PDA

View Full Version : How do you start conditioning your shins for MT?

Pages : [1] 2

Vulgar42Ox
8/28/2006 10:09pm,
Ive been taking jkd, and just started jiu jitsu this week, im reading a book about muay thai at the moment, and it shows them blocking leg kciks by raising there shins, how do you guys condition your shins? doenst it hurt rediculously to smash your shin against another guys shin kick? any insight on how to condition your shin woulud be greatly appreciated, sorry about the noob question. thanks in advance.

Vulgar42Ox
8/28/2006 10:17pm,
and yes i did look for it in the book im reading but its just talking about techniques and history and hasnt mentioned conditioning legs, unless im just retarded and cant find it

CanucKyokushin
8/28/2006 11:58pm,
......doenst it hurt rediculously to smash your shin against another guys shin kick?
Thanks for that bit.You made me spit-out cereal all over my monitor.

Search function noob.

Torakaka
8/29/2006 12:05am,
Ive been taking jkd, and just started jiu jitsu this week, im reading a book about muay thai at the moment, and it shows them blocking leg kciks by raising there shins, how do you guys condition your shins? doenst it hurt rediculously to smash your shin against another guys shin kick?

Yes, yes it does. Train muay thai for a while and it won't be as bad. Basically you just have to not be a ***** and deal with it.

alex
8/29/2006 12:11am,
kicking teh bag and not being a *****

manitobamantis
8/29/2006 2:20am,
try seasoning salt.

inimitable_1
8/29/2006 3:12am,
Yes and hit your shins repeatedly with a meat tenderizer untill bleeding and then rinse and repeat untill you can't walk. Then when you get kicked in the shins you can remember what that felt like and it won't seem so bad.

Boogers
8/29/2006 3:19am,
I try to do simple things like heavy bag worki, but the hardest I've tried is to roll a wooden pin on my shin as hard as I could stand. Banging shins at training is the best, but make sure you move with the kick to take some of the sting out. Otherwise you will enjoy a sound much like two baseball bats colliding! (It feels like it too...)

P A Smith
8/29/2006 3:32am,
Kick the thai pads....a lot.
Kick the heavy bag...a lot.
Kick the bottom of the heavy bag (where it's dense)...a lot.
Spar with shin pads...a lot.
Spar without shin pads...a little bit.
Come fight time aggression and adrenalin will mean that shin blocks don't hurt as much as in normal training (unless your shin actually breaks).
The next day however...expect some pain. :)

Oh and block with the top part of the shin where the bone is thickest. Not the middle bit where it's thinest.

Robot Jesus
8/29/2006 3:39am,
i have iradiated baggers attack them and then pray to tony jaa.

alex
8/29/2006 3:44am,
I try to do simple things like heavy bag worki, but the hardest I've tried is to roll a wooden pin on my shin as hard as I could stand. Banging shins at training is the best, but make sure you move with the kick to take some of the sting out. Otherwise you will enjoy a sound much like two baseball bats colliding! (It feels like it too...)

and ignore this clown

Doctor X
8/29/2006 8:07am,
Get yourself a good heavy piece of wood. . . .

--J.D.

Doctor X
8/29/2006 9:15am,
. . . hey . . . what? Where am I?

--J.D.

Mars
8/29/2006 1:59pm,
Kick **** with your shin every chance you get, but not hard enough to break it. It takes time but the pain won't be as bad after a while. Also pad work helps tremendously

Torakaka
8/29/2006 2:07pm,
Hey Mars, where do you train at?

Vulgar42Ox
8/29/2006 8:04pm,
lot of interesting replies and only a few hostile ones, thank alot. i kind of assumed you'd kick a lot of crap to get your shins tougher, but i didnt know if there was some technique to make it go faster, or less painful.