PDA

View Full Version : Bullshido? Or Legit? San Soo KUNG FU!

TheDarkJester
10/16/2006 7:41pm,
Alright ladies and gents. I've been doing a bit of looking around.. and there is a school in my area that teaches this. The problem though, is not the teacher, but the teachers son. This 22 year old claims this and that about it, and from a conversation I had with him earlier I want to dispel this crap once and for all. The point? IS IT THE REAL DEAL? Is it genuine Kung Fu?

Here's some of the conversation made with this san soo master.

VillainousJester (7:01:04 PM): Does San soo incorporate any animal styles into it?
VillainousJester (7:01:09 PM): or is it just straight san soo?
SanSooGuy (7:01:41 PM): sansoo was incorporated into the animal styles as a metaphorical representation of intent and technique.
VillainousJester (7:02:21 PM): I don't follow.
SanSooGuy (7:02:22 PM): here
SanSooGuy (7:02:23 PM): enjoy
SanSooGuy (7:02:35 PM): want to share a note I received from Sifu Tom Akers (1st generation Master under the late Grandmaster Jimmy H. Woo a.k.a. Laosifu Chen Siu Dek) which shows how accurately and honorably we are working to properly pass our COMPLETE ART on - not just the narrow and naive perspective of 'fighting' only. It may be a bit cryptic for some and I'll be happy to answer any questions I can:

I have never done this before but I am going to recommend a movie, most, I know are not very good. This one with Jet Li playing Hou Yuanjia founder of the Jing Wu Men is different and much closer to history. Jet Li is worth the price of admission alone but as some know the Jing Wu Men or as some old timers will remember the Chin Woo or Mo Moon, which is Cantonese ( Jing Wu Men, Putonghua Mandarin.) This group and our Laoshifu and his Great Uncle Chin Siu Hung were closely connected. Laoshifu great uncle reputation was built on the Lei Tai bouts of the Jing Wu and Later our Chen Laoshifu carried the legend on. Chin Siu Hung ( Chen Zhao Xiong, Putonghua.) Killed several fighters in his bouts, it got so bad our Chen Laoshifu said that there was two years that Great Uncle would go on the Lei Tai salute and challenge everyone but nobody would come up. Laoshifu said everyone would have to make the trip to the gatherings and then leave with No Fights.
This is the third major movie about the Jing Wu Men and the closest one to what the Jing Wu is really about. The first two, Chinese connection with Bruce Lee and fist of legend with Jet Li was more about fighting and battles with the Japanese. You will notice that all three have leading characters who were a important part of the movies and history from the Chin, Chen families ( again different dialects, same family.) Now whether Hou Yuan Jia and Chin Losifu ( another Uncle.) really fought to the death like in this latest movie I am not sure but it is a famous legend, just like the fights with Russian and American boxers and strong men along with the Japanese fighters. Like so many things from history many like to argue but the best thing about this movie is it goes into the concepts of Wude or Martial ethics and character. In Fact the Jing Wu concepts was what Laoshifu had on his desk in El Monte Ca. ( The Art of Kung Fu lies not in victory or defeat but in the building of human character.) The term Jing means righteous, Wu means Martial and Men means group, the Chin Siu Dek Hing Dai Wui ( Chen Shoujue Xiong Di Hui.) with the help of Ha Yaofu our Zhongguo Laoshi have a Banner made in China which reads Zhongguo Jing Wu Men. ( Chinese Jing Wu Association.) This is part of our history and this group along with ALL of the Chen Jia Wushu Guans ( Chen Family Schools) including the Xiong Sheng Guan ( the schools of Laoshifu's great uncle called the Heroic Victory school of Taishan, Hong Kong and other areas.) All these schools were founded on the four pillars of Chinese Martial Arts, Zhong Xia Ren Yi ( Loyalty, Filial Piety, Benevolence and Compassion.) This is what we are supposed to pass on, this will really honor the Ancestors. Just like Hou Yuanjia many of us started off wrong and have had a past of violence, ego and fighting we all should try as he did, to change, to really honor the art and our great Chen Shoujue our Laoshifu so this art can do as he wished, " Spread the art throughout the world so it lives for a thousand generations to come."
Xiexie, Wode Jia, Sifu Akers, Tian Xia Yi Jia, Renren Ping An.

SanSooGuy (7:02:57 PM): san soo is the 'father time' in martial arts
SanSooGuy (7:03:04 PM): seiko omega and rolex are his kids
VillainousJester (7:04:01 PM): interesting...
VillainousJester (7:04:11 PM): So Woo was from Chen village?
SanSooGuy (7:04:15 PM): yup
SanSooGuy (7:04:35 PM): but yeah
SanSooGuy (7:04:36 PM): akers
SanSooGuy (7:04:42 PM): spends thousands a year traveling
VillainousJester (7:04:44 PM): So do ya'll teach Chen family style Taiji at the school?
SanSooGuy (7:04:44 PM): documenting
SanSooGuy (7:04:46 PM): interview
SanSooGuy (7:04:47 PM): ing*
SanSooGuy (7:04:48 PM): etc
SanSooGuy (7:04:51 PM): not @ our location
VillainousJester (7:05:08 PM): Any mantis incorporated into San soo?
VillainousJester (7:05:19 PM): Or is it strictly five animals?
SanSooGuy (7:05:21 PM): we're science, technique, and today's world reality based. as opposed to entirely traditional.
SanSooGuy (7:05:26 PM): sansoo is no animals
SanSooGuy (7:05:34 PM): sansoo is the language - and animal is a dialect
SanSooGuy (7:05:55 PM): its the parent art for all other styles
SanSooGuy (7:06:02 PM): predating everything
VillainousJester (7:06:04 PM): so its older than long fist?
SanSooGuy (7:06:10 PM): 27 centuries old.... Documented
VillainousJester (7:06:17 PM): No way... where can I see that?
(7:06:21 PM): um
VillainousJester (7:06:22 PM): thats very peculiar
(7:06:23 PM): everywhere?
VillainousJester (7:06:28 PM): Like example?
SanSooGuy (7:06:42 PM): all research and examples in books and such have that documented
SanSooGuy (7:06:48 PM): including the dating
SanSooGuy (7:06:53 PM): done by scientists
SanSooGuy (7:07:00 PM): on the texts brought with jimmy woo to the us
VillainousJester (7:07:02 PM): damn... I'm doing a bit of self study and research and I'm looking up as much as I go.
SanSooGuy (7:07:09 PM): but hey, i have to catch a few guys up the hall
VillainousJester (7:07:12 PM): Anything I can order or check out?
SanSooGuy (7:07:53 PM): Sifu ******** [email address withheld] - let him know what you are doing, what your intent is etc and he'll getcha the info and list you need
VillainousJester (7:08:04 PM): much obliged.

I've already sent off an e-mail that was given requesting a copy or any literature related to these '27 century old documents'. Which if memory serves me right, anything 27 centuries old is some damn expensive toilet paper. Members of Bullshido.. this is some interesting **** right here. And I'm determined to get to the bottom of it. Can anyone help me determine if San Soo kung fu is indeed uber-Bullshido? Or is it the divine whoopass?

I can provide e-mail addresses and names of this supposed master if requested. Thank you all for your time. :)

CanucKyokushin
10/16/2006 8:02pm,
Alright ladies and gents. I've been doing a bit of looking around.. and there is a school in my area that teaches this. The problem though, is not the teacher, but the teachers son. This 22 year old claims this and that about it, and from a conversation I had with him earlier I want to dispel this crap once and for all. The point? IS IT THE REAL DEAL? Is it genuine Kung Fu?

:)
Apparently not.Search function!!

San Soo
10/24/2006 8:20pm,

Here's some of the conversation made with this san soo master.

VillainousJester (7:01:04 PM): Does San soo incorporate any animal styles into it?
VillainousJester (7:01:09 PM): or is it just straight san soo?
SanSooGuy (7:01:41 PM): sansoo was incorporated into the animal styles as a metaphorical representation of intent and technique.
VillainousJester (7:02:21 PM): I don't follow.
SanSooGuy (7:02:22 PM): here
SanSooGuy (7:02:23 PM): enjoy
SanSooGuy (7:02:35 PM): want to share a note I received from Sifu Tom Akers (1st generation Master under the late Grandmaster Jimmy H. Woo a.k.a. Laosifu Chen Siu Dek) which shows how accurately and honorably we are working to properly pass our COMPLETE ART on - not just the narrow and naive perspective of 'fighting' only. It may be a bit cryptic for some and I'll be happy to answer any questions I can:

I have never done this before but I am going to recommend a movie, most, I know are not very good. This one with Jet Li playing Hou Yuanjia founder of the Jing Wu Men is different and much closer to history. Jet Li is worth the price of admission alone but as some know the Jing Wu Men or as some old timers will remember the Chin Woo or Mo Moon, which is Cantonese ( Jing Wu Men, Putonghua Mandarin.) This group and our Laoshifu and his Great Uncle Chin Siu Hung were closely connected. Laoshifu great uncle reputation was built on the Lei Tai bouts of the Jing Wu and Later our Chen Laoshifu carried the legend on. Chin Siu Hung ( Chen Zhao Xiong, Putonghua.) Killed several fighters in his bouts, it got so bad our Chen Laoshifu said that there was two years that Great Uncle would go on the Lei Tai salute and challenge everyone but nobody would come up. Laoshifu said everyone would have to make the trip to the gatherings and then leave with No Fights.
This is the third major movie about the Jing Wu Men and the closest one to what the Jing Wu is really about. The first two, Chinese connection with Bruce Lee and fist of legend with Jet Li was more about fighting and battles with the Japanese. You will notice that all three have leading characters who were a important part of the movies and history from the Chin, Chen families ( again different dialects, same family.) Now whether Hou Yuan Jia and Chin Losifu ( another Uncle.) really fought to the death like in this latest movie I am not sure but it is a famous legend, just like the fights with Russian and American boxers and strong men along with the Japanese fighters. Like so many things from history many like to argue but the best thing about this movie is it goes into the concepts of Wude or Martial ethics and character. In Fact the Jing Wu concepts was what Laoshifu had on his desk in El Monte Ca. ( The Art of Kung Fu lies not in victory or defeat but in the building of human character.) The term Jing means righteous, Wu means Martial and Men means group, the Chin Siu Dek Hing Dai Wui ( Chen Shoujue Xiong Di Hui.) with the help of Ha Yaofu our Zhongguo Laoshi have a Banner made in China which reads Zhongguo Jing Wu Men. ( Chinese Jing Wu Association.) This is part of our history and this group along with ALL of the Chen Jia Wushu Guans ( Chen Family Schools) including the Xiong Sheng Guan ( the schools of Laoshifu's great uncle called the Heroic Victory school of Taishan, Hong Kong and other areas.) All these schools were founded on the four pillars of Chinese Martial Arts, Zhong Xia Ren Yi ( Loyalty, Filial Piety, Benevolence and Compassion.) This is what we are supposed to pass on, this will really honor the Ancestors. Just like Hou Yuanjia many of us started off wrong and have had a past of violence, ego and fighting we all should try as he did, to change, to really honor the art and our great Chen Shoujue our Laoshifu so this art can do as he wished, " Spread the art throughout the world so it lives for a thousand generations to come."
Xiexie, Wode Jia, Sifu Akers, Tian Xia Yi Jia, Renren Ping An.

SanSooGuy (7:02:57 PM): san soo is the 'father time' in martial arts
SanSooGuy (7:03:04 PM): seiko omega and rolex are his kids
VillainousJester (7:04:01 PM): interesting...
VillainousJester (7:04:11 PM): So Woo was from Chen village?
SanSooGuy (7:04:15 PM): yup
SanSooGuy (7:04:35 PM): but yeah
SanSooGuy (7:04:36 PM): akers
SanSooGuy (7:04:42 PM): spends thousands a year traveling
VillainousJester (7:04:44 PM): So do ya'll teach Chen family style Taiji at the school?
SanSooGuy (7:04:44 PM): documenting
SanSooGuy (7:04:46 PM): interview
SanSooGuy (7:04:47 PM): ing*
SanSooGuy (7:04:48 PM): etc
SanSooGuy (7:04:51 PM): not @ our location
VillainousJester (7:05:08 PM): Any mantis incorporated into San soo?
VillainousJester (7:05:19 PM): Or is it strictly five animals?
SanSooGuy (7:05:21 PM): we're science, technique, and today's world reality based. as opposed to entirely traditional.
SanSooGuy (7:05:26 PM): sansoo is no animals
SanSooGuy (7:05:34 PM): sansoo is the language - and animal is a dialect
SanSooGuy (7:05:55 PM): its the parent art for all other styles
SanSooGuy (7:06:02 PM): predating everything
VillainousJester (7:06:04 PM): so its older than long fist?
SanSooGuy (7:06:10 PM): 27 centuries old.... Documented
VillainousJester (7:06:17 PM): No way... where can I see that?
(7:06:21 PM): um
VillainousJester (7:06:22 PM): thats very peculiar
(7:06:23 PM): everywhere?
VillainousJester (7:06:28 PM): Like example?
SanSooGuy (7:06:42 PM): all research and examples in books and such have that documented
SanSooGuy (7:06:48 PM): including the dating
SanSooGuy (7:06:53 PM): done by scientists
SanSooGuy (7:07:00 PM): on the texts brought with jimmy woo to the us
VillainousJester (7:07:02 PM): damn... I'm doing a bit of self study and research and I'm looking up as much as I go.
SanSooGuy (7:07:09 PM): but hey, i have to catch a few guys up the hall
VillainousJester (7:07:12 PM): Anything I can order or check out?
SanSooGuy (7:07:53 PM): Sifu ******** [email address withheld] - let him know what you are doing, what your intent is etc and he'll getcha the info and list you need
VillainousJester (7:08:04 PM): much obliged.

I've already sent off an e-mail that was given requesting a copy or any literature related to these '27 century old documents'. Which if memory serves me right, anything 27 centuries old is some damn expensive toilet paper. Members of Bullshido.. this is some interesting **** right here. And I'm determined to get to the bottom of it. Can anyone help me determine if San Soo kung fu is indeed uber-Bullshido? Or is it the divine whoopass?

I can provide e-mail addresses and names of this supposed master if requested. Thank you all for your time. :)

My experience tells me that there are NUTJOBS and BOGUS PRACTITIONERS in every style and system. Probably even in N.Mantis, Pekiti Tirsia.

sempaiman
10/25/2006 8:57am,
If you have to ask the question, then it probably is! Whats the duck saying: If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, ..........

Epicurus
10/25/2006 10:53am,
I don't know too much about Kung-Fu, but here are my two cents on this exchange:
1. This guy sounds like a nutjob/con-man
2. Even if his style IS 27 centuries old... why do you think that would make it really good? If boxing or Judo was invented three years ago I'd still learn it.
3. This guy sounds like a nutjob.