PDA

View Full Version : Are there any other forums other than Bullshido and MAP?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Crazyman
10/25/2006 3:10pm,
I don't like Bullshido because people can be assholes over here. Unless you''ve been doing multiple martial arts for ten years, and really know your stuff you'll get flamed for pretty much anything you say. The admin over at MAP is a lazy ass and is taking forever to activate my account. So does anybody know of any other MA forums that I can be a part of? I did a search on Ask.com but didn't pull up much. Thanks for the help.

Sam Browning
10/25/2006 3:11pm,
How about Sherdog? You don't appear like you'd fit in at e-budo.

Crazyman
10/25/2006 3:18pm,
No thanks, I just want a MA site. Not an MMA site. Anything else out there?

Phrost
10/25/2006 3:18pm,
I don't like Bullshido because people can be assholes over here. Unless you''ve been doing multiple martial arts for ten years, and really know your stuff you'll get flamed for pretty much anything you say. The admin over at MAP is a lazy ass and is taking forever to activate my account. So does anybody know of any other MA forums that I can be a part of? I did a search on Ask.com but didn't pull up much. Thanks for the help.

People are only dicks to members who talk out of their ass about things they don't know (and are pretending to) or who don't lurk long enough or care to understand the community culture here instead of generalizing it and making incorrect assumptions about it.

You're right, Bullshido's not for you, but not for the reasons you've expressed. You just don't want to get it. Plenty of people here have limited experience in the Martial Arts and contribute to the discussion just fine.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your assumptions.

Sam Browning
10/25/2006 3:22pm,
Should we send him to Pax?

Phrost
10/25/2006 3:22pm,
But for the record, there aren't any Martial Arts forums worth a damn on the Internet aside from this one. MAP included.

By the way, I find this thread funny considering you posted this in another one about a month ago:

Thank you. Whenever I say something stupid please at least just let me know what the hell I said wrong. How am I supposed to learn otherwise?

Ronin.74
10/25/2006 3:23pm,
Karate Forums.com is another one you could try. I personally think Bullshido is the best one if you want real answers to MA questions.

The other forums have knowledgeable members but their is too much hand holding that goes on. If I say something stupid that flies in the face of logic and reality than I deserve to be smacked down and made to see the truth, I don't need someone to pat me on the back and tell me that my thinking is just fine when it is so obviously flawed.

But to each their own I suppose. Good luck finding someplace more to your liking.

Phrost
10/25/2006 3:23pm,
Should we send him to Pax?
Naa. If he's waiting in the queue at LARPMAP, he'll be in Pax's queue for 6 months. Unless of course, he signs up as "IhateDarkies005" or "Throwthejewdownthewell".

Sam Browning
10/25/2006 3:26pm,
How about "Iprisonfight"

Phrost
10/25/2006 3:27pm,
Karate Forums.com is another one you could try. I personally think Bullshido is the best one if you want real answers to MA questions.

The other forums have knowledgeable members but their is too much hand holding that goes on. If I say something stupid that flies in the face of logic and reality than I deserve to be smacked down and made to see the truth, I don't need someone to pat me on the back and tell me that my thinking is just fine when it is so obviously flawed.

But to each their own I suppose. Good luck finding someplace more to your liking.

I'd rather suggest quitting the Martial Arts entirely if you can't even handle verbal sparring without being in the Internet equivalent of a Redman suit (MAP, et al).

Perhaps taking up Competitive Eating? Needlepoint? I hear Cup Stacking is all the rage now.

Phrost
10/25/2006 3:29pm,
How about "Iprisonfight"

Naa, they, like every other forum on the Internet, would probably think he's Strangler.

WuSauDoesWork?

Teh El Macho
10/25/2006 3:35pm,

Dude, you went to ask.com to search for something? :icon_scra Anyways, try e-budo or judoforum. Don't be so thin-skinned though. :toothy12: e-budo and judoforum may not be as "flaming" as here, but they have little tolerance for **** too.

And how long have you been waiting for your account to be activated at MAP anyways? Weeks? Months? Mine was almost immediately.

GoldenJonas
10/25/2006 3:40pm,
I'd rather suggest quitting the Martial Arts entirely if you can't even handle verbal sparring without being in the Internet equivalent of a Redman suit (MAP, et al).

Perhaps taking up Competitive Eating? Needlepoint? I hear Cup Stacking is all the rage now.

Ohhhh ****!!! Redman, you know what time it is son, don't you? Tell 'em Eric Sermon...

Time, time, time, time for some action...
Time, time, time, time for some action...

damn, brings back memories of the early 90's.

Phrost
10/25/2006 3:40pm,
And how long have you been waiting for your account to be activated at MAP anyways? Weeks? Months? Mine was almost immediately.

Maybe he registered as "DebbieDoesDallas".

Because she does. Really.

Not really, but she's a sandy **** anyway.

Ronin.74
10/25/2006 3:44pm,

So much in fact that I saw an adverstisement on TV of a childrens cup stacking toy. How sad has our world become when cup stacking is touted as a competitve endeavor?

Pandinha
10/25/2006 3:45pm,
Sounds like you are perfect for tma.org