PDA

View Full Version : BJJ= BATTLEFIELD JIU JITSU

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Gezere
11/28/2006 9:57am,
Given that BJJ and MMA trained soldiers have successfully applied their skills in CQC in warzones I am now going to start calling them BATTLEFIELD Arts. I am doing this because there are pple *cough* Ben Cole*cough* who try to make their art/org sound superior by saying what they are doing are battlefield arts despite the warfare they might have been designed for hasn't been around for over a century. I wonder how well that line of reasoning will be accepted. :violent5:

ojgsxr6
11/28/2006 10:03am,
Asia, a while ago you said there was a site that posted accounts of MAC being used in actual situations. What would that site be?

ginshun
11/28/2006 10:08am,
Argueing with Ben Cole is kind of like...

**** I don't know.

Whats the stupidest most useless thing that a person can do?

M1K3
11/28/2006 10:12am,
Argueing with Ben Cole is kind of like...

**** I don't know.

Whats the stupidest most useless thing that a person can do?

Argue with Ben Cole, maybe?

Pandinha
11/28/2006 10:15am,
Why does anyone care what Ben Cole thinks?

Here is someone who spouts off being better than anyone else, but can't be asked to prove it, that his word is golden.

It reminds me of the Aikido clip I just posted.

Gezere
11/28/2006 10:15am,
Asia, a while ago you said there was a site that posted accounts of MAC being used in actual situations. What would that site be?

Mr Larsen published two so far in GRAPPLING magazine and he will be posting more on his site: http://www.moderncombatives.org/pages/7/index.htm. However when I last talked to him he said it will take awhile because there needs to be some sanitation of the reports.

Gezere
11/28/2006 10:19am,
Its not just Ben, he's just been the latest to used that tired line recently. There are several pple in the TMA camp that love to use that line so I figure it times to really fight fire with fire. BJJ has proven itself on the MODERN battlefeild thus citing centruies old battles should be rendered useless. Yes I know its wishful thinking but I realy want to see the reaction to when you slap them back with it.

Letum
11/28/2006 10:22am,
Probably just mindlessly flame you to be honest Oh great and evil Asia.

Iscariot
11/28/2006 10:28am,
BJJ has proven itself on the MODERN battlefeild thus citing centruies old battles should be rendered useless. Yes I know its wishful thinking but I realy want to see the reaction to when you slap them back with it.They'll come back with either modern special forces ARE Ninja rubbish, or they'll invent and spout an instance where LARPing did better in a modern circumstance.

Gezere
11/28/2006 10:29am,
If figure as much but I love bombarding them with facts why they furiously type aways to keep their house of cards from crashing in their mind.

Letum
11/28/2006 10:29am,
I've been meaning to ask this for a while but, what is LARP'ing? :S

Iscariot
11/28/2006 10:35am,
I've been meaning to ask this for a while but, what is LARP'ing? :S
Live Action Role-Playing. They're the people who dress up at weekends and pretend to all be elves and **** in fields. We don't actually have a problem with them (other than thinking they're weird dorks), it's the 'Martial Artists' who dress up and pretend to be something they're not; usually teh d34dly.

ginshun
11/28/2006 10:36am,
They'll come back with either modern special forces ARE Ninja rubbish, or they'll invent and spout an instance where LARPing did better in a modern circumstance.

Exactly right.

"So and so from my dojo is a Navy seal ranger delta force SWAT team leader and used *insert TMA here* just last week to subdue a whole gang of angry midget terrorists"

Therefore *insert TMA here* is therefore superior to BJJ

Nate1481
11/28/2006 10:36am,
Unfortunately the kind of people that use that argument are in denial so have a hydra like mentality. Every argument you cut down with logic and evidence will produce 2 more stupid and unsupportable, at a guess in this case any time Ninjitsu has been used will be 'CLASSIFIED'
It will be good to have something to point to that may help convince 'the public'

Letum
11/28/2006 10:43am,
Live Action Role-Playing. They're the people who dress up at weekends and pretend to all be elves and **** in fields. We don't actually have a problem with them (other than thinking they're weird dorks), it's the 'Martial Artists' who dress up and pretend to be something they're not; usually teh d34dly.

Ah right, people actually do that? :confused5 I suppose the MA reference would be Chi blasts, fightinh 10 guys at once etc etc.

jnp
11/28/2006 11:16am,
Silly Asia. Don't you know that LARPers automatically generate a +5 bonus on all saving throws against the use of logic by those filthy ground fighters?