PDA

View Full Version : Anyone speak russian?

FictionPimp
1/26/2007 1:36pm,
I was watching this video today of some aiki something guy fighting a mauy thai guy, I was wondering if anyone can give me a rough overview of what they are talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cBg2tTCYL0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cBg2tTCYL0

Axelton
1/26/2007 1:36pm,
MaverickZ does.

MaverickZ
1/26/2007 1:58pm,
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50004

The summary: It's just a demo similar to the "TKD vs Shaolin" video.

FUNKtastic
1/26/2007 3:27pm,
"I am reminding you that in previous episodes we promised to set up a match betwen completely different schools of matrial arts. In this way we were hoping viewers will answer questions they pose to us by themselves; which style is more universal, more realistic, basically more effective. In the last espisode we detailed both the styles of aikibudo and muay thai and now two of the best representatives of each school will meet in sparring. lets watch.

end announcer

The fighter of the akibudo school anton yevdakimov (the black belt doing a split) who you are now seeing is using the last moments before the fight for warm ups. Anton yebdakimov, 2 dan akibudo. 2nd dan in fencing (i kid you not but i think they mean fencing as a general term and he does it with katanas) some part i cant make out and his trainers name; Yeraslav serdrutsov. in this bout he represents the moscow federation of akibudo. his motto is first think then do.

the representative from the muy thai school, ivan gregorev and with his trainer is working on hits and evasions. Ivan gregorev is champion of belarus in muay thai. champion of the world in kickboxing. his trainer is his older brother artem gregorev. in this fight he represents the cannon athletic club. His motto is get into the fight and then we will see (makes more sense in russian).

The principle of akibudo is softness and agility. the technique is mainly grappling oriented. the technique of muay thai is simple, hard and offensive. the only rules we set to the fighters was not to cause eachother trauma so ivan (kickboxer) will have to restrain himself LMAO.

Aikibudo guy interviewed; if akibudo was a weak school it would die out like many weak schools, all that is left is the strong.

Kickboxer interviewed; I am convinced aikibudo doesnt suit me I don't like it at all. I think I will try (cant make word out), I don't know if it will work.

The fight begins, anton tries to do a throw but ivan grabs him and throws him to the ground. then attempts to finish it with a kick but anton manages a (translates as pain move but i think they mean lock or hold in this case not pressure points) if he took him all the way the fight would end with this. the fighters are again doing stand up, Ivan delivers a headshot that could have KOd his oppnents but Anton puts out a well timed block. Ivan tries to go for a clinch but his oppnent gets off a throw that could have broken some joint (how i understand it in the elbow) and here the fight could have been over.

34th second of combat, ivan gets a leg hit to the hip, anton grabs his leg and comes in, ivan defends with elbows but he lost balance (sorry chunners) and the blows dont have enough strength to them. another clinch.

0:56, this is a classic combination of masters of muay thai; a series of elbows and then a hit to the supporting leg but anton is good at keeping distance. the thai boxer lands powerful knees, if he didnt check himself for stregth (he promised no trauma) anton would be in trouble but anton managed a grab and brings ivan to the ground. the fighters are getting tired but ivan is trying to get a knockout with his elbows to the head but anton is on top of it (best translation i could think of).

If this was a real match each of our fighters could have finished the match in their favor since a real fight lasts seconds, to win youd need only one of the hits or throws theyve done.

News Anchor again; and so you saw the fight, who won and whose school is better? judge for yourselves. maybe some found it lacking but we werent doing a demo or no holds barred match. we only wanted to show all the aspects of a fight as real as possible everything was real and true, i guaruntee. if you have suggests write and also tell us who you thought was best.

Overall I think they licked the aikibudo guys nuts a bit in the commentary but and the no trauma promise didnt make much sense. on the plus side only the kickboxer wore gloves which were tiny and I am fantastic for having translated all this.

FictionPimp
1/26/2007 4:05pm,
Thanks for the translation, that's all I wanted :-)

DCS
2/28/2008 11:16am,
С этим положением в сознании на-
несение и отражение удара следует
осуществлять посредством кокю, то
есть в соответствии с этой истиной.
Когда это достигнуто, мудрость, бла-
гожелательность и смелость естест-
венно струятся изнутри вас и делают
человека истинным носителем Яма-
тотамасии (Духа Ямато), вы способ-
ны заставить всё своё тело превра-
титься в меч и можете войти в состоя-
ние "отсутствия Я" (муга-но киоти).
Будо может построить прекрасное го-
сударство духа внутри вашего тела,
по мере того как вы идёте от одного
[уровня] сатори к другому.

Can someone translate this?

Thanks in advance.

DdlR
2/28/2008 11:34am,
"From this conscious attitude, the defense against and repulsion of an attack should be accomplished by means of kokyu, i.e., in accordance with this truth. When this is achieved, wisdom, kindness and courage naturally flow from within you and you will truly carry (something about "spirit of Yamato"), then you will be able to use your entire your body as if it was a sword and can enter in (don't get this bit). Budo can develop this profound internal spirit, in proportion to your own development from one (level) of satori to another."

zanaffar
2/28/2008 12:00pm,
"From this conscious attitude, the defense against and repulsion of an attack should be accomplished by means of kokyu, i.e., in accordance with this truth. When this is achieved, wisdom, kindness and courage naturally flow from within you and you will truly carry (something about "spirit of Yamato"), then you will be able to use your entire your body as if it was a sword and can enter in (don't get this bit). Budo can develop this profound internal spirit, in proportion to your own development from one (level) of satori to another."

then you will be able to use your entire body as if it was a sword and can enter into a state of "not being."

aaaargh
2/28/2008 6:16pm,
then you will be able to use your entire body as if it was a sword and can enter into a state of "not being."

As in, if you try to use your body as a sword, you get cut in half and die?

DCS
2/28/2008 6:35pm,
^Yes, that's the idea.