PDA

View Full Version : One of those "Looking for School" threads. SoCal

Tenebrous
12/07/2006 10:40pm,
I'm moving to a pretty remote location very shortly. I've looked into schools and the options are pretty minimal. I've found a couple of places at a considerable distance. I'm mostly looking for BJJ, Judo or any of the more rarefied competitive grappling styles. I would also be heartened to find a boxing or kickboxing gym. To my knowledge there's nothing like that in the town itself, but I'm so very willing to be wrong - my searching isn't turning up much. Any suggestions appreciated. :icon_smil

So I'm moving to Blythe, CA. Riverside county on the border of Arizona. Zip: 92225.

(Just in case - BSD, if you see this, don't mention it. I'm going to tell everyone on Saturday)

Red Elvis
12/07/2006 10:59pm,
Blythe? **** komrade... good luck on search!

Tenebrous
12/07/2006 11:02pm,
Blythe? **** komrade... good luck on search!

Bastage! There's a bjj place in el centro. :p An MMA place in Havasu...

Who am I kidding, I'm so screwed.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
12/07/2006 11:42pm,
you can come do archery with me

Red Elvis
12/07/2006 11:49pm,
Bah! Arkhery is for people who kannot afford ak-47 komrade! Speking of this though. Where do you let loose you arrows of doom? I don't rekall islands in Blythe. (well, perhaps islands of hot white trash women in trailer homes with tattoos of nuns on their nipples.)

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
12/07/2006 11:56pm,
Well, it might be a bit of a drive if he wants to come shoot with me specifically.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
12/07/2006 11:57pm,
I think my bow costs more than an AK-47 too.

Tenebrous
12/08/2006 12:19am,
I know your style says archery, but uh... Do you do anything else? :D

I have an old recurve I can barely hit a garage with. Though I did manage to hit a pool just fine. Arrow diving, the sport of kings!

Red Elvis
12/08/2006 12:22am,
Arrow diving, the sport of kings!

Ummm... gonna forget I read that Komrade!

Tenebrous
12/08/2006 12:26am,
Ummm... gonna forget I read that Komrade!

??

It's this sport I invented where you dive into your neighbors pool to retrieve your arrow before they find it and get pissed at what it did to the pool.

Red Elvis
12/08/2006 12:30am,
??

It's this sport I invented where you dive into your neighbors pool to retrieve your arrow before they find it and get pissed at what it did to the pool.

LMAO, Like I said...

:icon_razz

Tenebrous
12/08/2006 12:44am,
I stopped once to get some gas in the tank in Blythe. All I remember about that stop was the # of CHP and the overall heat. Once I hit Arizona, it was 100 mph on pure slab for 2 hours straight. You ever do 100 mph for a couple hours and then have to slow it down to 75 or worse yet, 65! Thought I'd get out and push the car.

Good luck on your search there. You may be in for some video training.

I like books and videos, but damn... That's not training. I've found some things that are a big drive. I'm going to make some calls tomorrow and see if I can get enough classes back to back at some of these places to make it worth the drive. And yeah, looks like 90-ish mile to the closest anything.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
12/08/2006 1:03am,
I know your style says archery, but uh... Do you do anything else? :D

I'm the biggest joke account on this forum.

Tenebrous
12/08/2006 1:21am,
Just a thought here, but maybe get a group together that wants to just work out. Keep it all like minded. Sometimes there is enough experience between 3-6 guys to make it SOMETHING worth doing. A stone soup mma class if you will. 90 miles isn't too bad of a drive. It isn't choice, but if you gotta do it, do it and get the good stuff.

True 'nough. Finding them will be hard though. I'm hoping the local JC will at least have wrestling that I can find a way to get in on.

I'm the biggest joke account on this forum.

That's what they say. Serves me right for thinking you might be making one serious post eh?

Red Elvis
12/08/2006 1:25am,
This exists and it's probably 90 miles away....

Come this Saturday!

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46631

You can punch, kick, knee, grapple AND fight with sticks, knives, staves, airsoft. Ohhhh, the joy!

Tenebrous
12/08/2006 1:41am,
This exists and it's probably 90 miles away....

Come this Saturday!

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46631

You can punch, kick, knee, grapple AND fight with sticks, knives, staves, airsoft. Ohhhh, the joy!

229 miles. And Saturday is when I'm saying goodbye to all my peoples. Thanks though, I'll have to keep an eye out for TDs in socal from now on.