PDA

View Full Version : New to Bullshido

Pages : [1] 2

roninroshi
11/27/2006 11:59pm,
Chking it out look's very interesting...

vinhthekid
11/28/2006 12:55am,
welcome to bullshido.

do you do any martial arts or just reading or what?

MacWombat
11/28/2006 3:04am,
Welcome to Bullshido. Tell us a little about yourself and your style.

Easy E
11/28/2006 4:46am,
Thanks for the welcome. I curently reside in Achorage, AK. I was origionally a student and teacher of Matsumura Shorin Ryu Karate in my hometown of West Palm Beach, FL. I tought and studied at the Japan Karate School there under Rick Dermo. I have studied the martial arts for about 16 years with mostly a Okinowan Karate background with some kung fu. When I made the move from Florida to Alaska about 4 years ago, I began trainning at the Wu Tang school under Kurt Wong. The switch from Karate to Kung fu has been some major culture shock for me, I miss the sparring and contact of Karate, but kung fu has really began to peak my interest. I'm a little overwhlmed with the shear number of styles they teach there, it seems like alot to digest, but within the last 3 years I have found it really hard to choose just one because I like them all so much. They teach Baji, Piqua Zhang, Tang lang, Ba gua, Tai chi, and Islamic Long Fist...I try to concetrate on just the Baji and Tang Lang (in order to keep my brain from exploding=)..) everyone there seems to have taken a liking to one or 2 styles, but I just wanna learn them all=). I still act as a sparring partner for some of the AFC (Alaska Fighting Championships) fighters, so I get my fight cravings taken care of every now and then, and well I guess that about sums it up.

alex
11/28/2006 4:49am,
i wish there was a wu tang school near me. id train there just so that when people asked me what style i do i could smash their face and say WU TANG CLAN FOR LIFE

Easy E
11/28/2006 5:02am,
LOl..I do that all the time. My friends call me Ol Dirty Cracker.

roninroshi
11/28/2006 8:59pm,
Thank's...Began MA in 1958 w/Kyokushinkai Karate-do,spent 4yrs.in the military 2 yrs in S.E.Asia
66-68 Studied Tang Soo Do and Judo,trained in Kali for a few years in the late 60's early 70's...
Started Aikido in the late 70's and AikiJitsu in the early 80's until present...I was a defensive tactic's instructor for the MT.Dept of Justice for 9yrs.I began Taiji in the mid-80' until present...
I teach AikiJitsu and Aiki weapons,Yang Taiji w/combat app's...I hold Yudansha rank in Aikido and AikiJitsu...Some of my Sensei and Sifu include...M.Saotome,H.Ikeda,Bernie Lau,T.Y.Pang,Geo L.Hu
and various gentlemen in obscure part's of Asia and the US...I'm now 62,still spar w/guy's 40yrs
younger,power lift and train w/KB's...I also read ,play Shakuhachi,write Haiku,have a family...
Other than that "It's all one taste"...:qbluepira

Easy E
11/28/2006 10:43pm,
Well, Ronin thats a pretty impresive history you have there. How you liking Taiji compared to the Japanese styles you've taken?

Axelton
11/28/2006 10:53pm,
i wish there was a wu tang school near me. id train there just so that when people asked me what style i do i could smash their face and say WU TANG CLAN FOR LIFE

WU TANG!
WU TANG!
WU TANG!

roninroshi
11/28/2006 10:53pm,
I like Taiji quite a lot...it encompases so many principles and concept's found in other art's I have studied...and I find the application's to be very direct at least as I understand them...Taiji is a strong fighting art and the effect's of it can be cranked up to any level as needed...strike's, throw's
locking/pain compliance technique's...all there in Taiji.
The Qi-gong and Neigong are a great addition as well...

Axelton
11/28/2006 10:55pm,
Thank's...Began MA in 1958 w/Kyokushinkai Karate-do,spent 4yrs.in the military 2 yrs in S.E.Asia
:qbluepira

dude either your a liar or have a horrible memory....kyokushin was founded in 1964 not 1958. so how credible are the rest of your styles? or just lies like that?

roninroshi
11/28/2006 10:58pm,
http://www.american-kyokushin.com/History.html
You might enjoy reading this...

ar549
11/28/2006 11:01pm,
Welcome to the website, Its a great place with lots of info and lots of smart martial artist,
just learn to use your Ignore function early to sort out the nonsense.

:bully:

Axelton
11/28/2006 11:03pm,
oh so im guessing you were a soldier he taught karate to in japan. in 1958. still im not sure if thats kyokushin he was teaching it might have been goju since thats what he studied aside from shotokan before founding kyokushin. anyways i guess that claim is credible. apologies.

roninroshi
11/28/2006 11:05pm,
Thank's...I joined this forum to exchange info and learn a few new thing's...not engage in confusion...

Easy E
11/29/2006 5:38am,
Right on...WU TANG FO LIFE!!!! Anyway ronin, I see that you said you are a powerlifter. Now I am a bodybuilder myself, and was before I started kung fu. Recently all of the elder students have been telling me that bodybuilding is counter-productive to Kung fu. They say that because bodybuilding doesn't train your body as a whole unit, but in individual groups. If you don't mind me asking, whats your oppinion of that? Now I also find that after trainning in karate for so long that my movements in kung fu tend to be very ridgid and tense, and I find it hard to achive that relaxed and fluent technique that is kung fu's signiture, did you find it hard to get rid of all the built up karate tension you had when you started taiji? Any insight you can give me on these topics is greatly appreciated.