PDA

View Full Version : Any one know Hidy Ochiai rank?

sempaiman
10/11/2006 12:12pm,
I'm just wondering if anyone knows Hidy Ochiai's rank. Last I knew I thought it was 7th dan, but who would promote him?

datdamnmachine
10/11/2006 12:53pm,
I'm just wondering if anyone knows Hidy Ochiai's rank. Last I knew I thought it was 7th dan, but who would promote him?

Lack of information:

Who is he?

What martial art does he practice?

Does he run a school? If so what is the school's name/web address?

Any particular reason why you are curious about his rank, him in general?

Are you a former student/friend/lover/pool boy of said individual?

Thos last two questions are because many people come on here with a grudge against someone hoping members of bullshido will gang up on the person.

plasma
10/11/2006 4:16pm,
Alot of info on him here http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26180&highlight=washin

sempaiman
10/11/2006 4:44pm,
Lack of information:

Who is he?

What martial art does he practice?

Does he run a school? If so what is the school's name/web address?

Any particular reason why you are curious about his rank, him in general?

Are you a former student/friend/lover/pool boy of said individual?

Thos last two questions are because many people come on here with a grudge against someone hoping members of bullshido will gang up on the person.

Sorry about that. He probably would be offended somebody does not know who he is. He is the Washin Ryu master in Binghamton, NY. His history is a bit vague. He says he was 4th dan when he came to US, He then went back to his Temple a few years later to get his fifth. He always talked about the temple, but one of his students said he is going over to Japan, asked where temple is so he can visit it. Ochiai said it had burned down. He never mentions his rank and never listed any progressions. I'm just curious.

theraab
4/17/2008 3:20pm,
Sensei Hidy Ochiai is an 8th Dan. He opened up his first Dojo in Johnson City, NY (to the best of my recollection) in 1965? Currently his Washin-Ryu National Headquarters is in Vestal, NY. I studied at Washin-Ryu's National Headquarter for twelve years before relocating to Colorado. Sensei Ochiai is a two time member of Black Belt Magazine's Hall of Fame, and extensive biographical information about his life and credentials are out there (printed and online).

sempaiman
4/17/2008 5:23pm,
Thanks, but who promoted him from 4th dan to 8th dan.....

plasma
4/17/2008 5:45pm,
he was a shotokan 3rd or 4th dan and been self promoting himself through his made up karate temple