PDA

View Full Version : Would like to introduce myself

mdangerlo
9/17/2006 6:22pm,
I have always been a small guy and I weigh 130-135 now. In 9th grade I started wrestling for my high school at 95 pounds and graduated wrestling 112's varsity. I wrestled my freshman year at college but was destroyed because I simply liked the hardcore foundation everyone else on the team had. After taking two years off to lift weights, I joined school's new BJJ club, which was sorta a casual club for ex-wrestlers to dominate non-grappling mortals.

It wasn't until this past June that i got quality bjj instruction. Even though I am only a white belt, I am beating the people larger than me because wrestling has taught me fitness, scramble, and takedowns. At the NAGA Battle At the Beach (first naga), I choked out my first opponent and then lost in overtime to the eventual champion. Stupid sandbaggers.

I joined the forum today because I have been watching your clips for a year now, but only recently have I realized how much bullshido there is out there. Our college has a japanese ju-jitsue club that only teaches standing wrist locks and involves talking instead of actual rolling. So I decided to beat up on the guys that have been training their for a year, one of which is 240 pounds (armbar from my guard). Two days before that, I tapped out a 205 at my local dojo with a rear naked.

Ken (Brolli on this forum) is the buff 149 that runs the bjj club at my old college. When new kids come in, I'm sent in as the assassin to neck crank them and prove that being tough and skillfull on the ground is more important than being big and knowing fake strikes. He has changed my middle name to "Danger". Someday, you will all see videos of me on YouTube.

Steve
9/17/2006 6:50pm,
I have always been a small guy and I weigh 130-135 now. In 9th grade I started wrestling for my high school at 95 pounds and graduated wrestling 112's varsity. I wrestled my freshman year at college but was destroyed because I simply liked the hardcore foundation everyone else on the team had. After taking two years off to lift weights, I joined school's new BJJ club, which was sorta a casual club for ex-wrestlers to dominate non-grappling mortals.

It wasn't until this past June that i got quality bjj instruction. Even though I am only a white belt, I am beating the people larger than me because wrestling has taught me fitness, scramble, and takedowns. At the NAGA Battle At the Beach (first naga), I choked out my first opponent and then lost in overtime to the eventual champion. Stupid sandbaggers.

I joined the forum today because I have been watching your clips for a year now, but only recently have I realized how much bullshido there is out there. Our college has a japanese ju-jitsue club that only teaches standing wrist locks and involves talking instead of actual rolling. So I decided to beat up on the guys that have been training their for a year, one of which is 240 pounds (armbar from my guard). Two days before that, I tapped out a 205 at my local dojo with a rear naked.

Ken (Brolli on this forum) is the buff 149 that runs the bjj club at my old college. When new kids come in, I'm sent in as the assassin to neck crank them and prove that being tough and skillfull on the ground is more important than being big and knowing fake strikes. He has changed my middle name to "Danger". Someday, you will all see videos of me on YouTube.

Wow, you sound like you are teh greatest.

Welcome to Bullshido, anyway... I guess.

Kregger
9/17/2006 11:03pm,
Just don't get so obsessed with groundwork that you neglect the rest.

Welcome.

pauli
9/17/2006 11:20pm,
When new kids come in, I'm sent in as the assassin to neck crank themo_O

who decided that was a good policy, again?