PDA

View Full Version : new to the site

scottm
11/12/2006 5:08am,
Hi all,

just registered to the site so thought it best to do an intro, living in the UK and recently took up Harimau Silat, I am being taught by a guy who humbled me the first time I met him and has taught me so much in the short time I have been practising, this art truly is a way of life, if anyone knows of any links for any Harimau Silat site id be extremely grateful if you could post them as theres not much about.
Thanks all in advance and enjoy:adios:

PirateJon
11/14/2006 3:06pm,
Mercy reply.

Welcome. What can you tell us about your school? How much aliveness is there?

aliveness = http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2068450760833041053

Axelton
11/14/2006 4:27pm,
welcome to bullshido.

scottm
11/17/2006 9:49pm,
Hi and thanks for the welcome

as to the rest of your post not sure if it was a statement towards myself,and my what i am currently learning i hope not, as im sure it would offend many people in the martial arts enviroment ,at the end of the day within nature no one man is any better than any other, as we all die and rot and end up back in the ground where life began for us all.
Please do not take this as a blow against yourself but I feel that your post has been written in spite against my myself which means faulting my pendakar and his guru .

with respect and thanks

scottm

RunningDog
11/17/2006 9:57pm,
I'd like to steal (and modify) a nice analogy from another poster, I think it was Teh deadly Dim Mak...

Martial artists are like cars. Different cars have different advantages, but they're all the same at the end of the day. A Ferrari, for example, is characterized by speed, luxury and superb build quality. An Austin Maestro is characterized by rusting quickly, being slow and ugly, and being difficult to drive on a motorway. But they both have four wheels, an engine and gears. See? All cars are equal.

rsobrien
11/17/2006 11:26pm,
as we all die and rot and end up back in the ground where life began for us all.

Are you saying you're made out of mud?

pauli
11/18/2006 12:38am,
as to the rest of your post not sure if it was a statement towards myself,and my what i am currently learning i hope not, as im sure it would offend many people in the martial arts enviroment ,at the end of the day within nature no one man is any better than any other, as we all die and rot and end up back in the ground where life began for us all.
Please do not take this as a blow against yourself but I feel that your post has been written in spite against my myself which means faulting my pendakar and his guru .welcome to bullshido. what the hell are you saying?