PDA

View Full Version : GSP vs Hughes 2: GJJ wins again!

Pages : [1] 2 3

MacWombat
11/23/2006 8:28pm,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5INiEY_FT8w

Here is a link to the post fight press conference with interviews of Matt Hughes and GSP. Matt Hughes answers some questions and admits that the second groin kick was really a shot to the nerve.

GSP is put on the spot when asked if he is impressed by Hughes' performance and most notably attributes a technique that he saw Royce Gracie use when fighting Matt Hughes. So there you have it, Royce was really just setting up the win for GSP this whole time. God, the Gracies are great.

HearWa
11/23/2006 8:30pm,
If anyone wants to see the fights...
The first fight: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3026196569517986496&sourceid=popularfeed
The recent fight: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6582651502321510653

youtube
11/23/2006 9:04pm,
yea zuffa corps. nuked all the ones on youtube.

HearWa
11/23/2006 9:13pm,
I find it wierd how the videos are being taken off of youtube (now owned by google for those of you who have been living under a rock all this time) but not google video. I've been spreading those links for four or five days now, too...

youtube
11/23/2006 9:16pm,
its because googlevideo makes you offers like a trial membership or a "view this in HD" crap... google should have never bought youtube.

MacWombat
11/23/2006 9:20pm,
Talk about the post fight press conference please :(.

Epicurus
11/23/2006 9:34pm,
I'm surprised that Hughes admitted that the second kick was really a nerve strike and not a groin shot - because he took his time getting over it. If it hadn't looked like a foul, then that might have been it for the fight.

Also LOL at how people keep bringing up that GSP is poor. I think it's starting to bug him, because in all likelyhood his family is not that poor and they're probably shamed to be described that way all the time.

Axelton
11/23/2006 10:09pm,
i wish the sylvia monson fight was still up

youtube
11/23/2006 11:31pm,
it wasnt as exciting as the gsp v hughes fight

Roidie McDouchebag
11/23/2006 11:59pm,
The Sylvia Monson fight fucking sucked.

LOL, grappling FUCKING DIED WITH THIS FIGHT. Striking rules the UFC outside LW.

youtube
11/24/2006 12:08am,
The Sylvia Monson fight fucking sucked.

LOL, grappling FUCKING DIED WITH THIS FIGHT. Striking rules the UFC outside LW.
what's your IQ?

Roidie McDouchebag
11/24/2006 12:13am,
I qualify for MENSA if that helps.

As for the comments, when Dana said the re-rematch would probably happen in Canada, I creamed my pants.

jnp
11/24/2006 12:29am,
I qualify for MENSA if that helps.
Indisputable proof that intelligence has no bearing on common sense.

How's your toilet welcher?

ViciousFlamingo
11/24/2006 1:13am,

How's your toilet welcher?

IQ and MENSA have no bearing on intelligence.

Roidie McDouchebag
11/24/2006 3:05am,

Definitely.

IQ and MENSA have no bearing on intelligence.

This is as ridiculous as saying ONLY IQ has a bearing on intelligence...and my condolences on your test score.

MacWombat
11/24/2006 3:34am,
I think Cracky is kind of right. GSP vs Serra will be win by GSP striking. GSP vs Hughes 3 = same thing. GSP vs Diego, cmon. GSP vs Penn 2 (if GSP wins it will be on the feet or GnP from guard at best. If GSP went up to MW then if he won against Anderson, it would be on the ground. MW will be grappling if Travis Lutter can beat Anderson Silva, but if I had to bet I'd put my money on Silva (striking then). LHW = Liddell striking every time = no grappling. HW = Sylvia being boring or Vera winning by striking.

LW will be the most exciting division because of its inclusion of grappling and it's fun-to-watch striking.