PDA

View Full Version : BS home study course / belt factory site

NPTAKICK
8/21/2006 12:52am,
Hey I was on ebay and a seller offers certifications in several martial arts weapons by dvd home study course and mails you a completion certificate. This is probably okay, but then I went to his website and saw that he offers a complete course in Kenpo from white to black belt and promises to make you a black belt by his course. http://skkaacademy1.tripod.com He says you can send a video for testing for each belt but offers a "trust" system. So basically he doesn't have to even see u test to mail your certificates. I sense belt factory in the broadest sense and i think everyone needs to send him a nice email to him (from real Kenpo Practitioners) about how bogus his crap is. He even calls his system "ShorinKenjitsu" which is a name for sword fighting only, yet he includes this on all his styles. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Please discuss.

Gnat
8/21/2006 7:34am,
Hey...for $50 you can get a certificate saying that you're the founder of your own system. Kinda makes you wonder.:confused2

Doctor X
8/21/2006 7:46am,
Not playing the "Search Function Newbie" but if you do search the site, you will find all sorts of crapolla, including the one Gnat describes. If you have not sat down and read the "Coda Scott" extravagance, pour yourself a coffee, sit-down, and enjoy and weep.

I am not sure if anything can be done. There is nothing illegal setting yourself up as a "grand master" and printing certificates--unless you are breaking into trademarks.

--J.D.

NPTAKICK
8/21/2006 7:59am,
Not playing the "Search Function Newbie" but if you do search the site, you will find all sorts of crapolla, including the one Gnat describes. If you have not sat down and read the "Coda Scott" extravagance, pour yourself a coffee, sit-down, and enjoy and weep.

I am not sure if anything can be done. There is nothing illegal setting yourself up as a "grand master" and printing certificates--unless you are breaking into trademarks.

--J.D.
I did a search, a limited one. This guy probably aint the first one to do this, and won't be the last, as long as there are poor suckers who will shell out money for an instant black belt. I just think it is degrading and demeaning to put something up for sale that takes most honest people years to achieve, through hard work, etc.

Trubble
8/21/2006 10:05am,
to quote samuel l jackson in regards to these fat bastards..."yes i hope they die! and i hope they burn in hell"

NPTAKICK
8/21/2006 11:35pm,
Well not many replied to my thread, i guess im such a newbie. Things like this probably go on all the time so its nothing new. oh well.

Doctor X
8/21/2006 11:40pm,
No . . . no . . . it is just that scam artists have become all too frequent. I mean you have "diploma mills" for "life-experience degrees" and the like that people buy, it was only a matter of time for this crapolla. I suggested "search" only so you could weep over other examples.

Those who offer such and those who accept such are not worthy of consideration.

As for what to "do" in this case, I do not know if complaining to Ebay would do anything--selling something that is worthless?

Probably not.

--J.D.

Asriel
8/22/2006 4:24am,
If it's not illegal then it's very doubtful that Ebay will do anything about it.

colonelpong2
8/22/2006 8:20pm,
BAAAARRRRRGGGG!!! Bad combo! I just read the tommy nitro thread.... then this ones traight afterwards. I AM GOING BESREK! I am going to go outside and start smoking again, right now!!

Doctor X
8/23/2006 12:39am,
No! Do something constructive and helpful . . . kick a cat.

--J.D.

Agito
8/23/2006 1:03am,
I like cats.

Kick a tree.

Or yourself.
In the head.
They might let you on the Letterman show.

(On topic)-Ahem- Yes, that thing, person, or place in the link that I looked at is stupid because its wrong to do that.

Doctor X
8/23/2006 1:10am,
Then I will hit you in the head.

With a cat.

--J.D.

P.S. Unfortunately not much more to say since I am unaware of what can be done to stop such nonsense. There is no law against it.

P.P.S. Looks around for a cat. . . .

Bluto Blutarsky
8/23/2006 10:16am,
I want to create my own system.

Called:

Bitchslapanddonkeypunchyourmom-fu.

I wonder if they will give me a certificate for it.

Is such a joke even with a good name worth $50?

Gnat
8/23/2006 10:47am,
Why would anyone even spend $50 for BS like this, create your own certificate on your PC and print it out, throw a gold sticker on and woohoo instant master.

Brandon
8/23/2006 11:42am,
I want to create my own system.

Called:

Bitchslapanddonkeypunchyourmom-fu.

I wonder if they will give me a certificate for it.

Is such a joke even with a good name worth $50?

I'll certify you for 25 bucks.