PDA

View Full Version : Keeping it simple and real

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tong Po
7/30/2003 2:58pm,
Keeping it simple and real

I don't know about you reading this, but if i were to get into a real fight, I would be fucking scared shitless. I never see technical stuff being pulled off. For the most part I see big floppy moves. Haymakers, giant swings, big knees, big, wide, stiff punches and kicks. In other words, not too many precision strikes. No flowing chain moves...

I laugh when I hear people talk about striking with precision... especially with bare knuckles. You know how hard it is to hit somebody on the neck with a throat chop? You know how hard it is to try to smack somebody on the side of the head were the jaw meets the ear? You know how hard it is to punch the floating rib on somebody who is covering up and moving around?

I am always hearing about precision striking and it frustrates me because the only person who could do that **** is Muhammad Ali. Nothing against no one, but I think when I hear some martial artists talking about technical punching and all that bullshit, I get frustrated because in a real fight you are fucked up, man!

There is so much adrenaline in your blood you are ready to ****! Who can move and flow in a state like that?! What I say is to do **** that requires the least about of motor skill to work. Who agrees with me?!

PizDoff
7/30/2003 3:04pm,
so? they'll learn the hard way

:)

--
Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

Blad3
7/30/2003 3:04pm,
I don't know about you reading this, but if i were to get into a real fight, I would be fucking scared shitless. I never see technical stuff being pulled off. For the most part I see big floppy moves. Haymakers, giant swings, big knees, big, wide, stiff punches and kicks. In other words, not too many precision strikes. No flowing chain moves... Definitely, a man who knows his stuff.

I agree with you 100%, which is why I'd just run/grab straight for somebodies legs or around their body then get on top of them (after the takedown) and punch like hell....TBH if I went for an armbar I'd be pissed scared of them getting out of it (but I know I can do it so I wouldn't be too scared of that I suppose) and getting back up BUT if I hooked that fucker up I'm not letting go, no way lol. BUT tbh I'd just run away all together if I could. I may even just go for knees from clinch or big cross haymakers (but I wouldn't want to strike.)

But I mean who's going to stand and strike if you can just run? It's likely that onw of you is gonna have to get hurt, or you're both going to show each other how **** at fighting you are :)

The only way somebody is going to keep me in a fight is grabbing me physcially or emotionally and the latter almost definitely isn't going to happen.

Tong Po do you just street fight or do you do an art/sport?

"If you don't know how to Grapple/Wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" - David Tank Abbott. (http://www.bisons.net/bisons/training/necessity_of_competition.html)

Edited by - Blade Windu on July 30 2003 15:06:11

Edited by - Blade Windu on July 30 2003 15:11:10

Edited by - Blade Windu on July 30 2003 15:14:02

Tong Po
7/30/2003 3:15pm,
Blade, I'm sure you've seen the UFC fight with Frank Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz.

Shamrock won that fight when he landed hammer blows on the back of Tito's head. You know how Shamrock pulled that one? He was trying to get back on his feet , saw that Tito had his head down... and boom!!

That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

Southpaw
7/30/2003 3:21pm,
You guys are supposed to train to fight...you all sound like fucking pussies.

"I'd be scared shitless"..."I'd run away"..."I'd grab both legs"..."It's hard to hit someone"...

"There is so much adrenaline in your blood you are ready to ****! Who can move and flow in a state like that?!"---That's why you train knucklehead...so you don't **** your pants...

Holy ****...if I ever run into one of you three I'm gonna stomp the **** out of you just to teach you a lesson.

And Blade...for ****'s sake...if I read in one more post that you just run from fights...I'm gonna fucking puke. You hand out advice around here like your Mr. Expert yet you admit you've never been in a real fight...but you've run from many...BTW...that double-leg takedown **** that you keep talking about you'll do if you get into a fight WILL GET YOUR ASS HANDED TO YOU. Trust me. Think of another plan.

Tong Po...if you ever do get into a fight...I pray you don't **** your pants...It's one thing to get your ass kicked...it's another to walk away with shitty drawers.

But...You are absolutely right...simplicity wins fights. But...you make hitting someone sound a lot more difficult than it is.

thomasaaron
7/30/2003 3:31pm,
I've been in two physical altercations (read: punches thrown and outside of the gym) in the last ten years.

Both of them I won. My adrenaline surged a little and I was a little less agile than I had hoped for, but I was not paralyzed with fear.

All in all, I felt fairly good about the results. I'd like to do better, but hey....

I would have to say that Amp is right. You guys need to grow some balls.

"STOP THE VIOLENCE!!!!" Ghandi (or somebody)

Tong Po
7/30/2003 3:43pm,
hey man, don't get me wrong, I might be afraid, but I will fight if I have to. It's just not my habit to put people in hospitals for no reason. Now if somebody breaks into my house, I will be happy to kill them. And if they hurt my wife I will also kill them. Fear will then absence itself because I will feel morally justified and obligated to seek justice. I have a high tolerance for stupid people but I have limits, too.

Kempocos
7/30/2003 3:48pm,
If you train soft and play spar, then you will have trouble. If you train hard and are willing to get banged up in sparring then you will find that landing punches is not that hard. Yes it takes hours a week of sparring for a few years. If you responed to the type of fight your victim ( as I like to call them) offers up and have done your work training whats the problem it just takes BALLS!

In the fog of doubt and bad technique, pain clears the view to proper technique.

Blad3
7/30/2003 3:49pm,
Tito lost that fight because he was gased.

You guys are supposed to train to fight...you all sound like fucking pussies.

"I'd be scared shitless"..."I'd run away"..."I'd grab both legs"..."It's hard to hit someone"... If you don't get scared in a fight there's something wrong with you. Saying what you;ve said is simply ironic - how do I know you don't get scared just because you say so?

And Blade...for ****'s sake...if I read in one more post that you just run from fights...I'm gonna fucking puke. You hand out advice around here like your Mr. Expert yet you admit you've never been in a real fight...but you've run from many...BTW...that double-leg takedown **** that you keep talking about you'll do if you get into a fight WILL GET YOUR ASS HANDED TO YOU. Trust me. Think of another plan.

Tong Po...if you ever do get into a fight...I pray you don't **** your pants...It's one thing to get your ass kicked...it's another to walk away with shitty drawers. yet you don't say why, because you don't know about grappling. I can tell you know nothing of sports fighting or good fighting. What I can definitely tell you is that if you lov egetting into street figts you're at an increased risk of getting VERY hurt. I'm not tlking about your magical, phantasical world of hand-to-hand combat only, I'm talking knifes, gangs and guns. That's teh realisty of ***THE STREETS***.

I have been in situations and I run RUN RUN RUN RUN RUUUUUUUUUUUN. Puked yourself yet? Plus what do you mean I haven't been in a fight? Implying nonsese will get you no where in an arugment. I have got into fights, but you orginally said "no school fights" well I just left school so I haven't had much of a chance, NOT that I'd want to get into a street fight anyway! Because I RUN.

"If you don't know how to Grapple/Wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" - David Tank Abbott. (http://www.bisons.net/bisons/training/necessity_of_competition.html)

Edited by - Blade Windu on July 30 2003 15:51:23

Tong Po
7/30/2003 3:50pm,
Present company excluded, of course.

Blad3
7/30/2003 3:56pm,
If you train soft and play spar, then you will have trouble. If you train hard and are willing to get banged up in sparring then you will find that landing punches is not that hard. I agree that it's good to spar, but not that it'll make pucnhing a walkthrough, it will just make you much better at it.

sanchin
7/30/2003 3:58pm,
If you don't get scared when you're about to fight then something is wrong - it's how you deal with the fear that counts.

Southpaw
7/30/2003 4:09pm,
If you don't get scared in a fight there's something wrong with you.

No there's not. You don't train hard enough. I don't get scared in a fight...if you don't believe me that's too bad. I'm not scared of getting my ass kicked. I've had it kicked. I'm sure it will be kicked again someday. I may get nervous in some fights. But being nervous and having fear are two totally different things.

yet you don't say why, because you don't know about grappling. I can tell you know nothing of sports fighting or good fighting

You are right about one thing Blade, I don't know "nothing" of sports fighting. I've never fought competitively in a ring. What I do have is an ass-load of real fighting experience...and I'll tell one thing for sure...a double leg takedown in a real fight is not a good idea. You do not want to end up on a barroom floor trying to position yourself for an armbar. I don't know how **** happens over where you live, but I gaurantee that over in the States, if you go to the ground in a fight, you better hope to God that guy doesn't have any friends around because if he does...you're getting stomped.

I have been in situations and I run RUN RUN RUN RUN RUUUUUUUUUUUN. Puked yourself yet? Plus what do you mean I haven't been in a fight? Implying nonsese will get you no where in an arugment. I have got into fights, but you orginally said "no school fights" well I just left school so I haven't had much of a chance, NOT that I'd want to get into a street fight anyway! Because I RUN.

Blade...everybody gets into school fights. There a very safe way to fight...before it can get out of hand, Mrs. Crabapple comes over and breaks it up. They are not realistic. Test your fighting theories outside of school, then come talk to me.

I find it hilarious that you're lecturing me about "good fighting".

Southpaw
7/30/2003 4:10pm,
Blade...why do you even train in martial arts...you like running so much, why don't you join a track team or something?

Kempocos
7/30/2003 4:27pm,
I agree that it's good to spar, but not that it'll make pucnhing a walkthrough, it will just make you much better at it.

I never said a walk through, however threads lately have made it sound like it is impossible to land a punch without luck. The fact is any fight is going to be hard that is why training has to be hard. unless of course the person runs away.

In the fog of doubt and bad technique, pain clears the view to proper technique.

Southpaw
7/30/2003 4:45pm,
**** off. If someone attacks you RUN.

**** that dude. Where I'm from if you run from a fight, there's gonna be 3 others fuckers who want to fight you. That's all they need to hear about the ***** who ran away...everyone and their mother will be starting **** with you.

Also, double legs are awesome in fights. Its far superior to another favorite known as the "tackle". Tackling works fine, so why not a double leg? As for friends, Im hauling ass should I see more than 1. if I want to be a dumbass and fight for some reason, Ill come back with my friends.

Heh...don't listen to me...try that **** if you want...but you better be fucking careful.

And...you'd run if there is more than 1? That's some punk ****. I've fought multiple people on more than one occasion...it can be done. Now, I've also made the bad decision of trying to fight 8 people at once...two with some type of sticks...that was a bad decision...I should have ran...but...I did get away relatively unhurt...and came back with my boys. I spent the next two nights locked up.