PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Everyone

allowaycar
10/16/2006 9:23am,
Newbie to the forum. Just wanting to say high.

Always been interested in combat of many forms. I've also always been a big guy, and decided to do something I'm interested in to get in better shape. Will be joining a boxing gym in my area and will move on from there.

Asriel
10/16/2006 9:39am,
Hi Allowaycar, have you any previous MA experience?

PirateJon
10/16/2006 12:43pm,

Always been interested in combat of many forms. I've also always been a big guy, and decided to do something I'm interested in to get in better shape. Will be joining a boxing gym in my area and will move on from there.

You have chosen wisely.

From Bell2Bell
10/16/2006 12:58pm,

Boxing is a great idea:icon_twis Welcome to the site.

MacWombat
10/16/2006 1:12pm,
Not that it's a big concern, but make sure they spar. My friend joined a boxing gym once and SAID they didn't spar. It's not horribly reliable, but there probably are some boxing gyms that don't do it (so make sure you find one of the many that do).

From Bell2Bell
10/16/2006 1:37pm,
Not that it's a big concern, but make sure they spar. My friend joined a boxing gym once and SAID they didn't spar. It's not horribly reliable, but there probably are some boxing gyms that don't do it (so make sure you find one of the many that do).

I can't imagine a boxing gym that competes that doesn't spar:shock:

MacWombat
10/16/2006 1:54pm,
I never said they competed. Also, he was only there for a few months, so he could have meant that HE didn't spar, but the way he said it led me to believe that they didn't spar. It's hardly important as long as allowaycar finds one of the 99.99999999% of schools that does spar.

allowaycar
10/16/2006 5:02pm,
Nope, I have no real MA experience.

Thanks for the advice on looking for a gym. I plan on putting together a list of all the gyms in my area and going and talking to the operators. Try to find some good knowledgable people who are willing to work with someone totally inexperienced.

sochin101
10/16/2006 5:08pm,
That's a good start...
Good luck, and welcome to Bullshido.