PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

forceanchors
12/01/2006 10:09am,
Just signed up....hope to have some fun here.

Seth

PizDoff
12/01/2006 10:21am,
We can see that.

Tell us about Atienza Kali, I've never heard of it.
Why did you start in it?

forceanchors
12/01/2006 10:38am,
Atienza kali is a family system that was started by the late Edgar "Butch" Atienza. The system is now under the care of Manong Butch's 3 sons, Guros Allain, Carl and Darryl. AK is a blade system based on the realities of the Atienza's growing up in Jamaica Queens in the 1980's Emphasis is on Sword, Knife, Mass Attack and Special Weapons.

As a student of martial arts for 20+ years...I thought I had seen it all.....until I met the AK Guros. I was blow away by their expertise and amazing practicallity of their material. It was like an elightenment.

check out the site if you'd like...www.atienzakali.com

i'd be happy to answer any questions asked.

Seth

PirateJon
12/01/2006 11:37am,
Welcome.

Was is common to use swords in queens during the 80s? I never knew. Also, do you guys do sparring - dog brothers type stuff?

RunningDog
12/01/2006 11:39am,
Special weapons sounds good. Do you have nunchucks?
And welcome to Bullshido.

Got any scars? post pics

forceanchors
12/01/2006 11:48am,
Actually swords/machetes are very popular weapons on the streets...also in home defense situations when you dont have access to firearms.

yes we spar all the time.....AK students have won the Cold Steel Sword Fighting Championship 2 years running.

Yeah some good scars..no pics....as for Nunchaku....part of the special weapons program uses homemade equivalents...common stuff you can throw together in a hurry.

Seth

RunningDog
12/01/2006 11:57am,
Yeah some good scars..no pics....as for Nunchaku....part of the special weapons program uses homemade equivalents...common stuff you can throw together in a hurry.

Seth

Like you could quickly tie 2 rolling pins together with a napkin, if Bad Guy invaded your kitchen? Awesome

forceanchors
12/01/2006 12:22pm,
Actually there's no need to tie them together when bashing someone with one works just fine.....lol!

Phrost
12/01/2006 12:25pm,
Interesting. Feel free to write up an article like we have up on Bullshido.com on the style if you'd like. We're trying to build a comprehensive list.

RunningDog
12/01/2006 12:34pm,
Actually there's no need to tie them together when bashing someone with one works just fine.....lol!

I have a marble rolling pin. Pity the poor burglar who invades my kitchen.