PDA

View Full Version : Today Challenged...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

KFighter
8/25/2006 6:14pm,
Hey all my Bullshido brothers. Today I got challenged by a Taekwondo blackbelt to a fight. He originanlly wanted to fight me under TKD sparring rules (heh a badass, huh?) But I talked him into fighting me with modified MMA rules. The match is gonna be 5 rounds of 5 minutes. He told me it would end in round one with a spinning kick to my head. (I'm so scared lol)

What's some advice you can give me to fight this guy? My experience is Hapkido (currently studying.... yeah I know) I've also studied bits of Muay Thai (from a classmate of mine) and also I have an ok base in Wrestling. (Was in it for about 1 month and half until an injury) Also while on the Wrestling team, one of my teammates was studying BJJ, so I have a decent submission game. (he taught me some stuff)

Well I have some ideas on how to beat him. Work him with alot of punches, get him in the clinch (throw some knees) and go for the takedown. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

(In the next month I will start studying Judo, BJJ, or Sambo)

Neildo
8/25/2006 6:17pm,
When he telegraphs his SBK; Shoot, GnP.

I'd bet that it'll work, but i'm broke.

KFighter
8/25/2006 6:20pm,
He was quite sure of himself. He told me quote "don't try that grappling crap with me, Ill just push you off with all my leg strength" I better beware! He has anti grappling! (notice my sarcasm)

Blue Negation
8/25/2006 6:25pm,
Leg lock him for delicious irony, if you know how.

Vulgar42Ox
8/25/2006 6:27pm,
dont get in any legal trouble. if its like some hostile fight i wouldnt bother with it, but if its just a friendly thing i'd shoot on him, i dont think a tae kwon do guy would be that good on the ground at all, especially if you have a wrestling backround.

Copy/Paste Kid
8/25/2006 6:27pm,
Better KO him quick. It seems that you both have very limited ground skills from what you have shared in the thread. Be sure that he is not bullshiting you, if he has ground training, No Muay Thai or Hapkido is going to help if he or anyone you face has at least has 5 months good grappling training. My advice, make sure the fight doesn't end in the ground.

Keep us posted on what happens with this..

CPK.

Tenebrous
8/25/2006 6:31pm,
Videotape it.

KFighter
8/25/2006 6:35pm,
No, no legal trouble at all. This is not hostile, it's just he's sure he can beat me in MMA. Like today he told me how he beat a Kung Fu guy. (I yawned)

I've known him for years. He has no ground skills. Sadly enough, he doesn't even know what full guard is. I know some of the different mounts/positions/guards, submissions, chokes, and takedowns. He knows nothing.

I was thinking of taking it to the ground, cause I feel more comfortable there. But I'm definatly open to advice.

P.S: lol yes I know how to heel hook, and that would be great.

KFighter
8/25/2006 6:38pm,
Videotape it.

We are definatly videotaping it. When I'm fighting him, I shall think of Bullshido and the war against TKD.

Abe Frohman
8/25/2006 6:42pm,
We are definatly videotaping it. When I'm fighting him, I shall think of Bullshido and the war against TKD.

If there is a war against TKD, I sure as hell hope its not being waged by Hapkido stylists. That sounds to me like aikido trying to wage war on shotokan or something.

Just get inside and take him down.

Ryno
8/25/2006 6:42pm,
Keep your hands up and your elbows in. Some of those TKD guys will take advantage with a snazzy kick if you give them an opportunity.

Other than that, if you have good Muay Thai clench skills, I'd clench up and knee the tar out of him, then take him down for ground and pound. If you are very confident in a submission, go for that after you've worked him a little. A flailing TKD fighter with no grappling background is begging to get arm barred.

KFighter
8/25/2006 6:48pm,
Hey Abe, I don't consider myself a Hapkido stylist. I don't use it as my main focus, rather I use skills I've picked up. (and like I said soon I'll be learning Judo/BJJ/Sambo)

I keep my hands up (closed fist of course) A GnP or submission win would make me pretty happy.

Also should I show him what a leg kick feels like?

Abe Frohman
8/25/2006 6:51pm,
Also should I show him what a leg kick feels like?

Sure provided you dont get sloppy and let him hit you. In fact, even better than a win by gnp would be a win by kicking his lead leg til he cant walk.

KFighter
8/25/2006 6:53pm,
Sure provided you dont get sloppy and let him hit you. In fact, even better than a win by gnp would be a win by kicking his lead leg til he cant walk.

Not at all. I don't like to throw wild haymakers and whatnot. I just like to be nice and precise with my strikes. And you're very right, that would be a great way to win. Or maybe a TKO from knees.

hapkido_keith
8/25/2006 7:06pm,
If you could knee bar him while shouting "NEEEBAH!" you would be my hero.

MacWombat
8/25/2006 7:26pm,
Please upload the video. OOO and before the fight do interviews by a third party for each of you UFC style. Just upload it, I really want to see this for some reason.