PDA

View Full Version : We want to see the Ninja beatdown at the Orangeville fight club

Kungfoolss
9/23/2006 12:15pm,
Students blame boredom for Orangeville fight videos

by MATT SMITH, Citizen contributor

The story goes that one kid turned up for the fight hanging onto the open trunk of a Volkswagen Beetle wearing a ninja costume. :ninja7: Until then, there was nothing remarkable about the lunch hour crowd of Grade 12 guys hanging out by the doors of the indoor hockey arena across the street from Orangeville District secondary school. After leaping from the trunk of the car and attacking his challenger :ninjafigh , the ninja ended up pummeled and beaten on the ground. :boxing:

“It was pretty sweet,” one of the spectators said later. “It was good fun.” Most students weren't willing to give their names.

What has police and parents shocked is not that schoolyard scores were settled before a hooting, cheering crowd – but that videos of the melees ended up online on YouTube courtesy of camera phones and hand-held digital video cameras the students own themselves. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBcZtRZF8X4) YouTube is massively popular website open to the public to post their own videos. Media reports have dubbed the organized bouts a type of teenage “fight club,” but the kids at Orangeville school – which sits about 45 minutes north of Toronto – have a different take.

“Ahh, those were just little kids kicking each other in the face,” said another Orangeville student, who also didn’t want to be identified. “The good stuff wasn’t aired, like the ninja fight.”

Ontario's Liberal government has said there’s little lawmakers can do to stop students from brawling at school and then posting the videos on the Internet. Since they consented to the fights, police in Orangeville have said their hands are tied. Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty said the responsibility rests with parents – who should school their children in proper behaviour - rather than the provincial legislature. In Orangeville, kids said the real solution might be to alleviate their boredom. “Half of the fights are planned beforehand because we’re bored,” said 17-year-old Lorne Roney. “I’m bored. The fights are fun to watch and do.”

Grade 12 student Cillian Wilcoy said she likes to boast about her conquests. “I just finished fighting with a couple of grade tens,” said the 17-year-old. “They wanted my ring so I pulled some of my black belt moves on them. I took two of them down outside on school grounds and I think I gave one of them a broken nose.” Roney said the fights are orchestrated for show, but Wilcoy disagreed. She pointed to the images that have since been pulled from YouTube, which she said showed the kids fighting for real. “The fights aren’t organized,” says Wilcoy. “They happen more like, ‘hey’ do you want a fight, let’s go.’ If you don’t like it, then there’s nothing to do.”

Another student says that seven or eight fights happen every week at the school, then downplayed what she called the hysteria over the YouTube video. “It’s all hype,” she said. “People fight like this all the time and other people video it and post it on the Internet.” Students said the fights are an extra-curricular activity they’ve come up with on their own because there isn’t much for teens to do in Orangeville. The organized activities available for them in their spare time, they said, are the anime club or hockey, which doesn’t begin for a few weeks.

“What the school board should do is offer more regular activities,” said Roney. He said his younger brother is also involved in the fighting, “even though he is going through pain. “Kids start hitting him, he would use his karate as self defense.” Students say that many teachers were aware of the fighting and did little, other than suspend some of the combatants for a few days. Others claim they know of students who have been charged by the police for their actions.

“My brother got into a fight last year because someone said he was gay,” another said. “He was nearly charged.” A female student said her ex-boyfriend beat up her brother and was charged with assault.

http://live.canoe.ca/Words/News/YourStories/2006/09/22/1879425.html

TehDeadlyDimMak
9/23/2006 2:24pm,
I love it when teenagers fight like that. It makes me feel so good about myself.

CanucKyokushin
9/23/2006 2:48pm,
What's really interesting is that most of the fights wer among private school students.

CanucKyokushin
9/23/2006 2:56pm,
I love it when teenagers fight like that. It makes me feel so good about myself.
So long as both as willing and up for it.Althought, I wonder how much peer-pressure and the minute chance of banging the hottest chick in school has anything do to with it.

JohnnyCache
9/23/2006 3:29pm,
Based on the low number of surrenders seen in the videos, I think they represent a good step forward for the martial arm of french-speaking humanity.

JohnnyCache
9/23/2006 3:45pm,
On a serious note, if their parents can afford private school, why don't they afford a boxing coach and some gear? I mean, why be so horrified your kid is actually doing something, when you could spin it into something productive instead?

CanucKyokushin
9/23/2006 3:51pm,
On a serious note, if their parents can afford private school, why don't they afford a boxing coach and some gear? I mean, why be so horrified your kid is actually doing something, when you could spin it into something productive instead?
Their parents don't want their kids to be violent.They expect them to grow into outstanding members of society and become accountants,entrepreneurs or preferably lawyers.

jerik22
7/20/2008 10:31pm,
Odss and westside hate each other and i sean, go to odss to fight almost every day now. it is funney winning money there just before school was over i bet these three guys 50$ each that i chould kick their asses all at the same time and haha all they threw where heymakers and about 4-5 proper stright punches and a few kicks later it was all over wow odss kids are stoned pussies

AlphaFoxtrot51
7/20/2008 10:43pm,
Odss and westside hate eachother and i s am going to odss to fight almost every day now. it is funney winning money there just before school was over i bet these three guys 50$ each that i chould kick their asses all at the same time and haha all they threw where heymakers and about 4-5 proper stright punches and a few kicks later it was all over wow odss kids are stoned pussies

What the **** does this say??

KO'd N DOA
7/22/2008 4:20pm,
Odss and westside hate each other and i sean, go to odss to fight almost every day now. it is funney winning money there just before school was over i bet these three guys 50$ each that i chould kick their asses all at the same time and haha all they threw where heymakers and about 4-5 proper stright punches and a few kicks later it was all over wow odss kids are stoned pussies

Translation:

ODSS (Orangeville District Secondary School )and Orangeville Westside Secondary School, are rival schools in our 1 pony hick town. My name is Sean and I go to ODSS to fight (my erotic desires and urges) every day, but I should have gone to english class.

It is fun to earn money at ODSS, as just before the end of school I told these three guys that I could handle their asses all at the same time for $50 each. They threw some hay on the ground for comfort, gave me 4 to 5 proper straight (he he) punches and threw in some kicks for good measure. Then they had their way with me and threw $150 on me before they left. Hope they come back tomorrow, The ODSS kids are like WOW - rock kittens.

It is Fake
7/22/2008 4:41pm,
all they threw where heymakers
http://www.fleming-agri.co.uk/Images/Products/Haybob%205.jpg

Wow u coulda bin kilt. They is hulk strong.

AlphaFoxtrot51
7/22/2008 8:05pm,
Translation:

ODSS (Orangeville District Secondary School )and Orangeville Westside Secondary School, are rival schools in our 1 pony hick town. My name is Sean and I go to ODSS to fight (my erotic desires and urges) every day, but I should have gone to english class.

It is fun to earn money at ODSS, as just before the end of school I told these three guys that I could handle their asses all at the same time for $50 each. They threw some hay on the ground for comfort, gave me 4 to 5 proper straight (he he) punches and threw in some kicks for good measure. Then they had their way with me and threw $150 on me before they left. Hope they come back tomorrow, The ODSS kids are like WOW - rock kittens.

Ok, thanks

AeroChica
7/22/2008 8:28pm,
Orangeville? Ninjas in ORANGEVILLE? WTF?

<shakes head>

:qgreenjum

Hey, can I sic some of you winners on my snooty-ass cousin?

KO'd N DOA
7/23/2008 12:26pm,
Orangeville? Ninjas in ORANGEVILLE? WTF?

<shakes head>

Hey, can I sic some of you winners on my snooty-ass cousin?

Ninjas are between 3- 5 years old. How old is your cousin, and how many Ninjas would it take to make it interesting? 10- 30- 100?

http://coleman.myhosting.net/johaniskarate/little_ninjas_poster.html

To be fair, they have Ninjas, RGDA BJJ add on program, and they had Royce Gracie there once upon a time.

AeroChica
7/23/2008 4:50pm,
Ninjas are between 3- 5 years old. How old is your cousin, and how many Ninjas would it take to make it interesting? 10- 30- 100?

http://coleman.myhosting.net/johaniskarate/little_ninjas_poster.html

To be fair, they have Ninjas, RGDA BJJ add on program, and they had Royce Gracie there once upon a time.

Honestly, the little cutie on the front page should be able to take her. Maybe my cousing could be the pinata at their next birthday party?

KO'd N DOA
7/24/2008 9:26am,
Honestly, the little cutie on the front page should be able to take her. Maybe my cousing could be the pinata at their next birthday party?

O'ville vs O'ville I can see it now.

Lets call the bookmaker and a promoter and make this happen.

The problem is you have to bring your own cake! BYOC.

But at $175.00 a b-day show, I'm sure you will find someone on Bullshido to come and beat the cute lil' buggers fer ya dressed as a ninja or an ass who needs a tail.