PDA

View Full Version : Was Bruce Lee biased to Kung Fu before JKD?

Dmasterman
1/12/2007 11:41am,
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iUW9Iuuoujg

Ok we all know Bruce Lee, for pretty much creating JKD (which supposidly a mix of martial arts or some think a MMA.) In which I believe he took things here and there from each martial art to make one.

Now the clip above was showing a screen test of him (which most of you may have seen) but it also seems to show that he was a bit biased to Chinese Gung/Kung Fu.

I guess even his eyes were opened! =/

AikidoBot
1/12/2007 11:43am,
So Dmasterman, you decided to go ahead and register huh? Cool. Don't forget to review your dojo (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83).

HughesBot
1/12/2007 11:43am,
Welcome to Bullshido, the best Martial Arts forum on the entire Internet, Dmasterman. Seriously, you won't regret your choice to join us. We're a great bunch of folks, except for Hannibal. And Sirc. And TaiGip. And MMA Kid. And... well, you get the point.

Axelton
1/12/2007 11:50am,
Your threads are pointless!

SEARCH FUNCTION NOOOOOOOB

Mr. Mantis
1/12/2007 11:59am,
He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. Could you understand any of that jibberish?

Axelton
1/12/2007 12:08pm,
i dont know Mr Mantis. This guy has made at least 6 threads in noobie town asking really strange ( sometimes very obvious questions).

Dmasterman
1/12/2007 12:11pm,
i dont know Mr Mantis. This guy has made at least 6 threads in noobie town asking really strange ( sometimes very obvious questions).

A simple "I don't know" works too. =)

Teh El Macho
1/12/2007 12:13pm,
Several threads created in noobie town in rapid succession. All of them asking questions so stupid they make a brainless jellyfish say "this is bullshit." Troll job or some kid that skipped school and has nothing to do.

Axelton
1/12/2007 12:16pm,
My thoughts exactly El Macho. Oh boy look he made another one about TO0NY JAA! yay!!!

Phrost
1/12/2007 12:37pm,
Guys, if you think someone's trolling/spamming/etc, REPORT THE POST.

Newbietown needs to be friendly up until the point where people are abusing the safety of this place.

DerAuslander
1/12/2007 12:41pm,
Will do. I requested in one of the threads that you move it out of Noobietown.

Hanniballistic
1/12/2007 1:19pm,
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iUW9Iuuoujg

Ok we all know Bruce Lee, for pretty much creating JKD (which supposidly a mix of martial arts or some think a MMA.) In which I believe he took things here and there from each martial art to make one.

Now the clip above was showing a screen test of him (which most of you may have seen) but it also seems to show that he was a bit biased to Chinese Gung/Kung Fu.

I guess even his eyes were opened! =/

I was biased towards filling my nappy with **** when I was 6 months old.

That does not mean it warrants character analysis now I am 33 - especially as I no longer do it.

Of course he would be demonstrating Kung Fu in that clip - that was what he did at that time.

What is your point?

Ke?poFist
1/12/2007 3:45pm,
To answer the initial post, Bruce claimed in his earlier days to teach Gung Fu (the typical, this is teh r34l Gung Fu mindset, despite doing nothing like it) and eventually later came to embrace the ideas that formed his JKD. And yes back then there was very much a heightened sense of nationalistic pride, so it is natural to say that Bruce would be biased towards things in China being better (and older!) than things coming out of Japan.