PDA

View Full Version : Woman MMA vs. Man Non-MMA

Pages : [1] 2

Tong Po
7/30/2003 10:11am,
here's another questions for you to chew on.

A trained MMA female. Ring experience. Great shape. 15 years experience in martial arts. 5'7 + 135 lbs.

VERSUS

An untrained male. No fighting experience but decent shape. 5'9 + 200 lbs.

Who would win? And why?

cyrijl
7/30/2003 11:32am,
love would win

Blad3
7/30/2003 12:24pm,
lol

Seriously:

If Strength (a lot to do with weight) and cardio are the main factors in a fight, what do you think? The man.

LOl you could have at leats said a 150 pound man (would have been obvious enough) - but 200 vs 135? lol.

However the women grappler would at least stand alot, almost 100% more of a chance than say a TMAist or an untrained women by far.

15 years of martial arts experience? Meaning she's really old? Or that she had done **** martial arts before MA? Anyway you have your answer.

"If you don't know how to Grapple/Wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" - David Tank Abbott. (http://www.bisons.net/bisons/training/necessity_of_competition.html)

Edited by - Blade Windu on July 30 2003 12:32:37

thomasaaron
7/30/2003 12:29pm,
I think that the ho would have a better than normal chance to beat the guy. But one slip up and she'd be dead.

"STOP THE VIOLENCE!!!!" Ghandi (or somebody)

Beatdown Richie
7/30/2003 12:37pm,
What does decent shape mean? Lifts weights regularly? Or just, he is not merely a fat slob?

Oh by the way, my money is on the woman. I have been owned far too often by smaller people (including women) with better technique to discount the fact that she presumably knows what she's doing. And pulling off an armbar or a triangle against someone who has no clue isn't that hard.

Blade: that "really old" comment was not well thought out. Many people start judo as kids or teenagers. And even if she started in the early 20s, mid-30s is not old enough to make a significant difference as far as strength is concerned.

Hedgehogey
7/30/2003 12:44pm,
The woman could win, but only if she regularly spars against guys.

JKDChick
7/30/2003 1:43pm,
It would depend on how smart a fighter she was. If she stands there and trades punches with the guy, no -- she'll lose.

If she fights smart (read: dirty) her training will give her an edge.

And still all it would take it one punch from him, one mistake from her, and he'd be the winner.

"Actually, when practiced properly, such and such art causes oceans to rise and cities to fall and the great Pharoh's army to shudder beneath your might." -- Boyd

Omega Supreme
7/30/2003 1:50pm,
Jack ass the movie.

Official WTDude Badass Evil Genius

Blad3
7/30/2003 1:52pm,
I think women generally can take more than a punch, especially somebody who's used to gettting hit in practice, even when taking a punch from a bigger man. Wouldn't you agree JKDC?

"If she fights smart (read: dirty)" What if he does too?

"If you don't know how to Grapple/Wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" - David Tank Abbott. (http://www.bisons.net/bisons/training/necessity_of_competition.html)

Beatdown Richie
7/30/2003 1:53pm,
hedgehogey: from the assumptions, she trains MMA. I doubt there is any MMA school with a sufficiently large female population that she could AVOID sparring with men.

JKDC: I'm not sure if fighting dirty is necessary, but I think fighting aggressively is. If she has him on the defensive from the beginning, KO punches on his part shouldn't be an issue. And remember, he does not have fighting experience - what are the odds of him landing a hard, precise punch?

Fisting Kittens
7/30/2003 2:05pm,
My money is on the man. I've been doing MA for 14 years and only known one girl who could hold her own against guys. I've known MANY women with superior technique and skill, but when the contact gets to real levels, they can never hang for more than a few shots. Granted this is against other trained fighters here, but most of those trained guys weren't decent shape 200 pounders.

BTW how the **** can a 5'9" guy be 200 pounds without being fat or in GREAT shape?

I'm in damn good shape at 6'1" and I only weigh 193 (oh yeah baby I'm up another 2 pounds).

anyway, my money is on the guy unless he is just a total putz.

---------
I have discovered the true essence of Bullshido: To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentation of their women.
In short: to flame.

JKDChick
7/30/2003 2:11pm,
Blade, if they're both fighting smart, I think she'd lose. I have illusions about training overcoming that unfortunate natural advantage you guys get from TESTOSTERONE, like that's fair you just GET the stuff because you're born with balls and I have to work my ass off to build muscle and I've got fucking CHICK HIPS that make it hard to stretch sometimes and you guys ponce around the gym doing those TWO FINGER pull ups and I can't even CHIN myself properly .... (pant, pant)

Uh, sorry. Right, back to the topic:

With that size difference, I think only a couple of decent hits could take her down. One really solid head shot (anyone can get nailed in the head -- by accident) might end the fight.

My apprehension about getting hit stems from sparring with my instructor and knowing with every fibre of my being that he has thrown single shots, hell single LEG KICKS, that would have ended any fight between us then and there.

Okay, he's obviously VERY highly trained. Not exactly the proposed situation.

What I mean about fighting dirty is this: if I HAD to fight someone who outweighed me this badly, I would be eye jabbing, groin slapping, throating punching, liver punching, knee kicking and choking the mutha. But only if I COULDN'T RUN AWAY.

"Actually, when practiced properly, such and such art causes oceans to rise and cities to fall and the great Pharoh's army to shudder beneath your might." -- Boyd

Blad3
7/30/2003 2:46pm,
lol. Poor gal.

"My apprehension about getting hit stems from sparring with my instructor and knowing with every fibre of my being that he has thrown single shots, hell single LEG KICKS, that would have ended any fight between us then and there." ah well you've had the expeirence, you'd know.

Ever thought of a double-leg groin-bite? uh?

Beatdown Richie
7/30/2003 2:58pm,
Fisting, JKDC: I'd agree that a man who has had some training (enough to avoid beginners' mistakes) and has such a huge weight advantage has damn good chances of winning. But people who have never had any training or experience are likely to make pathetic mistakes - throw themselves off balance when punching, leave their cover wide open, stick arms out in groundfighting. Enough for a trained fighter to get a trip, an elbow to the nose, or an armbar, hopefully.

Beatdown Richie
7/30/2003 3:03pm,
Oh, by the way JKDC, choking doesn't qualify as dirty fighting in my book ;-) and it's a good method of finishing the guy off.

thomasaaron
7/30/2003 3:09pm,
JKDChick: If I may... If you have chick hips, I think I would probably like them. And if you look anything like that picture... Do you have a boyfriend?

"STOP THE VIOLENCE!!!!" Ghandi (or somebody)