PDA

View Full Version : Hello

vhanna
10/26/2006 11:50am,
Newbie. Don't really believe in styles, just in figuring out how to tell when someone's going to punch me. Since no one's ever gonna read this, I'll just have a look around.

plasma
10/26/2006 1:04pm,
Then why you are a martial arts forum?

ViciousFlamingo
10/26/2006 7:35pm,
Starts with L and ends with ARP.

MacWombat
10/26/2006 8:34pm,
Have you ever trained in any styles, or just seen the Bruce Lee documentary ten times?

ViciousFlamingo
10/26/2006 9:27pm,
Since I predictiate that this here thread is going to go to crap soon, I want to say that that documentary is one of the single largest causes for MA larping and idiocy. A karate instructor who does some crappling recently commented that I "flow like water" on the ground, but that my "water style" could be easily countered by "becoming like earth". Seriously. Then she gave up an opportunity to roll with me, because other people wanted the mats. *sigh*. Someday, she won't have an excuse, and then BJJ will win again.

vhanna
10/27/2006 11:21am,
what's a larp?

pauli
10/27/2006 11:52am,
live action role play(ing, er). used colloquially to identify those who claim they can or are learning to fight, but either don't train or don't train in an effective manner, and are thus deluding themselves. essentially, posers.

It is Fake
10/27/2006 11:57am,
Since I predictiate that this here thread is going to go to crap soon, I want to say that that documentary is one of the single largest causes for MA larping and idiocy. A karate instructor who does some crappling recently commented that I "flow like water" on the ground, but that my "water style" could be easily countered by "becoming like earth". Seriously. Then she gave up an opportunity to roll with me, because other people wanted the mats. *sigh*. Someday, she won't have an excuse, and then BJJ will win again.
That sounds closer to bad version of the movie Mystery of Chessboxing to me.

vhanna
10/27/2006 12:26pm,
i've never fought a day in my life. i've been hit, but never got to hit back.

MacWombat
10/27/2006 12:28pm,
So, why don't you believe in styles?

smillard
10/27/2006 3:45pm,
sounds like he practices face to fist style. But on the serious side, why haven't you been able to hit back?

KhorneliusPraxx
10/27/2006 3:54pm,
Newbie. Don't really believe in styles, just in figuring out how to tell when someone's going to punch me. Since no one's ever gonna read this, I'll just have a look around.
uh...hello?