PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations DngRuss;

Pages : [1] 2

Omega Supreme
10/15/2006 2:03pm,
DngRuss just spent 6 hours yesterday keeping up with a bunch of little young pups (DngRuss is a bit over...*ahem 30 *snicker ... and about 100 lbs bigger than me) to earn, EARN I SAY, his fifth degree black belt. A man his size should not be moving like that.

He did not put me up to this (but his wife did buy a lot of good sushi) so here it goes: DngRuss will now be starting a federation for combat non gaytastic Korean Martial Arts. With emphasis in true groundfighting, full contact and overall combat sport competiveness as well as practical self-defense. DngRuss has trained with one of the top Shooto instructors in the country, fought Dog Brothers, his students have fought well in amateur MMA and he was the ref in my last MMA smoker that I promoted.

So congratulatioins you big Santa with a blackbelt (I'm not joking he really looks like Santa)

Truculent Sheep
10/15/2006 2:07pm,
So congratulatioins you big Santa with a blackbelt (I'm not joking he really looks like Santa)

...And if children are naughty, he'll put them in an armbar!

CanucKyokushin
10/15/2006 2:09pm,
:icon_bigs

Matsufubu
10/15/2006 7:13pm,
5th degree in what?

Omega Supreme
10/15/2006 7:23pm,
5th degree in what?

Oh, you don't know DngRuss? He does Hapkido.

Matsufubu
10/15/2006 7:38pm,
Recognise the name, can't be arsed to search.

Congrats, that's a high rank.

So who wins in a fight between Omega and DngRuss?

Grashnak
10/15/2006 7:44pm,
Don't you have to buy your way into at least 3 martial arts halls of fame before you can start your own federation?

:toothy6:

Grats to anyone who can get Omega to say nice things about them on Bullshido!
Respect!

Steve
10/15/2006 7:54pm,
Congrats, DngRuss!

CanucKyokushin
10/15/2006 9:21pm,
Oh, you don't know DngRuss? He does Hapkido.
If you do Kung-fu and he's Hap instructor.How is it that your students came by going to fight him for his 5th dan?Have you known him a long time?

Omega Supreme
10/15/2006 10:28pm,
If you do Kung-fu and he's Hap instructor.How is it that your students came by going to fight him for his 5th dan?Have you known him a long time?

Who said my students fought him? I sat on his testing board and signed his certificate. Everybody's limited idea of what I do for kung-fu is quite humerous.

I've known DngRuss for nearly 16 years now, I've known his instructor for 20.

Neildo
10/16/2006 12:01pm,
Congrats Russ.

DngrRuss1
10/16/2006 2:49pm,
Wow- Thanks Omega and everyone else for the kind words. Now that I have come out of my Aleve and TigerBalm coma, it is time to go back to work and not let my students see me cry and whimper from the pain. So let me say this here:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

There. I feel better now.

Thanks again to Omega and all the panel members- 2 of whom traveled a long way (WA and ID)- who sat on this test. It was a really good day and I am very proud of the efforts of my students. I must say, though, you could really tell who the old guys were by the time the kick-dril came around- what a slopfestival.

Thanks again.

Scrapper
10/16/2006 3:08pm,
Well done, sir!

But I just bought an 8th degree black belt from Ashida Kim, and I didn't get hurt at all.

BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!

DngrRuss1
10/16/2006 3:14pm,
Well done, sir!

But I just bought an 8th degree black belt from Ashida Kim, and I didn't get hurt at all.

BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!

Jesus... Why didn't I think of that. All the paper, none of the pain. I do bow to your superiority oh mighty ScrapperSensei.

sochin101
10/16/2006 3:39pm,
Congrats, DngrRuss.
5th dan? That's like... moving from one organisation to another four times... Imagine the paperwork, the new badges, explaining to the students why you're bowing to a different picture on the wall this week...

Wait.. you EARNED it? The old-fashioned way? Nice.

Seriously, respect.

Doctor X
10/16/2006 3:41pm,
Would you like to be a "Soke?"

I can get you a "soke."

All of the cool MAs are "sokes."

You want to be cool, right?

--J.D.

P.S. Congratulations!