PDA

View Full Version : After 20 years, I'm ready to begin leraning!

Pages : [1] 2

sempaiman
10/16/2006 9:22am,
I get a charge out of the "after 20 years I'll be out of the beginners stage". That is just the party line mumbo-jumbo. If your are not any good after about 5 years there is no hope for you.

Asriel
10/16/2006 9:25am,
I get a charge out of the "after 20 years I'll be out of the beginners stage". That is just the party line mumbo-jumbo. If your are not any good after about 5 years there is no hope for you.
Who are you quoting mate?

sempaiman
10/16/2006 9:49am,
after 20 years or so of solid training, i may like my teacher have attained 5th dan and be 'just getting past the beginners stage'
:p

Sorry, I forgot the quote in question.

JKDChick
10/16/2006 12:17pm,

Can we try to n ot derail the thread with silly bitching about things like this? There are plenty of threads for you to bash BJJ on. Then you can go curl your pubic hair and paint your nails.

sempaiman
10/16/2006 1:59pm,
Can we try to n ot derail the thread with silly bitching about things like this? There are plenty of threads for you to bash BJJ on. Then you can go curl your pubic hair and paint your nails.

I'm not bashing anything. I'm just making a statement. I just hate to hear BS like that. Saying that after 20 or so years, you are ready to learn. That means that you have wasted all that time doing BS stuff. You lost me on that curling hair and nail stuff - JKDTurkey. :qleapfrog :5kidding: :5kidding:

It is Fake
10/16/2006 3:28pm,
I'm not bashing anything. I'm just making a statement. I just hate to hear BS like that. Saying that after 20 or so years, you are ready to learn. That means that you have wasted all that time doing BS stuff. You lost me on that curling hair and nail stuff - JKDTurkey. :qleapfrog :5kidding: :5kidding: Go read the new sticky phrost posted. This forum, MABS, is going to be moderated stronger. Your only three posts have been attacking the "20 years" statement. Now, this is considered trolling inside MABS. So sorry.

Not only is that trolling let see have you posted your ranks or lack there of?

Nope!

So, you aren't contributing either.

Hmmm as of this post you (JKDchick and now me) are causing a thread derail. Please take his post and quote what you don't like in YMAS.

No, this isn't censorship it is putting the correct responses in the correct forums.

sempaiman
10/16/2006 5:59pm,
In another thread, which I don't want to derail, I responded to a comment that said "After 20 years of training, I'll be ready to learn." That statement is used by a lot of guys that spew the same of Martial Arts BS. These are the guys who are willing sweep the floor for 5 years before they are shown a down block. The object of Martial Arts is to learn how to defend yourself and how to fight. If after 5 years of training you can't fight, you are hopeless or in the wrong Art.

mmacount123
10/16/2006 6:01pm,
your thread had flame potential. still does, just not as much now.

this thread is worthless.

sempaiman
10/16/2006 6:08pm,
Go read the new sticky phrost posted. This forum, MABS, is going to be moderated stronger. Your only three posts have been attacking the "20 years" statement. Now, this is considered trolling inside MABS. So sorry.

Not only is that trolling let see have you posted your ranks or lack there of?

Nope!

I thought this forum was for discussion. I just expressed myself to a statement I saw. I attacked no one, and in fact was attacked. If we cannot have a discussion on things posted then this forum is useless.

PS. I started a new thread so that I won't "derail" this one.

sempaiman
10/16/2006 6:22pm,
your thread had flame potential. still does, just not as much now.

this thread is worthless.

So you think pushing a broom for 5 years is OK. Bring something to the table.

Seraphim
10/16/2006 6:32pm,
This thread is worthless because you brought nothing to the table.

What did you expect?

sempaiman
10/16/2006 6:49pm,
This thread is worthless because you brought nothing to the table.

What did you expect?

You're intellect is overwhelming.

Doctor X
10/16/2006 6:51pm,
The stupidity of this thread is overwhelming.

--J.D.

sempaiman
10/16/2006 6:52pm,
The stupidity of this thread is overwhelming.

--J.D.

Play nice, Doc.

alex
10/16/2006 7:15pm,
this thread is a lost cause but i agree if you are "just starting" after twenty years you wasted a fuckload of time. just to throw my 20 cents in there.

roly
10/16/2006 7:28pm,
/attempt to ressurrect doomed thread
i dont think that quote is meant to be taken litterely

when you first learned the armbar you thought "wow, i can do an armbar"
last week when you learned a small variation to make it work better you thought "wow, i just made my armbar better"
in 20 years you will probably still be learning stuff like this.

that is my understanding of the context of the quote