PDA

View Full Version : Dojo Search

NasalInfection
1/30/2007 4:28pm,
Please excuse this thread's apparent misplacement, and yes I used search and viewed the Dojo Reviews. The problem with the reviews is they are sorted by name not location and are not easily searchable.

I am curious about quality places to train in the White Plains, NY area. I am used to Tomiki Aikido but am fairly certain there is no dojo for that style in the area. I noted Aikido of Westchester was a possibility. I am also curious about reasonable BJJ/MMA schools that do not mind out of shape individuals new to MMA training. Thanks.

PizDoff
1/31/2007 3:07pm,
I think that is still a work in progress as we slowly flesh it out to include more schools.
I don't think any of those schools will mind newcomers out of shape.

Abusivemelon
1/31/2007 3:12pm,
Please excuse this thread's apparent misplacement, and yes I used search and viewed the Dojo Reviews. The problem with the reviews is they are sorted by name not location and are not easily searchable.

I am curious about quality places to train in the White Plains, NY area. I am used to Tomiki Aikido but am fairly certain there is no dojo for that style in the area. I noted Aikido of Westchester was a possibility. I am also curious about reasonable BJJ/MMA schools that do not mind out of shape individuals new to MMA training. Thanks.

I take it Aikido isnt a very strenuous work out?

OnceLost
1/31/2007 3:14pm,
Unless it's a new take on the name, Tomiki Aikido actually competes (gasp)...for what it's worth, of course.

RaiNnyX4
1/31/2007 9:04pm,
This place has Shodokan Aikido, BJJ, Kyokushin, and MMA. I've never had the chance to check it out, but it looks like a veritable martial arts goldmine.

http://www.stormingmountain.com/index.html