PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a gym

Airman Kai
10/17/2006 2:34am,
After all the, "You suck the sweat off a dead man's balls," commentary on my sparring, I eventually found a decent enough MMA gym only 15 minutes from base. The grappling coach is a practicing MMA fighter who, from my understanding, is considered Pro since he's paid to fight. Jeremy Genin, although yielding no sherdog results, is a fuckin' tank of a dude, and I've seen him fight local area fights twice, both wins.

It looks good, and I'll finally be able to say that I actually learn and apply instead of randomly beating on innocent sparring partners.

So, in conclusion, you win. I broke down and got a gym.:qleft7:

sochin101
10/17/2006 2:47am,
Can we assume you'll also post video of you being slapped around by your coach?:-P

Just kidding. Congrats on your find & good luck with your training.

DDale
10/17/2006 5:34am,
Excelent. So does this place have mats then? :)

sochin101
10/17/2006 6:03am,
Mats would be a backwards step for AK... I hear he's taking thumbtacks and barbed wired to roll on. Extreme Kai? Cactus Kai?

EDIT: I mistyped cactus, cos I'm a dick. I only noticed it in AK's quote-age. Now I'm a dick that edits 8hr old posts.

Airman Kai
10/17/2006 12:20pm,
Can we assume you'll also post video of you being slapped around by your coach?:-P I actually had a video up of me gettin tossed around by him BEFORE he became my official go-to guy for training. It sucked. A lot.

Mats would be a backwards step for AK... I hear he's taking thumbtacks and barbed wired to roll on. Extreme Kai? Catus Kai? Gotta keep it hardcore. I'm just training so that when the time comes, broken glass and lava don't thwart my grappling.

Scrapper
10/17/2006 12:55pm,
Maybe they can get someone your height and in your weight class for you to work with.

(Like, chewbacca or a sasquatch or something...)

Ke?poFist
10/17/2006 2:33pm,
Good luck bro.

Master Bait
10/17/2006 2:45pm,
WHAT!!!

I thought for sure you would join a TKD school!

Goju - Joe
10/17/2006 2:47pm,
Maybe they can get someone your height and in your weight class for you to work with.

(Like, chewbacca or a sasquatch or something...)

Or he could just spar from his knees

Airman Kai
10/17/2006 3:43pm,
WHAT!!!

I thought for sure you would join a TKD school! Well, that's why it took so long! It was a hard choice, but after monthes of consideration, I decided that MMA would be more benificial than TKD. I'm sure that, ten years from now, the what if?s will haunt me day and night.

Also, Post 600. Hurray.

Master Bait
10/17/2006 4:27pm,
Well, that's why it took so long! It was a hard choice, but after monthes of consideration, I decided that MMA would be more benificial than TKD. I'm sure that, ten years from now, the what if?s will haunt me day and night.

Also, Post 600. Hurray.

yeah well.... while you're wasting all your time sparring......... you could be doing something more benefitial like forms and board breaking.

:icon_wink

pauli
10/17/2006 6:05pm,
Jeremy Genin, although yielding no sherdog results, is a fuckin' tank of a dude, and I've seen him fight local area fights twice, both wins.
http://fcfighter.brinkster.net/fighter.asp?FighterID=261571
well, it's better than what's on sherdog.