PDA

View Full Version : Stupid things you used to believe about martial arts

Ryu_Yagami
1/26/2007 10:29am,
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/5d67c399f4.gif (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

When I was a kid I thought Kung Fu had magical powers because they could jump up 2 stories. Backwards.Lee Recca, Last Blade. Awesome.

TehDeadlyDimMak
1/26/2007 11:28am,
So what you're saying is that you wanted to take dance classes as a kid ... not that there's anything wrong with that or anything.

Hey it looked like breakdancing and it was fun...

but my real dream was ballet...

HearWa
1/26/2007 12:24pm,
I know it's not mating season for you Canadians right now, but someday you'll understand.
Canadians don't mate, we root and pillage neighboring countries to spread our manly seed...

plasma
1/26/2007 12:28pm,
Canadians don't mate, we root and pillage neighboring countries to spread our manly seed...

Thats exactly opposite what Canadians do, and you only have 1 neigbor, and your the bitch in the relationship

MaverickZ
1/26/2007 12:32pm,
It doesn't.
You're just butt hurt because I found your incredibly novel and impressive defense of "lifting up the knee" to be somewhat.... underwhelming. Would you be less upset if we cuddled?

Are you sure they're Tae Kwon Do and not Muay Thai kicks?

Actually, why am I arguing this, I have two friends who do TKD and their kicks hurt.
I assure you, they were strictly wing chun kicks.

NunOnBreak
1/26/2007 12:33pm,
I stole a Canuck, married her, and brought her back to Arizona. I am raising a special breed of American / Canuck hybrid human I hope will have the best traits of both Nationalities.

plasma
1/26/2007 12:35pm,
I stole a Canuck, married her, and brought her back to Arizona. I am raising a special breed of American / Canuck hybrid human I hope will have the best traits of both Nationalities.

slow and voilent?

HearWa
1/26/2007 12:37pm,
slow and voilent?
The spelling of a third grade student in special ed. + superior beer chugging skills?

meggaman7
1/26/2007 12:54pm,
the other being crouching down low, sticking your arms out to either side, and spinning around until you hit your opponent.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/meggaman7/how_to_rofl.gif

Epicurus
1/26/2007 1:05pm,
Actually that rolling on the floor ROFL picture reminds me that in "Secrets of the Samurai" they show some diagrams of ninja techniques. One of them is to get past someone blocking you way, you run at them full tilt and at the last second throw yourself down on the ground and roll (side-on) under their legs, tripping them and moving past, and then keep running.

I tried this several times and thought I was a real douche when all that happened was that people either kicked me or fell onto me (and this was with compliant partners).

it looked a lot like meggaman7's little picture there.

NunOnBreak
1/26/2007 1:13pm,
slow and voilent?

No. Flammable and a good consumer.

MaverickZ
1/26/2007 1:16pm,
No. Flammable and a good consumer.
Canadians aren't flammable. Too much maple syrup in the blood.

Axelton
1/26/2007 2:24pm,
That Van Damme was actually a bad ass.

That the Kumite was real.

Asians are the best fighters( i still believe that i'm part filipino...it helps me lol)

PPlate
1/26/2007 9:33pm,
I still think Ninjas are awesome though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHTf1dHz9UI

Shinobi....like the most awesome ninja flick i've ever seen. Know any other movies like this?

colonelpong2
1/26/2007 9:47pm,
One of my all time favorites: When you get Black Belt you have to register your hands.

I've heard that one!!

Once had a guy ask if my hands were registered with the police as deadly weapons.

I explained that no, they werent (didnt point out that my fingerprints are registered with them tho)

Anyhoo, this guy then goes on to talk about how im NOT REALLY A BLACKBELT, because if I was, i'd be registered with the police

Schattenfaust
1/26/2007 9:51pm,
I'm not going to bore you guys with restatements of previously said ones, so I'll just list three:

Eins) I used to think size and strength didn't matter in a fight.

Zwei) Afterwards, ironically, I had a brief period of time where I thought size and strength were the ONLY things that mattered (needless to say I was a Bob Sapp fan at that time).

Drei) Finally, I used to think boxing was not hard work and that I would get instant results. Fortunately I'm out of that belief.