PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Slipster
1/02/2007 1:13am,
A little about myself. I have trained for almost 22 years now in a handful of styles. I started in '85 and hold a 1st dan rank in Tang Soo Do from V. Davis Karate in KY and a 1st dan in TKD from N. Lewis of Kyova Karate Academy in Ironton, OH.

I boxed and wrestled (nothing special, just good training) with some of the guys in my crew during the 8 yrs I spent in the Navy as a submariner (USS Key West SSN-722 and USS Louisiana SSBN-743 G). Hold the jokes, I've heard them all.

I've been working as a Merchant Marine Chief Engineer on offshore supply ships in the gulf for the past 5 years. In between this time and my TSD/TKD, I have had the chance to study Manabi Masho Jujutsu from GM Casarez in Chesapeake, OH, and Isshinryu Karate (which I didn't care for) and Han Mu Do in McComb, MS.

Now days I'm looking to move up north (Omaha, maybe) to do some cross-training and some more teaching. I have a curriculum (Freestyle) that I was teaching in McComb at the Fitness Center, but I quit in lieu of moving the family.

I am a fan of the site for the investigations into 'people' like Ashida and Coda. I get a good laugh at what these characters try to get away with. Sad...

Thanx for having me.

alex
1/02/2007 1:15am,
Thanx for having me.

well the birth was a bit rough and it was a surprise for sure, but thats ok. youve been a bundle of joy to me.

justabill
1/02/2007 2:25am,
Welcome to Bulshido. Wasn't the Key West out of Norfolk?
If so, when were you there? I was on the Baltimore (SSN704) in M-Div from 93-96.
Good to see fellow bubbleheads floating around.

Slipster
1/02/2007 1:03pm,
Welcome to Bulshido. Wasn't the Key West out of Norfolk?
If so, when were you there? I was on the Baltimore (SSN704) in M-Div from 93-96.
Good to see fellow bubbleheads floating around.
I got orders their in '94 (Norfolk) but in '96 we had a homeport change to Pearl, but I think they are in Bangor now. I was an A-Ganger.

You remember back around '95-96 when the Jville got ran over by that merchant out in the bay? I remember that ****, seeing the one fairwater plane broke/bent. Those guys were pretty depressed after that!

Take 'er deep!

justabill
1/02/2007 3:12pm,
I got orders their in '94 (Norfolk) but in '96 we had a homeport change to Pearl, but I think they are in Bangor now. I was an A-Ganger.

You remember back around '95-96 when the Jville got ran over by that merchant out in the bay? I remember that ****, seeing the one fairwater plane broke/bent. Those guys were pretty depressed after that!

Take 'er deep!

I remember that and the Baton Rouge or "Bump and Run" as we called it.
Not too many boats there any more I hear, Subron 8 went bye-bye all together.
So did you get to live in Carter and Schamberger hall? Those fine 5-star hotels :)

Slipster
1/02/2007 3:24pm,
I remember that and the Baton Rouge or "Bump and Run" as we called it.
Not too many boats there any more I hear, Subron 8 went bye-bye all together.
So did you get to live in Carter and Schamberger hall? Those fine 5-star hotels :)

I was married. I lived just outside Gate 5 on the air side for the first year. Then after I got back from the MED run, we moved to a little place on Tidewater.

RunningDog
1/02/2007 4:30pm,
Welcome to Bullshido. email the mods your credentials and you can get the coveted 'military' tag. It's better then a 'noobie' tag.

Slipster
1/02/2007 4:35pm,
Welcome to Bullshido. email the mods your credentials and you can get the coveted 'military' tag. It's better then a 'noobie' tag.
Thanx for the heads-up. Is there a specific moderator I should contact? I don't want to send my DD214 to the wrong person.

Thanx for the assistance.