PDA

View Full Version : I need some help..

Raven_J
10/13/2006 1:58pm,
Im really new to the MA scene, so bare with me. I started out training at the bujinkan which I realized it wasnt for me. I know a lot of you dont really have anything good to say about TKD but im interested in it and i need some help. Im thinking about starting to train at this place www.kilstkd.com and i want to know what everyone thinks about it. Thank you

Omega Supreme
10/13/2006 2:04pm,
You'll need a lot of psychological help if you think moving from the bujinkan to that crap ass group of schools is a better mver. Jeezus dude why don't you take up knitting or ballet. Are you in 12 years old because if you are go ahead and get that crap out of your system but if you're an adult starting behaving like one, in other words grow some testicular fortitude and take up a real martial art at a real martial arts school.

Fucking fuckety **** ****....

Now I'm going to have to take out my frustrations on the next person who walks through my doors.

Raven_J
10/13/2006 2:15pm,
Wow, thanks. What is a real "martial art" master? I went into the bujinkan with no knowledge of it at all. Im not trying to fluant my ego by saying "i practice the ultimate kung fu!". I just want some physical activity while im a full time student. Ive always been interested in martial arts so I chose that as my activity choice. Anything beats sitting in a dorm. Thanks for your help.

Omega Supreme
10/13/2006 2:26pm,
Okay, since you passed the first test, let's start out by asking what you hope to accomplish or seek with MA training. Like I said, if you were 12 year old and starting I wouldn't say anything but I figured you were a bit older.

Uechidude
10/13/2006 4:03pm,
Wow, thanks. What is a real "martial art" master? I went into the bujinkan with no knowledge of it at all. Im not trying to fluant my ego by saying "i practice the ultimate kung fu!". I just want some physical activity while im a full time student. Ive always been interested in martial arts so I chose that as my activity choice. Anything beats sitting in a dorm. Thanks for your help. Well if your looking for a decent Cardio Workout, then by all means sign up....btw read their contract carefully. If your looking for a "MA" to be a bit more "realistic" then do a google search on schools in your area that teach. Muay thai, Jujitsu, judo, MMA *Mixed Martial Arts*, Uechi Ryu, maybe boxing. Either way, as Omega put it.....its up to you , and what you expect to gain from your choice.

Doctor X
10/13/2006 4:16pm,
Or you could just kill your[Newbietown!--Ed.]

Oh . . . yes . . . you could define the specifics of what "you want" from a martial art. Exercise? Striking? "Self-defense?" Competition? Throws/Takedowns? Kicking? Hot Chicks?

Also something about yourself helps. Notice the difference responses:

Hi! I'm a 245 lb 6 ft 4 inch former NFL linebacker and Navy Seal lol who would like to expand my self defense experience.

Have you considered Wing Chun?

Hi! I'm a 75 lb 5 ft 11 inch ranked chess master and high scorer on Mortal Kombat lol who bleeds frequently from my mucous membranes.

Have you considered Wing Chun?

See?

:pool:

--J.D.

consua
10/13/2006 5:11pm,
What's wrong with what you have at the school (I'm assuming college)? Isn't there at least 1-2 martial arts classes on campus?

chingythingy
10/13/2006 9:22pm,
Why don't you post up your options here and all the very friendly bullshido enthusiasts will use scorecards to rate them like a Howard Stern buttaface competition.

Raven_J
10/14/2006 2:32pm,
Im 6 ft 180lbs, and Im coordinated. What im looking for is something that focuses on striking with a little bit of grappling. Im not into the ground game as of yet. What I want out of it is good self defense and a workout. Competition I dont really care about, but I do want something that has sparring. Im going to repost some of the MA places in my area.

Raven_J
10/14/2006 3:02pm,
Ok I did some research in my area and I found this link http://a2amas.com/
It seems to be good. Im debating on doing either one of the karates or the kung fu. I couldnt find if they spar or not, ill just have to contact them. Give me your thoughts on that place, thank you.

Iscariot
10/14/2006 3:09pm,
Im 6 ft 180lbs, and Im coordinated. What im looking for is something that focuses on striking with a little bit of grappling. Im not into the ground game as of yet. What I want out of it is good self defense and a workout. Competition I dont really care about, but I do want something that has sparring. Im going to repost some of the MA places in my area.
Go find a Muay Thai place.

You'll thank me.

colonelpong2
10/16/2006 11:54pm,
Go find a Muay Thai place.

You'll thank me.

AMEN. Words of wisdom

jill666
10/17/2006 12:18am,
If you want a clean, well-lit place teaching a potpourri of Asian martial arts to whites for $50-100 a month, this looks like your cup of green tea. If you want a workout and to fight, look for a local boxing club, or MT as the man said. Get dirty. Talk to others, visit other clubs. Go to seminars. I'd advise against a full-service, all-in-one dojo unless you're sure you want to be there for a few years and can train several days a week there for your monthly fee. Otherwise you might as well go to a chain gym- they have hot water and protein shakes.

MacWombat
10/17/2006 12:29am,
What's wrong with what you have at the school (I'm assuming college)? Isn't there at least 1-2 martial arts classes on campus?

At my college, we don't have a wrestling team and we have one martial arts club. Somehow I seem to be becoming one of the moderators. I have four months of BJJ. That's it. I don't think I'm qualified to instruct at all. (I basically keep showing what guard, mount, half-guard, and side-mount are over and over).

Basically my real purpose is to promote the importance of sparring and the fact that if you really want to learn you should find a real school and train there. Anyway, my point is that not all colleges have good MA clubs.

Oh, and based on what you want Muay Thai does seem to fit you pretty well.

Japolo
10/17/2006 1:19am,
You'll need a lot of psychological help if you think moving from the bujinkan to that crap ass group of schools is a better mver. Jeezus dude why don't you take up knitting or ballet. Are you in 12 years old because if you are go ahead and get that crap out of your system but if you're an adult starting behaving like one, in other words grow some testicular fortitude and take up a real martial art at a real martial arts school.

Fucking fuckety **** ****....

This is why I so badly wish that Bullshido had been around when I was a young dumb ex-Buj in college. I could have had some sense reamed into me and avoided wasting years of my life.

Enlightenment is what you seek, young Padawan. Click here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2068450760833041053&q=Matt+Thornton+aliveness) and it shall be yours.

P.S.: If you can't find Muay Thai in your area, see if you can find some San Shou. San Shou is a sparring ruleset associated with Chinese Martial Arts that incorporates kicboxing, takedowns, and judo-type throws, but doesn't have groundfighting.