PDA

View Full Version : SAS 5 second knockout...

Pages : [1] 2 3

roninroshi
12/10/2006 1:23am,
An unarmed self-defense technique advised by the SAS (Special Air Service). Although brutal, it is highly effective, and will take down almost any assailant. Personally, I'd rather be armed than unarmed if I'm caught in a situation like this. Screw gun control. In any case, here it is.
Since most people are right-handed, their first attack is likely to a right-handed punch. Block it with your left arm. If the attacker is left-handed, reverse the left-rights in this sequence of moves.

Continuing the blocking motion of your left arm, continue with a two-finger jab to the eyes. Although this is a very brutal move, it is extremely important to throw the attacker off balance and hence allow you to follow up with the rest of the sequence, and this does an excellent job. Anyways, better him than you.

The last move should have left the attacker wide open. Follow up with a right-handed palm strike to the chin. This should put the attacker on the ground and convince him to leave.

If the person is still unconvinced, step forward with your left leg, swing your body around, lean in and strike with your left elbow on the chin or face. Use your hips to maximize the force of the attack. This usually guarantees a knockout.

If somehow the person is still acting hostile, step in, grab his shoulders, and knee him in the groin as hard as you can. At this point, you can simply walk away.

This technique has been tried and tested. However, hesitation at any step would ruin the sequence and open you to attack. Admittedly, some of these moves are very violent, but it is self-defense, after all. Practice it and make it one fluid motion. It will discourage any attacker.

Iscariot
12/10/2006 1:30am,
Time to go back to Newbietown....

DarkXacreD
12/10/2006 1:31am,
Wow, that makes perfect sense! When someone attacks you, gouge their eyes out, elbow them in the face, and knee them in the balls!

roninroshi
12/10/2006 1:35am,
Sure does ...Straight foward w/nothing exotic,glad you liked it...

Epicurus
12/10/2006 1:42am,
While the move you list COULD work, telling someone to do these things is largely pointless. The important things to beat an untrained person (who I assume this is to be used against; trained fighters seldom lead with their power hand) are the ability to dodge their first shot and retaliate with enough accuracy and power to stun them for the finish.

This eye-poking stuff, while perhaps a valid combination if you feel like eye-gouging someone, oversimplifies fighting and makes you look like a troll.

Cassius
12/10/2006 1:56am,
I really think anyone that registers with the word "ronin" in their name should be banned.

DarkXacreD
12/10/2006 2:05am,
Sure does ...Straight foward w/nothing exotic,glad you liked it...

It's also a good way to get arrested and charged for excessive force.

elbowtko
12/10/2006 2:31am,
its not "still" excessive if the guy still wants to rape your sister.

MacWombat
12/10/2006 2:39am,
If the guy wants to rape my sister what makes you think there will be a body left to find?

Odacon
12/10/2006 7:58am,
I really think anyone that registers with the word "ronin" in their name should be banned.

Oooooooohh..... Snap!

Schattenfaust
12/10/2006 8:17am,
Sounds like it'd be effective, but unless the person's trying to kill you or something I'm pretty sure it'd qualify as excessive force.

PointyShinyBurn
12/10/2006 8:37am,
What training methods do you suggest to make this little sequence effective?

Cullion
12/10/2006 8:53am,
Obsessive purchasing and watching of RBSD tapes where all the participants are dressed in paramilitary clothing.

Nid
12/10/2006 9:47am,

Thank you.

To that I would add:

Ryu
Goju
TKD
Haar
Shorin
Aiki-
-oka
Tae
Kwan
Do
Kein
Chick

Rigel
12/10/2006 10:26am,
-"it's brutal, but effective." BRUTAL is EFFECTIVE.

-If you can think of anything that seems excessive, you don't need to be fighting. And in NY I know you get away with what they call continuations, when defending youself. but don't sweat court if you're really trying to live.

-5 seconds is a really long time to throw 3 or 4 techniques.

-Planning "do this, then this, then this." is insane. learn moves like this, learn to spot opportunities to use them and exploit those chances. But don't be locked in to fixed sequences like this. This is a pattern of moves likely to flow out of a guy who trains like that, but don't believe in little set pieces like this. I slip deep and that palm heel is more likely to be an elbow, for examplle.

-All this "stop and consider, then do this if you're not done yet" is a great way to get counter punched.

-The eye poke is really a little flick, not some Three Stooges ****. You slip the punch, like a boxer and as your arm slides on his, point your fingers at his eye. I do it every time I use what Krav calls inside defense. It's nothing to chase after or work to pull off, just a nice freebie you can pick up while you're there. Also I use it if my bodies not lined up to throw a real punch. Flick, Quick shuffle back to a nice basic stance while they flinch, throw some real heavy **** from a good base. It buys you a moment to reset.

-I practice this stuff in Krav Maga. I know good schools are hard to find, and I risk ridicule, throwing in on a newie troll thread. There are so many bad RBSD McDojos out there, but there are some good schools. If you like the sound of this series of moves find one and train there, or STFU.

nezha
12/10/2006 11:54am,
What wrong with slipping the first punch and clocking the guy on the jaw?