this though without great skill, because it is only with great skill that you can be so absolutely confident as to trust completely in your ability to anihilate your enemy with the first strike.

Without this confidence and knowledge, your spirit will surely waver before a greater fighter. Try walking up to a man with 30 years of training and out spirit him. I promise you will crack first.

---------
I have discovered the true essence of Bullshido: To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentation of their women.
In short: to flame.

Fisting Kittens
8/06/2003 11:07pm,
Think about your mindset, manner, and gaze when you square off with someone you know is better than you. Contrast that with the same characteristics when you square off with an opponent you know is your inferior. There is always a difference. And someone skilled will pick up on that.

---------
I have discovered the true essence of Bullshido: To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentation of their women.
In short: to flame.

Sam Browning
8/06/2003 11:40pm,
okay Tong, I'll bite, what is the name of the art and who is the insructor?

Darting Fingers
8/06/2003 11:46pm,
Ooooooh look at me I'm in fantasy land where the mental projection of my physical self haunts my opponents into submission , fuk just hit the bloke for gods sake .

Middlemoor
8/06/2003 11:58pm,
A fight is an abstract thing. Mother nature gave you the tools to fight. Use them. A fight comes naturally to you. You are an animal. Believe it.

This is true, though it helps to practice. All these systems are just ways to think about doing this.

Fighty McGee
8/07/2003 12:45am,
I rely on people to fight like animals so I can fight like a man.

Wow, just caught myself sounding like Popeye. " I kin fights like a man! Haguguguguh! Skidamarinkeedoo!"

JKDChick
8/07/2003 12:58am,
I did a front page edit on the title -- though I hadn't read it when I did.

If I had, I think I might have changed it to something different ... "I'm Cuckoo For Coconuts!" or something to reflect the insanity here in.

"Actually, when practiced properly, such and such art causes oceans to rise and cities to fall and the great Pharoh's army to shudder beneath your might." -- Boyd

Goojeanleans
8/07/2003 1:09am,
He's obviously making fun of all of you jackasses. Since all techniques cannot stand up to you critical, cynical, shitheads, he's making the point that a real martial art, based on your qualifications, is something that has no technique, will never try to teach you *gasp* "unintuitive" movements, and is based purely on beastial aggression.