PDA

View Full Version : n00br3ak3r from south florida

KurSe
11/24/2006 11:51am,
Hi,

I am new to bullshido and appreciate the amount of quality (and some of the quality-less :happy4:) information here.

I live in Boca Raton (50 min north of Miami) and am currently 28. When I was in middle school, I had about a year and a half of Shotokan intently, and made it to brown belt.. man I would be a master by now if I had stayed with it!! (well, I'd at least be flexible). I did a little wrestling in HS, but only 1 year, and that was 13 years ago. I still like wrestling around and boxing with my friends, but I am getting too old to do that in a social setting apparently. I also play a lot of volleyball, try to stay in decent shape, and am a decent athlete. I enjoy watching mma, mostly UFC or whatever is on, and also in person (AFC). I enjoy romantic dinners, long walks on the beach, playing poker, and blockbuster nights at home in my pjs.. WTF!

My immediate goal is to begin training in some form of grappling.. probably bjj. I am interested in finding a local club, and besidees quality grappling instruction, other things I'd like are: striking, a gym, and something that costs less than car insurance or a car payment. I've already checked out a couple of the local clubs (I will try to do a writeup when I'm done), and any other recommendations are more than welcome. I'd probably like to compete in some local grappling events [naga?] and maybe some mma someday, but one step at a time.

`kS

PS:
I moved this to the bottom because I didn't think it was the best way to start:
[email protected]#$ why does my keyboard have the back arrow and page back button right next to each other.. someone should enable this editor to have memory when going back and forward in your browser so I dont lose my message everytime. I had to type this out twice^H^H^H^H^Hthree times!!

PizDoff
11/24/2006 1:05pm,
Humour this one has. Welcome to the board.

JWDL
11/24/2006 1:21pm,
Bienvenu au forum

Pandinha
11/24/2006 1:25pm,
Hi,

I am new to bullshido and appreciate the amount of quality (and some of the quality-less :happy4:) information here.

I live in Boca Raton (50 min north of Miami) and am currently 28. When I was in middle school, I had about a year and a half of Shotokan intently, and made it to brown belt.. man I would be a master by now if I had stayed with it!! (well, I'd at least be flexible). I did a little wrestling in HS, but only 1 year, and that was 13 years ago. I still like wrestling around and boxing with my friends, but I am getting too old to do that in a social setting apparently. I also play a lot of volleyball, try to stay in decent shape, and am a decent athlete. I enjoy watching mma, mostly UFC or whatever is on, and also in person (AFC). I enjoy romantic dinners, long walks on the beach, playing poker, and blockbuster nights at home in my pjs.. WTF!

My immediate goal is to begin training in some form of grappling.. probably bjj. I am interested in finding a local club, and besidees quality grappling instruction, other things I'd like are: striking, a gym, and something that costs less than car insurance or a car payment. I've already checked out a couple of the local clubs (I will try to do a writeup when I'm done), and any other recommendations are more than welcome. I'd probably like to compete in some local grappling events [naga?] and maybe some mma someday, but one step at a time.

`kS

PS:
I moved this to the bottom because I didn't think it was the best way to start:
[email protected]#$ why does my keyboard have the back arrow and page back button right next to each other.. someone should enable this editor to have memory when going back and forward in your browser so I dont lose my message everytime. I had to type this out twice^H^H^H^H^Hthree times!!
Where in Boca are you? West or East?

American Top Team has a school in east boca on US1, north of Palmetto, south of Glades. On the same side as Mizner.
ATT / Boca Black Belt

Owner: Billy Eskamani
Address: 74 S. Federal Highway - Boca Raton, FL.
Phone: (561) 361-4447

If you are west boca, there's American Top Team, Coconut Creek Main. http://americantopteam.com

You won't find better training, and training faciilties anywhere else.

See you on the mats.

KurSe
11/24/2006 4:04pm,
Hi Anthony [et all], and thanks for the welcome.

I am in south central Boca, palmetto/st andrews. I checked out ATT Boca earlier this week and met Billy; he is a nice guy and formally introduced me to americanas, armbars, and guillotines. Which ATT do you train at? I may check out Coconut Creek this Sat if I get a chance, and I'd still like to check out Marcel's school in Deerfield.

I think it's pretty indisputable that ATT HQ in Coco has the nicest facilities and top-notch instruction across the board. The time of their bjj is far from ideal for me though, and it is a bit of a wallet breaker, but I am still weighing it all. Do you have any info on Billy as an instructor? I have also been to Mauricio Villardo's school, and he really had a great bunch of guys there.

I am still planning to check out punch fitness, and would appreciate if anyone could provide any insight into their bjj class/instructor, or even on their striking programs.

Thanks guys!
`kS

Where in Boca are you? West or East?

American Top Team has a school in east boca on US1, north of Palmetto, south of Glades. On the same side as Mizner.
ATT / Boca Black Belt

Owner: Billy Eskamani
Address: 74 S. Federal Highway - Boca Raton, FL.
Phone: (561) 361-4447

If you are west boca, there's American Top Team, Coconut Creek Main. http://americantopteam.com

You won't find better training, and training faciilties anywhere else.

See you on the mats.

Pandinha
11/24/2006 7:56pm,
Hi Anthony [et all], and thanks for the welcome.

I am in south central Boca, palmetto/st andrews. I checked out ATT Boca earlier this week and met Billy; he is a nice guy and formally introduced me to americanas, armbars, and guillotines. Which ATT do you train at? I may check out Coconut Creek this Sat if I get a chance, and I'd still like to check out Marcel's school in Deerfield.

I think it's pretty indisputable that ATT HQ in Coco has the nicest facilities and top-notch instruction across the board. The time of their bjj is far from ideal for me though, and it is a bit of a wallet breaker, but I am still weighing it all. Do you have any info on Billy as an instructor? I have also been to Mauricio Villardo's school, and he really had a great bunch of guys there.

I am still planning to check out punch fitness, and would appreciate if anyone could provide any insight into their bjj class/instructor, or even on their striking programs.

Thanks guys!
`kS

Hey Buddy, Billy is a great guy and great teacher. I've heard nothing but good things about him. I train at the Main ATT school in Coconut Creek.

Mauricio is another great teacher. I trained with him for a bit, but stopped when I hurt my back last year, where I started with ATT in Feb. It's about the same money wise, Mauricio and ATT, though. So it's up to you whether you want a big school with alot of different guys to train with, or a smaller school.

KurSe
11/27/2006 1:03am,
Thanks for the insight and help Anthony.. I should have an official decision sometime this week. How long have you been @ ATT for? It seems like the CC headquarters is some sort of MMA mecca; it's nice that it's so close. Are there any good places around here to get gis or other equipment? Also , what belt is Billy? I'm not sure that it would/should even matter to me, as a true bjj beginner. Do you train with Ben Stark at all, I have seen him fight a few times @ afc and he is the local FAU kid.. pretty impressive wins!

kS

Hey Buddy, Billy is a great guy and great teacher. I've heard nothing but good things about him. I train at the Main ATT school in Coconut Creek.

Mauricio is another great teacher. I trained with him for a bit, but stopped when I hurt my back last year, where I started with ATT in Feb. It's about the same money wise, Mauricio and ATT, though. So it's up to you whether you want a big school with alot of different guys to train with, or a smaller school.

Pandinha
11/27/2006 1:23am,
Thanks for the insight and help Anthony.. I should have an official decision sometime this week. How long have you been @ ATT for? It seems like the CC headquarters is some sort of MMA mecca; it's nice that it's so close. Are there any good places around here to get gis or other equipment? Also , what belt is Billy? I'm not sure that it would/should even matter to me, as a true bjj beginner. Do you train with Ben Stark at all, I have seen him fight a few times @ afc and he is the local FAU kid.. pretty impressive wins!

kS

No idea what belt Billy is, I know my former instructor Renato Taveres opened up a new school in Orlando and he's a black. Easy enough to find out, just give him a call. :)

The main facility rocks, flat out. I've met Ben "The Hebrew Hammer" Stark a few times. I take privates with Emyr "Shark" Bussade, and my privates always have a fighter chatting with Shark, which to me just plain rocks. A couple of weeks ago, my legs really cramped up, so Shark is stretching me out, and Denis Kang sits next to him and they start chatting about his upcoming fights in Korea. To a fan, it's just fucking awesome, to a student, it is definately Mecca. :)

KurSe
11/27/2006 1:53am,
That is cool, Dennis is a serious ass kicker!

For somoene just starting out, how important do you think the instructor's level is? Like a purple belt would definitely know a lot more than me, so would that be sufficient, or would black belt training be that much of an upgrade, even right off the bat? Or is this just a tard question? It seems that the quality of training partners is almost as important, if not more important, as well.

`kS

No idea what belt Billy is, I know my former instructor Renato Taveres opened up a new school in Orlando and he's a black. Easy enough to find out, just give him a call. :)

The main facility rocks, flat out. I've met Ben "The Hebrew Hammer" Stark a few times. I take privates with Emyr "Shark" Bussade, and my privates always have a fighter chatting with Shark, which to me just plain rocks. A couple of weeks ago, my legs really cramped up, so Shark is stretching me out, and Denis Kang sits next to him and they start chatting about his upcoming fights in Korea. To a fan, it's just fucking awesome, to a student, it is definately Mecca. :)

Pandinha
11/27/2006 2:09am,
That is cool, Dennis is a serious ass kicker!

For somoene just starting out, how important do you think the instructor's level is? Like a purple belt would definitely know a lot more than me, so would that be sufficient, or would black belt training be that much of an upgrade, even right off the bat? Or is this just a tard question? It seems that the quality of training partners is almost as important, if not more important, as well.

`kS

Nothing less than a purple, personally. Not a stupid question at all.