PDA

View Full Version : Samoa Joe can beat Fedor

Pages : [1] 2

Draven
10/16/2006 12:06pm,
I am currently in the middle of an arguement on a Playstation forum. I posted a highlight video from MMA and a video with Fedor and some idiot is actually claiming Pro Wrestlers like "Samoa Joe" could beat most MMA fighters.

samao joe could appear to u to be fat but he is very fast and flexible. and one of is kicks would do as a ko in those crappy wrestling. you should see his combo attack moves. its the best there is

Ah well, just check it out:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/showthread.php?t=33668&page=31

Boyd
10/16/2006 12:15pm,
I am currently in the middle of an arguement on a Playstation forum.

End of thread.

datdamnmachine
10/16/2006 12:17pm,
I am currently in the middle of an arguement on a Playstation forum. I posted a highlight video from MMA and a video with Fedor and some idiot is actually claiming Pro Wrestlers like "Samoa Joe" could beat most MMA fighters.

Ah well, just check it out:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/showthread.php?t=33668&page=31

Don't even waste your time. In fact, depending on your Muay Thai skills and how good you are on the ground, invite the guy to a throwdown and kick his ass. After he wakes up or is having his hyperextended limbs bandaged up, politely explain to him that professional wrestlers who do not fight for real but who mearly "act" with their bodies have no chance against someone who is constantly training with the intent on providing the maximal amount of punishment on their opponents while enduring a minimal amount of damage to themselves.

MEGALEF
10/16/2006 12:23pm,
I am currently in the middle of an arguement on a Playstation forum.
Good luck with that.

End of thread.
Crap.. outsmartassed again.

From Bell2Bell
10/16/2006 12:31pm,
If samoa joe is to fight for real in like ufc then sure he would dominate. its rare to find wrestler who are undefeated. wrestling in not all fake. wrestlers injure themselves alot and take risks.... saying that its all fake is totally wrong and b**s***. Its like saying there is no God or god. well maybe somedays you would know what u think u know but u dont know

Wow... :laughing1 :laughing1 :laughing1

There's no point in trying to reason with someone like that, just point and laugh.

PirateJon
10/16/2006 12:31pm,
Don't even waste your time. In fact, depending on your Muay Thai skills and how good you are on the ground, invite the guy to a throwdown and kick his ass. After he wakes up or is having his hyperextended limbs bandaged up, politely explain to him that professional wrestlers who do not fight for real but who mearly "act" with their bodies have no chance against someone who is constantly training with the intent on providing the maximal amount of punishment on their opponents while enduring a minimal amount of damage to themselves.

It would be amusing for you to tell a pro wrestler that they can't fight "for real".

Goju - Joe
10/16/2006 12:37pm,
Tell him wolverine would kick both their asses

MacWombat
10/16/2006 1:15pm,
Draven, seriously the kid's probably like 11. I'm assuming you're a grown man or close to it, it's pathetic that you are arguing with him and others no matter how wrong he/they might be.

Boyd
10/16/2006 1:23pm,
And in that spirit, challenge him to a Throwdown.

Iscariot
10/16/2006 1:33pm,
And this is in BS because?

Awaiting deportment to TMAS, in 5.....4.....3.....2.....

datdamnmachine
10/16/2006 1:56pm,
It would be amusing for you to tell a pro wrestler that they can't fight "for real".

Some of them can fight, don't get me wrong, all of them are tough SOB's for putting their body on the line like that. Guys like Shamrock who wrestled, and even Sylvester Terkay who is a part of the WWE now, we know they can fight, check their MMA records. Most probably can fight; however, by fight as in "parking lot brawl" or fight as in "compete against a well conditioned highly trained professional fighter" are very different. I'm pretty sure I could beat the dog **** out of many a professional wrestler.

As for saying it to their face, I wouldn't. Not because I couldn't beat them, but because I don't need to start a fight and that is exactly what I would be doing. They tend to be very sensitive about the fact that what they do is fake, regardless of how much athletic ability is required to do it. Plus if you kick a wrestlers ass in real life, a lot of times, it affects their character and can cause them career issues. See all the mess that popped up when Danial Puder kumura'd Kurt Angle doing the Tough Enough competition.

WorldWarCheese
10/16/2006 2:02pm,
See all the mess that popped up when Danial Puder kumura'd Kurt Angle doing the Tough Enough competition.

Not a pro wrestling fan here, it's a load of **** but there was a kimura in one of those things? I must see. ^_^

G8
10/16/2006 2:15pm,
I'm pretty sure I could beat the dog **** out of many a professional wrestler.

Impressive. How big are you?

datdamnmachine
10/16/2006 2:22pm,
Not a pro wrestling fan here, it's a load of **** but there was a kimura in one of those things? I must see. ^_^

I'm starting to watch it less and less myself. I record it and fast foward to the parts I want to see. I have, however, been checking for the results and not even watching it. I will probably give up on it as MMA is just more entertaining to watch.

Basically this is what happened:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2768642435058535138&q=puder+angle

These guys(Puder included) were in a competition to become a pro wrestler. They had ran and worked these guys like dogs then had a rested Kurt Angle(gold medal in wrestling, great creds) come in a wrestle with the guys. As you can see from the video Puder went for a standing Kimura and then performed it from half guard. The ref counted to three and the annoucer said that because this was "pro wrastlin" that his back was on the mat and he was pinned. There was a spin put out that everything was worked to make an MMA fighter(Puder has fought MMA and was on the first Strikeforce card that broke MMA attendance records) look back to a pro wrestler. There was another article from a wrestling insider that stated everything was real and that in order to salvage Kurt Angles reputation as a pro wrestler the ref counted Puder down. You will notice that Puder gets his sholder off the mat before the three count but the ref counts anyways. Also the annouce team did a good job of instant spin during the incident. Once commentator(Tazz) says "So much for the UFC!"(note: Puder has never been in the UFC) and also say that this is a wrestling contest so he shouldn't be on his back, "...stay the hell of your back!".

They needed to save face and also this was around the time that that UFC was gaining a lot of popularity and was seen as a threat to the WWE and Vince McMahan(owner of the WWE) is known for being ruthless at anything he sees as a threat to the point of trying to make the other product look bad. They had to spin it and they did because they still try to present this aura that pro wrestlers at bad-assed and can fight and to have a known(or semi-known) pro fighter dominate Kurt Angle(one of WWE's elite wrestlers at the time) would be(as was in my opinion) a huge blow their that image.

If anyone else wants to elaborate more please do.

Maestro Nobones
10/16/2006 2:43pm,
Basically this is what happened:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2768642435058535138&q=puder+angle

that's the gayest thing I've ever seen since that time I walked past two bums cornholing each other in the park

WorldWarCheese
10/16/2006 4:20pm,
O.O XD Thanks for the info, dude.