PDA

View Full Version : Conversation from the train......

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

TKD Black Belt
8/30/2006 3:27pm,
"Well when someone attacks with a knife you can always circle out to the opposite side and then you just have to punch them in the side of the neck and this makes their arm go numb. Then you can take the knife and go from there."

This initially peeked my curiosity. Then I heard this,

"Sifu (can't remember the name) showed us at a seminar how this works. He said that all knife fights start with a thrust and that you can always do this."

Is it just me or does this strike anyone else as wrong? I tried to make my way across the aisle to try and talk with these guys but they got off at the next stop.

So there I was, heading to a meeting and feeling powerfully compelled to chase these two idiots down and set them straight. Is this the influence of bullshido on me or did I always have this need to attack stupidity?

TKD

CaliKyle
8/30/2006 4:17pm,
Okay, I don't train and even I know that's bulls*hit. "All knife fights start with a thrust"? And I really liked the "When he lunges at you, sidestep him and hit him in the neck, causing his arm to go numb."

I can't even go on. They were exactly the kind of idiots that the experienced people on this site love to thrash on. And I love to watch it happen.

alex
8/30/2006 4:32pm,
i once saw these two painfull skinny white guys walking around in a mall wearing some kind of ninjitsu club shirts and black pants, carrying swords in leather cases (i **** you not)

I pointed at them, yelled NINJERS! and me and my mate started laughing hysterically, but obviously this insult to their honour wasn't enough to provoke any ninja wrath.

RaiNnyX4
8/30/2006 4:56pm,
i once saw these two painfull skinny white guys walking around in a mall wearing some kind of ninjitsu club shirts and black pants, carrying swords in leather cases (i **** you not)

I pointed at them, yelled NINJERS! and me and my mate started laughing hysterically, but obviously this insult to their honour wasn't enough to provoke any ninja wrath.

Skinny white ninjas...in the mall!!! You caught the most distinguished breed in their natural habitat!!! You should have tranquilized one and tagged it for research purposes!

TehDeadlyDimMak
8/30/2006 5:06pm,
Mercy killing would be more appropriate.

Orange
8/30/2006 11:16pm,
haha my god

I really start to worry. I wonder how the fight will turn out when they actually try that one day.... bad thought to imagine :(

RunningDog
8/30/2006 11:35pm,
It's always tempting to chime in on strangers' stupid conversations with "excuse me, but you're a moron," but you can only really do that on the internet.

TKD Black Belt
8/30/2006 11:58pm,
http://www.swordplayla.com/images/characters/ninja-xl.jpg

Upon returning to your car this is what you see!

TKD

Poop Loops
8/31/2006 1:50am,
"Well when someone attacks with a knife you can always circle out to the opposite side and then you just have to punch them in the side of the neck and this makes their arm go numb. Then you can take the knife and go from there."

This initially peeked my curiosity. Then I heard this,

"Sifu (can't remember the name) showed us at a seminar how this works. He said that all knife fights start with a thrust and that you can always do this."

Is it just me or does this strike anyone else as wrong? I tried to make my way across the aisle to try and talk with these guys but they got off at the next stop.

So there I was, heading to a meeting and feeling powerfully compelled to chase these two idiots down and set them straight. Is this the influence of bullshido on me or did I always have this need to attack stupidity?

TKD

You should have pulled out a knife and sliced them. Irony wins again!

Silvan
8/31/2006 5:21am,
http://www.swordplayla.com/images/characters/ninja-xl.jpg

Upon returning to your car this is what you see!

TKD

He's not even wearing Tabi, disgraceful

Majik_Stu
8/31/2006 8:13am,
"You should have pulled out a knife and sliced them. Irony wins again!"

ROFLMAO, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day!

n00b
8/31/2006 10:35am,
What is it about ninja training that causes flabby shapeless arms?

Asriel
8/31/2006 11:34am,

You should have yelled WANKERS! But only if you were ready to dive out the way of the poison Shuriken and smoke bombs.

Asriel
8/31/2006 11:36am,
What is it about ninja training that causes flabby shapeless arms?
The lack of any real training? I mean how hard can it be on your arms running around in the dark and posting on the Ashida Kim Boards?

sochin101
8/31/2006 4:00pm,
I hate **** like "oh the best way to disarm someone who has a knife is..."
I remember this guy who brought his son to our club telling me that his son (12 years old, if I remember right) had done "self defence" and could defend against knives and swords and sticks and so on, but he wanted him to learn some more self defence (against rocket powered grenades, I assume), and for his son to get some belts.
I told him that after he'd watched our class, to go home and to attack his son with a blunt kitchen knife, left handed, and I bet him whatever he liked that his son couldn't defend himself. He looked at me funny, but I told him to consider it homework.
Turns out that on the first attempt, the son didn't even react, because his dad had the knife "in the wrong hand". Second attempt the son turned into the knife. I think the third attempt brought tears of frustration and kinda sealed it for the dad.
He came back next week, and asked me what it proved. I told him it proved that his son would die if he didn't get it out of his head that sidestep-chop-pause-wristgrab-chop was an effective way of getting a knife off someone. The shade of white the guy went was satisfying. He asked me what knife defence we teach. I told him that we'd teach knife defence when there was one. He didn't enrol his kid. I can live with that.
Incidentally, Russ, the senior instructor: not pleased with my sales pitch. :-)

JKDChick
8/31/2006 4:08pm,
God, I remember being at a transit terminal, all dolled up like a real girl for some party, and seeing these three white teens "attacking" each other with a plastic coke bottle so that the one guy could prove it was easy to disarm someone with a knife. Thing was the "attack" was the huge over arm windmill thing, and the defense was the grab -- yeah, GRAB -- the descending hand with your fingers out (also called "how I broke my thumb backwards") and kind of wrestle with the fingers till the fat, slippery bottle fell out of the hand.

I don't think they understood why this chick on the otherside of the terminal was convulsing with laughter.