PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Dogg
12/30/2006 10:52pm,
Whassup. I am unaffiliated with any martial art system right now but practiced Soo Bahk Do for three years; stopped five years ago. I'm a long time reader of this site. I live in the middle of nowhere, USA; there's no martial arts dojos , no gyms and it sucks. I'm hoping to move in a year or two.

I'm getting back into the martial arts after a conversion to Judaism because of the general anti-semitism in my area. Most people dont know I'm jewish cuz I dont go to a synagogue but I want to know how to fight in case someone bad finds out and "goes after me." I also miss my ol' favorite hobby .

I'm interested in bujinkan and realistic self-defense.

I am considered very eccentric by friends and family for several reasons (rap battling in public, inventing my own language, etc)

BackFistMonkey
12/30/2006 10:54pm,
Whassup. I am unaffiliated with any martial art system right now but practiced Soo Bahk Do for three years; stopped five years ago. I'm a long time reader of this site. I live in the middle of nowhere, USA; there's no martial arts dojos , no gyms and it sucks. I'm hoping to move in a year or two.

I'm getting back into the martial arts after a conversion to Judaism because of the general anti-semitism in my area. Most people dont know I'm jewish cuz I dont go to a synagogue but I want to know how to fight in case someone bad finds out and "goes after me." I also miss my ol' favorite hobby .

I'm interested in bujinkan and realistic self-defense.

I am considered very eccentric by friends and family for several reasons (rap battling in public, inventing my own language, etc)

Hey welcome to Bullshido .

Stick to the newbietown untill you master the search funtion and some interpersonal skills .

Dogg
12/30/2006 11:00pm,
Interpersonal skills?

Dogg
12/30/2006 11:02pm,
Have I caused offense?

BackFistMonkey
12/30/2006 11:06pm,
Have I caused offense?

No no no ... just an observation .

Relax . Deep breath .

I am trying to help out here . It was a simple observation based on on the info given in your original post .

Dogg
12/30/2006 11:14pm,
I'd love to search better but the keywords I associate with the topic never bring up what I'm looking for.

BackFistMonkey
12/30/2006 11:16pm,
I'd love to search better but the keywords I associate with the topic never bring up what I'm looking for.

Try searching bujinkan and/or RBSD ( reality based self defense ).

Dogg
12/30/2006 11:17pm,
Oh not on that- I mean in general. Like I'm looking for Body Mass Exercises but no one uses that term.

MacWombat
12/31/2006 2:38am,
Still look up bujinkan threads. Please. It'll be an eye opener if you are actually interested in realistic self defense. Just a word of caution, most people don't know what the **** they are talking about when speaking of Martial Arts, so don't listen to people just becuase they are normally a reliable source.

Axelton
12/31/2006 1:16pm,
stay away from the bujinkan. seriously.

pauli
12/31/2006 1:50pm,
Oh not on that- I mean in general. Like I'm looking for Body Mass Exercises but no one uses that term.
clicky. (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/search.php?searchid=1217327)

Lu Tze
12/31/2006 2:08pm,
I'm interested in bujinkan and realistic self-defense.Just so you know, the above two topics are mutually exclusive.

Welcome to bullshido.

FUNKtastic
12/31/2006 2:50pm,
Hey man I am also new to the site and having lurked on the site for a few months I've found the critisism offered by the members here very helpful, especially when I was switching styles. Though I haven't met many "bujinkan" practititioners and believe there might be some legitimate schools out there I thought I'd share an enocunter I had with a single practitioner since I don't know enough about the art to comment on it in depth, hope it helps;

Very nice guy, mediocre wrestler at best, finds out I'm taking martial arts;

Guy: Yeah, I take something too (wry smile)
Me: Really? What?
Guy: I'm a ninja.
Me: A ninja?
Guy: Yeah, we learn all these deadly kill moves; (demonstrates some punch with middle finger closed but held further than the rest) this would stop your heart from beating.
Me: ....
Guy: We also learn these things with our mind in our style.
Me: Like what?
Guy: I can do this stare and a person will get so scared they won't want to fight me, imagine I could walk around Harlem (we both live in New York) all day and Id be fine.
Me: I walk around Harlem now and I'm fine.
Guy: Yeah but with this stare people will be afriad to rob me, I'll scare em off.
Me: Can I see this stare?
Guy: (looks at me intently growling under his breath, I break out laughing) Well it didn't work on you because we're friends.

RunningDog
12/31/2006 3:55pm,
Guy: (looks at me intently growling under his breath, I break out laughing) Well it didn't work on you because we're friends.

You: Not any more, dumfuck, take your ninjer fuckfoolery elsewhere. Goodbye.

FUNKtastic
12/31/2006 6:30pm,
Damn...knew I forgot something =)

aaaargh
1/02/2007 10:31pm,
Notice it's "walk around Harlem all day" and not "all night."
'Course, no need to look intimidating when you can just turn invisible.