PDA

View Full Version : seeking advice from the bullshido peeps

Soju_King
12/12/2006 5:40am,
hey there. kinda suprised i even got energy to type.

recently got hooked up with the official level 1 army combatives certification course.

got me wanting to convert to BJJ or judo lol. but unfortunately theres no schools in my area. but the good thing is , several of the instructors are also BJJ practitioners

one even trained under Royce Gracie a few years back. hes awesome.....reminds me of a calm , cool , collected grappling Billy Zane.

after i get done with this course im gone go ahead and scrap the daily tkd class for combatives.

cause there really aint no point to spend so much time on tkd. im already a profficient striker. its my ground game i need to get on the ball with, which the tkd class lacks.

you would think that being in the "motherland" of tkd training with ROK soldiers, your gonna be getting something more d34dly! but naw......just more striking.....an striking.....an striking.......wheres the ground control...need more ground control.

got a few questions......one is Diet and after training......i got some pointers from the instructors

but I wanted to hear inputs from u guys also so i could learn other new things and apply them to make myself better.

like......what do u do to help with fatigue after training? an what kinda foods do u eat?

when i roll with my opponent.....i have a habit of closing my eyes, staying as calm as i can an just feeling the opponent to apply and counter moves on......is this a good habit? lol.

laters.

BackFistMonkey
12/12/2006 5:50am,
like......what do u do to help with fatigue after training? an what kinda foods do u eat?
Whatever I can scrounge up . I try to stay away from highly proccessed foods , anything with MSG , and avoid fast food like it has the plague .

when i roll with my opponent.....i have a habit of closing my eyes, staying as calm as i can an just feeling the opponent to apply and counter moves on......is this a good habit? lol.

laters.

I don't know , it is what I did becouse I couldn't see **** with my hair in my eyes . I can tell you closing your eyes in stand up is bad . Grappling ... I can't tell a difference so I usualy keep them relaxed ( almost like half closed ) and try to fill in the blanks with visualization .

But I suck * shrugs * I might need to meditate more and burn some more of that incense .

JT-T
12/12/2006 10:07am,
Closing your eyes while doing mat work, yes it has some benifits one is your working your tactile and learning to "feel" your opponet on the matt. This will also help your timing and yes relax when your doing mat work its no secret that 3 minute on the mat can feel like an hour. Also if your relaxed you won't telegraph (as much) to your opponet. The drawback to closing your eyes (happened to me) is you don't see the other people on the mat fixing to bang into you. Make sense?

pauli
12/12/2006 10:50am,
rolling with your eyes cosed is a good habit, especially when you're stuck underneath a sweaty bastard.

i find it also makes my training partners worry that i'm up to something. then they laugh at me for asking "did we just fall off the mats?"

M1K3
12/12/2006 12:18pm,
Eyes open can be good also. Had someone take my back, i was defending the RNC pretty well when I saw he had his feet crossed in front of me. I slipped my one foot on top of his and he tapped from the ankle lock. LOL.

I usually don't close my eyes until I'm ready to go into panic/spas mode.

Welcome to Bullshido.

FictionPimp
12/12/2006 3:47pm,
I'm very blind. I usually close my eyes when I'm rolling.

Soju_King
12/12/2006 5:00pm,
thanx for the inputs. that was funny @ Pauli & M1k3.

makes sense @ Jt-t

I guess i did a good job of Ignoring the tempting calls of that popeyes chicken @ backfist monkey, had a salad instead

today they're gonna PT the hell out of us to make us fatigued, then make us roll for bout 4 hrs. so that we can develop the concept of depending more on technique rather than brawn.

today's gonna be a rough one lol.

Soju_King
12/12/2006 5:06pm,
I'm very blind. I usually close my eyes when I'm rolling.

is this you?

http://www.critcononline.com/images/blind%20fury%20poster.jpg