PDA

View Full Version : The Mercop!

Pages : [1] 2 3

black mariah
11/17/2006 11:29pm,
As much as I'd like to say this is about a mermaid cop writing tickets to all the little fishies, I am saddened to say... it's just more bullshido.

http://www.mercop.com/

Or is it? He makes some good statements ("The only two places you want to be if someone spontaneously pulls a blade is 100 yards away or right on top of them.") but follows it up with weaksauce crap ("We need to be like the cat, always vigilant, and have total lack of hesitation when attacked.").

I honestly don't know what to think here... The website just seems so damn bullshido but he's not a total dumbfuck.

Grey area... making... head... hurt... :BangHead:

Ke?poFist
11/18/2006 12:11am,
Mercop....Mercenary cop? Wannabe military FBSDer?

rw4th
11/18/2006 12:17am,
Here's his bio:

George “mercop” Matheis has over a decade of experience in civilian and military law enforcement.

He currently serves with an agency in Maryland and is assigned to uniformed criminal patrol and SWAT.

George’s core art is Yoshin Ryu Ju Jitsu and his main area of expertise and study is combat with the open hand, stick, knife and gun in an area the size of a parking space.

George believes that all martial training should be compatible with the human response to stress and be based on common principles instead of individual techniques.

PizDoff
11/18/2006 12:22am,
Oh no, it might be already too late to sign up for his seminar!!!

markcos262
11/18/2006 2:13am,
George “mercop” Matheis has over a decade of experience in civilian and military law enforcement. He currently serves with an agency in Maryland and is assigned to uniformed criminal patrol and SWAT.

The Mercharness (http://www.mercop.com/docs/shop_mercharness.htm) is a revolutionary new way to carry your fixed blades concealed under nothing more that a t-shirt.
It can be used with any knife that has a kydex sheath with eyelets.

A law enforcement officer who would sell equipment designed to conceal weapons WTF?

Don Gwinn
11/18/2006 9:38pm,
Why would a cop not sell equipment used to conceal weapons? A whole lot of people in the weapons/holster/sheath industry, especially customs, are cops. Most cops don't share your hangups about armed citizens who conceal their weapons--and some of the ones who do still design this equipment because police officers need it, too.

This "Mercop" guy used to troll gun forums. As near as I can tell, that nickname is self-bestowed by a legend in his own mind.

RoninPimp
11/21/2006 3:42pm,
I'll be going to a seminar this December where "Mercop" is one of the instructors.

PirateJon
11/21/2006 3:52pm,
Why would a cop not sell equipment used to conceal weapons? A whole lot of people in the weapons/holster/sheath industry, especially customs, are cops. Most cops don't share your hangups about armed citizens who conceal their weapons--and some of the ones who do still design this equipment because police officers need it, too.

But you can't hug a child with legally concealed arms.

M1K3
11/21/2006 3:58pm,
But you can't hug a child with legally concealed arms.

Actually I don't want to be near a child who has legally concealed arms.

PirateJon
11/21/2006 4:12pm,
http://piratejon.googlepages.com/taptshirt4s.jpg

Cute.

Honestly I don't see anything too bad, but after reading this I wouldn't want to piss him off during a traffic stop...

Some people kid themselves and say that if attacked you will do whatever you have to and then run away. That is BULLSHIT. Some scumbag just tried to jack you and you thwarted it. He is now lying at your feet, at your mercy. You are going to walk away...not. Would you rather cut him again or hit him with a stick? Which would you want to defend in court?

Imagine someone taking a stick and just smacking the back of your hands or the ball of your ankle.:spanky:

Axelton
11/21/2006 11:30pm,
seriously whats wrong with the point he is making with "We need to be like the cat, always vigilant, and have total lack of hesitation when attacked."). it may nt be the best way to say it but yeah thats what you need to be.

Ke?poFist
11/22/2006 12:12am,
seriously whats wrong with the point he is making with "We need to be like the cat, always vigilant, and have total lack of hesitation when attacked."). it may nt be the best way to say it but yeah thats what you need to be.

It's corny and shmaltzy as all hell

vinhthekid
11/22/2006 2:34am,
but does it fundamentally make him bullshido? there's cheesy people everywhere.

i want to see what roninpimp says after that seminar.

Epicurus
11/22/2006 2:42am,
I'm sorry, telling people that they need to be like cats in order to win street fights is just plain not sound advice. Every time I see some gangbanger going toe to toe with a housecat, the criminal usually wins, though I have seen some pretty awesome matches where street toughs lost to Ocelots.

Seriously, what the hell are you doing defending someone who said that people need to be vigilant like the cat? What's next, wax on, wax off, flow like water and find your center?

bad credit
11/22/2006 7:48am,
Holy ****, it's Phil with a mohawk.

Muqatil
11/22/2006 8:15am,
Holy ****, it's Phil with a mohawk.

Umm, most definately no.