PDA

View Full Version : No profile----style bashers

Pages : [1] 2 3

cyrijl
7/24/2003 9:32am,
I see people bashing this school, that school, this style, training method, etc.. Then i go to look in their profiles and it is blank. Most of these people prob don't even train in anything.
Mr. Magoo
Goojeanleans
Akuma
If you're gonna talk ****. You should at least have the balls enough to say where you're comin' from.

Aikido is not about fighting. It is about purifying the mind and body - misogi/Aikido is the only fitness activity I know that makes you smile. Alot. You also feel closer to your fellow humans afterwards/----anonymous

Phrost
7/24/2003 11:44am,
Good point. Everyone needs to add details of their martial arts experience to their profiles, if only the style studied (including non-styles such as street/bar/etc fighting, police, military experience) in order that their credentials are taken more seriously.

It's not going to be a requirement here (though the new version will have an option to list styles directly) but I'd wager that you'd get treated with more respect if you post your experience in your profile. So it'll be a tradeoff between your complete (at least to the forum members) anonymity, and those members taking you seriously.

Southpaw
7/24/2003 12:20pm,
Point taken. Profile updated.

"Ignore your art for one day, it will forget you for two"-Yip Man

DanDavis
7/24/2003 12:25pm,
I never really looked at it that way. My profile has just been updated.

"Strike first! Strike hard! No mercy, sir!"

Anti-Hero
7/24/2003 12:30pm,
I am new to the forums here and I agree with Phrost in that the internet is an anonymous medium that can be abused by those who wish to remain anonymous. If you wanna step up to the podium and voice your opinion, make sure we know who is speaking.

cyrijl
7/24/2003 12:47pm,
yeah, but alot won't. if it is there, it is just easier...espcially if you come into a thread which is already moving along

Aikido is not about fighting. It is about purifying the mind and body - misogi/Aikido is the only fitness activity I know that makes you smile. Alot. You also feel closer to your fellow humans afterwards/----anonymous

Geek Kune Do
7/24/2003 12:53pm,
I updated mine as well

"Ya can't play with my YO-YO!!!"

MuayThaiChick
7/24/2003 1:55pm,
*blinks* All you have to do is ask and I shall tell you. Then again, I don't really bash any schools, just the people that annoy me. *shrugs* Is that okay on my part? Just e-mail me or IM me @ bellamuaythaichick on Yahoo. ^_^ *waves*

-------------------------
"Dark Days, Bright Nights" -Aeon Flux

"Give me the strength to live, to smile and to love"

thomasaaron
7/24/2003 2:12pm,
My Profile:

>
)))

Did I shoot five times, or six? Do you feel lucky, punk? -- Clint Eastwood

SifuAbel
7/24/2003 5:33pm,
Oh no, that will never do. Show your credentials? That would invalidate half the board. LOL!

Blad3
7/24/2003 6:38pm,
ROFLMFAO you;re so funny. :/

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
"If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott (http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/displayfighter.cfm?fighterid=110)

PizDoff
7/24/2003 6:50pm,
*fake innocence*

say MuayThaiChick, what martial art do you take?

my profile has been updated for a while, i hope it is slightly amusing

--
Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
http://www.fightauthority.com/

Hey guys, do you think we can meet sometime and get some organised despair together?

CrimsonTiger
7/25/2003 1:09am,
*shrug* I've been mocked for mine...my pic and my humour...then again, I'm a manwhore, so it's expected. Either way, you're going to get made fun of...if you can't handle it, you're probably from one of those no-contact McDojos anyway! LOL!

*blinks* All you have to do is ask and I shall tell you. Then again, I don't really bash any schools, just the people that annoy me. *shrugs* Is that okay on my part? Just e-mail me or IM me @ bellamuaythaichick on Yahoo. ^_^ *waves*

...what does one even say to this? *sigh* I guess my elders thought the same of me when I was in my teens?

Regards,
CrimsonTiger

"You're my hero man!!!" -omega 07/23/03

deus ex machina
7/25/2003 1:37am,
CrimsonTiger deserves his props for putting the rhetorical "it" out there. Much love to the heavyweight homie.

However, I prefer to post anonymously, and anyone who I care to be acquainted with on this board already know who I am. Whatever I post, people can take it at face value. If what I say is wrong, then it's wrong. If it's right, then it's right. Regardless of my background. If people don't want to accept that, then it's beyond my realm of control.

~
danny

"That baby better watch his mouth. I rape kids like him as part of my warm-up for raping teenagers, grown men, and eventually charging rhinos." - Boyd

LLL
7/25/2003 11:16am,
As a 'No profile----style basher' I must point out that of course anyone can write anything in their bio, just as well as they can in their messages.

I've always said (where relevant) that I have very little martial arts knowledge, about 6 months in Kali. I have, and will continue, to bash the ones who IMO deserve it (see Rick Tew etc.); martial arts are one thing, criminal fraud is another.

Of course, if you mean people who say something like Karate/Wing Chun/etc. sucks, then I guess you make sense.

cyrijl
7/25/2003 12:10pm,
People can write whatever they want...but that is better than nothing.
Deus, i am more referring to the people with 12 posts who hate everything, and know/contribute nothing.