PDA

View Full Version : Become a dark warrior online . . . .

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Hammer Fist
10/29/2006 2:14pm,
Well, I searched and came up with nothing, so I'm putting this link up for others to have at:

http://www.ninjalessons.com/aboutus.html

The site address is pretty self explanitory . . . you can sign up for a monthly fee of $3.95, which entitles you to download 8-12 clips per month. I think this is BS, but it should be noted that they're not awarding rank online and that they also make a point of saying that the techniques are there to supplement the arsenal of an already deadly ninjer.

Can I earn rank online?
Ninja Lessons does not attempt to award any rank of any kind. NinjaLessons.com provides the viewer with an look into an actual ninja school and offers insights and virtual lessons. We feel that the online content will be beneficial to entertain and educate those interested in any martial art. When creating Ninja Lessons we kept in mind a statement our teacher made in a Black Belt Magazine article: "A dojo isn't something with a concrete form. Every day is a dojo, wherever you are." (Masaaki Hatsumi Sensei, 1997)

They also make reference to their art, budo taijutsu. Maybe somebody who can offer a more educated perspective can comment on this variation of ninjitsu as I've never heard of it.:5bowtie: :5bowtie:

slamdunc
10/29/2006 2:24pm,
They cannot award rank in ninjitsu, because ninjitsu does not exist. They cannot teach ninjitsu, because they have never experienced it. Ninjitsu cannot exist because if it did, only ninja would know the art and we couldn't see them anyway. If ninja existed, they would be secretive, invisible to the human eye and never show any techniques, except to other ninja.

Ronin.74
10/29/2006 2:53pm,
And to think I considered shelling out money for an online University degree when I could just get this instead.

plasma
10/29/2006 2:59pm,
They cannot award rank in ninjitsu, because ninjitsu does not exist. They cannot teach ninjitsu, because they have never experienced it. Ninjitsu cannot exist because if it did, only ninja would know the art and we couldn't see them anyway. If ninja existed, they would be secretive, invisible to the human eye and never show any techniques, except to other ninja.

How does it feel to be a moron?

I suggest you slit your wrist with a rusty razor, because no one loves you and no one one will ever love a LARPing Kata dancing CMA bitch.

Hammer Fist
10/29/2006 3:04pm,
And to think I considered shelling out money for an online University degree when I could just get this instead.

I had the same thought . . . I was set to go with the 'Pharmaceutical Assistant' course elsewhere, but damn . . . . I'm gonna be a fucking ninjer now.

Hammer Fist
10/29/2006 3:10pm,
Check out the sample vid . . . what steaming pile this is. I especially like how he punches a punch. All joking aside, it's dangerous when somebody thinks they're hard after learning **** like that for a couple years. That simply wouldn't work (well, i guess anything CAN work, but it's a very low percentage block).

http://www.ninjalessons.com/images/ninjalessons2.wmv

slamdunc
10/29/2006 3:13pm,
How does it feel to be a moron?

I suggest you slit your wrist with a rusty razor, because no one loves you and no one one will ever love a LARPing Kata dancing CMA bitch.
Unfortunately, I don't LARP or dance and the razor thing is out of the question. Suicide is not an option when you have kids or good sense.

I wanted to be a ninja when I was a kid too. The thing is, I learned the truth about Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, The Tooth Fairy and Ninjas. Maybe your mommy and daddy will explain this to you when you are old enough and can tolerate the truth without a tantrum.

plasma
10/29/2006 3:19pm,
Unfortunately, I don't LARP or dance and the razor thing is out of the question. Suicide is not an option when you have kids or good sense.

I wanted to be a ninja when I was a kid too. The thing is, I learned the truth about Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, The Tooth Fairy and Ninjas. Maybe your mommy and daddy will explain this to you when you are old enough and can tolerate the truth without a tantrum.

You CMA. CMA LARP same thing.

Is it hard living as a moron?

Ninpiden (http://ninpo.org/historicalrecords/ninpidenindex.htm) FTW.

slamdunc
10/29/2006 3:29pm,
You CMA. CMA LARP same thing.

Is it hard living as a moron?

It hasn't bothered me thus far. Have you ever seen a real moron? I tried Wikipedia and this is what I got:

Moron was originally a scientific term, coined by psychologist Henry Goddard from a Greek word meaning "foolish" and used to describe a person with a genetically determined mental age between 8 and 12 on the Binet scale. It was also once applied to people with an IQ of 51-70 and was a step up from "imbecile" (IQ of 26-50) and two steps up from "idiot" (IQ of 0-25). Typical behavior could include emulation of ninja and a belief that they actually exist in modern times. The word moron, along with "retarded" and "feeble-minded" (among others), was once considered a valid descriptor in the psychological community, though these words have all now passed into common slang use, exclusively in a detrimental context.

In his later years, Goddard recanted all his previous writings, but they had already been translated and published, including in German. They were a heavy inspiration for the Nazis who sent people deemed "morons" to the gas chambers first (Source: BBC Documentary "Stupidity").

I am afraid that I do not qualify for two specific reasons. 1) My IQ is over 100 points above the range described. 2) I do not believe in ninjers. As far as the CMA and LARPing go, I don't do the dance. Not into the catch-phrase 'Reality-Based' martial arts, either, but I know that my **** works.

Shouldn't you be in the basement tearing the heads off your Barbie dolls, abusing your family pets, or sharpening your Shuriken?

huge
10/29/2006 3:38pm,
Everyone on the internet has an IQ >150, don't they?

No morons on the interweb. Nosiree...

slamdunc
10/29/2006 3:42pm,
Everyone on the internet has an IQ >150, don't they?
No morons on the interweb. Nosiree...
They need to be smart just to know how to turn on the puter and get on the net. I think I lost 20 or so IQ points just reading this thread.

plasma
10/29/2006 3:45pm,
It hasn't bothered me thus far. Have you ever seen a real moron? I tried Wikipedia and this is what I got:

Moron was originally a scientific term, coined by psychologist Henry Goddard from a Greek word meaning "foolish" and used to describe a person with a genetically determined mental age between 8 and 12 on the Binet scale. It was also once applied to people with an IQ of 51-70 and was a step up from "imbecile" (IQ of 26-50) and two steps up from "idiot" (IQ of 0-25). Typical behavior could include emulation and ninja and a belief that they actually exist in modern times. The word moron, along with "retarded" and "feeble-minded" (among others), was once considered a valid descriptor in the psychological community, though these words have all now passed into common slang use, exclusively in a detrimental context.

In his later years, Goddard recanted all his previous writings, but they had already been translated and published, including in German. They were a heavy inspiration for the Nazis who sent people deemed "morons" to the gas chambers first (Source: BBC Documentary "Stupidity").

I am afraid that I do not qualify for two specific reasons. 1) My IQ is over 100 points above the range described. 2) I do not believe in ninjers. As far as the CMA and LARPing go, I don't do the dance. Not into the catch-phrase 'Reality-Based' martial arts, either, but I know that my **** works.

Shouldn't you be in the basement tearing the heads off your Barbie dolls, abusing your family pets, or sharpening your Shuriken?

Wikipedia also said you can bite your way out of back mount.

As for the sentence you highlighted is not proper english, and that you added it, it only supports the fact that you're a moron that should commit suicide. Please rid the world of your seed.

As I can point to 3 different scrolls from the 16th and 17th centuries describing Ninjutsu strategy (Shoninki from Kishu-ryu being among them), as proof Ninjutsu did exist around that time. Whether modern schools like Togakure-ryu come from them or rather "recreated" it, is another debate that being done. However, if you want to categorize Ninpou as Iga/Koga region Bugei, there are a few that survived. Gyokko-ryu, Koto-ryu and Gykokushin-ryu ,as described by Serge Mol in Classical Fighting Arts of Japan, are a few.

Please give a source on how ninjas (modern term, older term being shinobi no mono) are made up.

I awaiy your answer you "My dance kata works cause I said so on the Internetz" bitch.

Edit:
PS. I polished my shaken (senban shuriken) with a tuff cloth yesterday.

plasma
10/29/2006 3:47pm,
They need to be smart just to know how to turn on the puter and get on the net. I think I lost 20 or so IQ points just reading this thread.

That was due to your post. Stop making yourself dumber. You don't have much intelligence to begin with.

slamdunc
10/29/2006 4:05pm,
Wikipedia also said you can bite your way out of back mount.
It seemed like the only way out; it worked, I'm alive and thankful.

As for the sentence you highlighted is not proper english, and that you added it, it only supports the fact that you're a moron that should commit suicide. Please rid the world of your seed.
I majored in mechanical engineering, not in English--I have no excuse

As I can point to 3 different scrolls from the 16th and 17th centuries describing Ninjutsu strategy (Shoninki from Kishu-ryu being among them), as proof Ninjutsu did exist around that time. Whether modern schools like Togakure-ryu come from them or rather "recreated" it, is another debate that being done. However, if you want to categorize Ninpou as Iga/Koga region Bugei, there are a few that survived. Gyokko-ryu, Koto-ryu and Gykokushi-ryu ,as described by Serge Mol in Classical Fighting Arts of Japan, are a few.

Please give a source on how ninjas (modern term, older term being shinobi no mono) are made up.
I didn't say they never existed. I truly believe that they were some of the first Mafia hit-men and mercenaries; they had a critical role in Feudal Japan. Stephen K. Hayes, Ashida Kim and others like them are lame. They are taking money from people and giving them nothing. I trained with a student whose stated style was 'American Ninjitsu'. He learned his 'moves' from videos, books, etc.; he had no formal training, but he was an effective fighter. If you are receiving instruction from these ancient scrolls, I hope you have a foundation in some functional style, as well.

I awaiy your answer you "My dance kata works cause I said so on the Internetz" bitch.
Excellent; I really don't have an answer, just speculation and rhetoric.

PS. I polished my shaken (senban shuriken) with a tuff cloth yesterday.
How'd that work out for you?

slamdunc
10/29/2006 4:13pm,
Here are a couple of examples:

http://www.skhquest.com/shop/dvd.asp

Black Belt Hall of Fame Master Stephen K. Hayes - ninja grandmaster’s apprentice, bodyguard for Asian spiritual royalty, and visionary guide for 21st Century martial artists - teaches you enlightened warrior secrets for conquering brutal and deadly opposition.

Mountains of Strength Ninja 21st Century Taijutsu Unarmed Combat Black Belt Home-Study Course – Earn your Black Belt in 5-element strategy-based principle-centered combat training for stopping determined grapplers, punchers, kickers, and chokers – gritty and honest for real-world fighting victory - 12-DVD Course & Textbook - $329.95 - Our most comprehensive course!

http://www.dojopress.com/memberships.html

Join Forces With Ashida Kim!

DOJO-Academy of Martial Arts is an internationally famous martial arts fraternity dedicated to the Fighting and Health Systems of Gung Fu, Tai Chi Chuan, Kempo, Hsing-i, Pa-Kua, Shaolin Temple Boxing, Shotokan, Taekwondo, Hapkido, Isshin-ryu, Shorinji, Gojo, Wado-ryu, Ninjitsu, Jui-Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Wu Shu, Jeet Kune Do, and American Eclectic Karate.

Among our membership are experts not only in the Way of the Empty Hand, but also of such weapons as the Nunchaka, Sword, Staff, Shuriken, Sai, Jutte, Chain and Sickle, Archery, Halberd, Tonfa, Hanbo, Yawara, and Tanto. Contemporary members are also skilled in the use of firearms and pyrotechnics, and trained in the Art of Commando Warfare, Survival Skills and Anti-Terrorist Operations.

Our fellowship exists as a confederation of independent agents for the purpose of preserving, practicing, studying, and teaching the Martial Arts. To qualify for membership, an applicant must present previous certification of rank in recognized fighting system. Or, test in person before a panel of qualified DOJO Instructors for graduation. In the 21st century we have included videotesting as an alternative method. We welcome and salute all martial artists from all styles and systems and invite them to join us in the great work of sharing this knowledge with others.

----------------------------------------------------------

I can search eBay for ninja certificate or ninja training and come up with some real bullshit.

plasma
10/29/2006 4:13pm,
I didn't say they never existed. I truly believe that they were some of the first Mafia hit-men and mercenaries; they had a critical role in Feudal Japan. Stephen K. Hayes, Ashida Kim and others like them are lame. They are taking money from people and giving them nothing. I trained with a student whose stated style was 'American Ninjitsu'. He learned his 'moves' from videos, books, etc.; he had no formal training, but he was an effective fighter. If you are receiving instruction from these ancient scrolls, I hope you have a foundation in some functional style, as well.

You said ninjas were made up like Santa Claus. Don't back out once I offered proof. Cause you got roped by an American Ninjer, Doesn't mean us who are training Japanese Jujutsu including Iga Region Ninpou (Gyokko Ryu and Koto Ryu) are the same

How'd that work out for you?

They were out in the rain, so they had a bit of rust on them. It cleaned them up quite well.