PDA

View Full Version : Martial_n00b doesnt train matial arts...

Pages : [1] 2

Martial_N00b
11/28/2006 8:37pm,
coz i know i dont get good training witch matches my skills..

after some time training Doce Pares, i just called it quits, coz my teach just teaches nothing more but how to dance in armor...

rather depressing...

to all people here who have experienced the same thing.. ssup ?

MacWombat
11/28/2006 9:07pm,
Uhh welcome to Bullshido. Don't know what Doce Pares is, but I'm guessing you think it sucks. No reason not to take a good martial art though.

Omega Supreme
11/28/2006 9:21pm,
Doce Pares is a style of fillipino fighting like kali and escrima.

MacWombat
11/28/2006 9:25pm,
Thanks. I'm guessing his school didn't spar, but just wore the armor and did forms and drills.

Martial_N00b
11/28/2006 10:22pm,
nah, we did spar, but wearing the armor-thing while sparring isnt just realistic, to me..

alex
11/28/2006 10:55pm,

after some time training Doce Pares, i just called it quits, coz my teach just teaches nothing more but how to dance in armor...

rather depressing...

to all people here who have experienced the same thing.. ssup ?

you might want to type like a normal person, you get more positive responses that way.

some level of padding is gonna be required with stick fighting. unless you enjoy your time at the ER more than a regular person should.

Axelton
11/28/2006 10:58pm,
nah, we did spar, but wearing the armor-thing while sparring isnt just realistic, to me..

then fiond a dog brother to train you. he'll make you go bare chested and beat the **** out of you with a stick.

phuquedup
11/29/2006 1:34am,
what alex said.
Its hard for me to picture any kind of eskrima sparring full contact without pads on a regular basis, especially for those who are new. You'd just end up having to take time off from training to recover, even if nothing breaks.

I have no experience with doce pares.

I practice with eskrimadors on occasion, we spar controlled contact w/o padding, or full contact with padded sticks - but the latter don't really feel right. Even with controlled contact, I often have aches, bumps, bruises etc after the training. Never used so much as lacrosse gloves, but I think it could be fun to go all out. Though I hear its better to wait with full contact until you have a good foundation in technique, or it becomes a padded stick-slap brawl.

sorry it didnt work out for you.

Easy E
11/29/2006 6:15am,
Well maybe ther just isn't a martial art out there to match your mad skillz, but I have heard of an old man that live on top of the hight peak of the tallest mountain in Tibet who may be able to help you..his names like Qui Chin Kang or somthin...happy huntin.

Axelton
11/29/2006 12:37pm,
badsifu...you changed your name...im ashamed of you

hoodedmonk
11/29/2006 12:58pm,

rather depressing...

to all people here who have experienced the same thing.. ssup ?what kind of skills do you have?

hoodedmonk
11/29/2006 1:33pm,
It is the holiday tradition around here. The tradition is give phrost some money so he can buy booze and you can change your name for the month. Isn't life a gas!?

Edit: Whenever I read that "Skills" thing I can't stop thinking about Napoleon Dynamite and his bo staff skills. Damn I gotta watch that one again.maybe rex won do matches his skills!

TKD Black Belt
11/29/2006 1:56pm,
Wait wait, people can troll Newbie Town but we have to be nice to them?!?

I fail to see how this is fair.

TKD

Axelton
11/29/2006 4:11pm,
TKD whos that superhero in your avatar?

TKD Black Belt
11/29/2006 5:50pm,
TKD whos that superhero in your avatar?

That's none other than the world's most powerful and polite (or is it powerfully polite) super hero Captain Canuck (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Canuck)!

TKD

Torakaka
11/30/2006 1:36am,
you might want to type like a normal person, you get more positive responses that way.

some level of padding is gonna be required with stick fighting. unless you enjoy your time at the ER more than a regular person should.

I dunno, rattan seem to be pretty forgiving actually. They are specifically made to be training weapons. Kat did stick fighting with no gear with her friend Brian (and of course generally spars no gear with lightly padded wasters) and seems to have been just peachy. I did some Kali sparring in my short time in Kali and apart from the stick stinging the hands a bit it wasn't a big deal to go no gear.