PDA

View Full Version : differences between

STFPjct
9/19/2006 11:24am,
Are sanshou and sanda the same thing?

How does leitai compare to these systems?

Asriel
9/19/2006 11:44am,
I always thought they were the same thing but I could be wrong.

Ronin.74
9/19/2006 11:51am,
They are essentially the same thing these days. I have read that originally Sanshou was the actual training of the techniques and that Sanda was actually applying them in competition. I have never heard a mainland Chinese use the term Sanshou, I have only heard them use Sanda, but that' just in my experience.

I thought leitai was just the platform used for the fights. Leitai competition rules I believe are different than SanDa competition rules in that in Leitai rules it is possible to knock your opponent off the platform for a win (not really sure here), where as in SanDa they are fighting in a boxing ring.

Also rules for SanDa competitions can vary event to event, some allow knees some don't etc.

STFPjct
9/19/2006 11:56am,
How does it compare to muay thai?

And also, which one has more kicks to the head, scissor kicks, etc.?

Jer!
9/19/2006 12:03pm,
How does it compare to muay thai?

And also, which one has more kicks to the head, scissor kicks, etc.?

Sanshou has more throws than MT but lacks the elbows and knees. Nither are particularly known for high kicks,exept in regard to specific fighters. A Leitai is just a raised platform for fighting on, not a style or rule set, there are no ropes and you can win by throwing someone off, other than that you could have any rules but i've only seen them used to wrestle on (exept in Jet Li films).

HearWa
9/19/2006 4:46pm,
This has been discussed to death. Use the search function.