PDA

View Full Version : originally

Pages : [1] 2 3

kung-fu kitty
12/07/2006 12:40am,
Can anyone tell me where martial arts originally started..I know every country has an art, but just wanting to know the history of the first arts...Please move this thread if it is in the wrong place.

alex
12/07/2006 1:35am,
surprisingly, not all martial arts are related. crazy i know- its almost like how different populations that have never met invented the wheel.

Epicurus
12/07/2006 2:09am,
Alex, quit talking out of your ass, the americans invented the wheel, and freedom, and everything else.

To the original poster:

I highly doubt that martial arts share a common origin. Perhaps I should ask who invented the first language, which is the root of all others?

The need for a martial art appears wherever there are people, especially back in the day. So I propose that people in many nations invented arts. If you want a list of the "first wave", well, I suspect many don't properly exist anymore or are forgotten. So why don't you just do what I do and amuse yourself by imagining that all arts came from the Pankration of ancient greece?

kung-fu kitty
12/07/2006 5:10am,
sry but I meant where did Martial Arts first start,,I know like Alex was saying the wheel was invented but it evolved from there, just wanting to know where it first began.
Thanks to all that replied

alex
12/07/2006 5:16am,
are you trolling or are you just thick?

the chances of two peoples on opposite sides of the world that never met evolving seperate martial arts systems is VERY VERY HIGH. you could probably go find some tribe in the middle of untouched nowhere with their own form of fighting.

kung-fu kitty
12/07/2006 5:23am,
BTW.. Alex are you close to Dundin.I have an Uncle that lives their.

alex
12/07/2006 5:25am,
na, you would have to pay me to live in dunedin. freeze your nips off down there

kung-fu kitty
12/07/2006 5:45am,
thanks again for responding..as for Epicurus . not to sure of who he is talking to

Axelton
12/07/2006 9:52am,
well some say africa is where they first started. along with the rest of life....but who knows really.

Hanniballistic
12/07/2006 10:24am,
sry but I meant where did Martial Arts first start,,I know like Alex was saying the wheel was invented but it evolved from there, just wanting to know where it first began.
Thanks to all that replied
No-one knows and that is the way it will remain. CMA'ers will say China, Silat guys Indonesia, Certain people Greece (Pankration) and Dave Humm will say Korea!What would it acheive if you found out anyway? Try and concentrate more on what you are doing now.

Iscariot
12/07/2006 10:31am,
Covergent Evolution:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covergent_evolution

M1K3
12/07/2006 10:32am,
Everyone knows that the martial arts began in Egypt with Hikuta.:new_Llol:

PirateJon
12/07/2006 10:35am,
Martial arts was invented the first time a caveman told another caveman to close his fist before hitting the cavemen from another tribe.

There really is no other answer since we've been fighting each other since before we had fire.

M1K3
12/07/2006 10:47am,
Martial arts was invented the first time a caveman told another caveman to close his fist before hitting the cavemen from another tribe.

There really is no other answer since we've been fighting each other since before we had fire.

Yeah, but was it an Art? Who was the 1st GrandMaster of Club Fu, and what was his linnage?

alex
12/07/2006 5:06pm,
you people are fucking retards

i hate the bands you like

TKD Black Belt
12/07/2006 5:11pm,
you people are fucking retards

Nah, unlike you we didn't need the court injunction and restraining order to stop ;)

TKD