PDA

View Full Version : Introducing: ME!

lk2230
12/08/2006 7:29pm,
This is my very first post. I figured that I would post my background so that anyone who wishes to see my experience when viewing my posts/arguing with me can do so. I am a hobbiest...I have no illusions about being the greatest fighter, and have no plans on competing other than if there happens to be something coming up and an instructor asks me if I'd like to enter. This is my ENTIRE BACKGROUND (I'm 25).

In high school, for a year or so I became obsessed with buying instructional videos/books from those "fighter of the month"/"military self-defense"/Paladdin Press ads. I absorbed the information well, but never practiced anything.

I wrestled during my senior year of high school. I did it because I wanted to be on a team before I graduated. I partied way too much and sucked ass...I got my act together soon afterward, and that, combined with discovery of the UFC, compelled me to do something better.

For 6 months immediately before college, I trained in Shootfighting (kickboxing/submission wrestling...very similar to Pancrase, though we did train closed punches to the face and pretty much everything else).

I did nothing my lazy-ass freshman year.

Then, I trained Shootfighting for another period of about 13 months.

During my junior year of college, I trained in San Shou kickboxing for about 4 months.

After graduating college, I trained in kickboxing for two years. (I say just general "kickboxing" because our gym had guys competing in different styles, depending on the competitions. We trained the full range of punches, kicks, elbows, knees, clinches, etc., unlike say, "American-style Kickboxing". I guess you could call it Muy Thai, except it wasn't done in the Muy Thai "tradition" and we tended to punch a bit more like Western-style boxers.)

Then nothing for the first 1 1/2 years of my graduate program.

I am now getting back into training, and am at a San Shou style gym.

I don't think any more biography is necessary, but since I'm sure everyone on this site is DYING to know: the martial art I respect the LEAST is....(drum roll)....

AIKIDO.

pauli
12/08/2006 7:31pm,
welcome to bullshido! i didn't read a damn thing you wrote.

ViciousFlamingo
12/08/2006 8:24pm,
welcome to bullshido! i didn't read a damn thing you wrote.

Bwahahaha....that should be the classic Bullshido welcoming committee phrase. I'll probably sig it and toss it out whenever I break out the welcome banners.

Oh, and welcome to Bullshido.

Axelton
12/08/2006 9:03pm,
welcome. i didnt read your post either. too long and im lazy.

MacWombat
12/08/2006 10:05pm,
I actually read it. Seems like you'll fit in here. Welcome to Bullshido.

alex
12/09/2006 12:49am,
said it before, ill say it again, the only thing you need to put in your intro post is your name and sexual preference when it comes to beastiality. dont worry, the only people we frown upon are those damn moose fuckers.

Epicurus
12/09/2006 12:58am,
said it before, ill say it again, the only thing you need to put in your intro post is your name and sexual preference when it comes to beastiality. dont worry, the only people we frown upon are those damn moose fuckers.

Actually for your information, humans have been forming deep and fulfilling sexual bonds with moose since before your blasted continent rose out of the briny depths of the ocean, sheep fucker.

Also, welcome to the forums! I did read what you wrote (mostly) and it sounds like you'll fit right in. Except all that kickboxing and shootfighting garbage... but I did see the words "Paladin Press" and "AIKIDO", so you must be a pretty good fighter.

TKD Black Belt
12/09/2006 1:51am,
dont worry, the only people we frown upon are those damn moose fuckers.

Yeah but we forgive you for your sheep.....

TKD